A few observations

First - hats off to the RWS camera crew - lots of cheerleader action! <_<

Kyle Williams, and LB Wendell Hunter put in a good performance.

Fine game by Mooreman.

A. Thomas impressed; he was caught twice on shoestring tackles or would have shown more yardage.

WMG ran hard and was picking his holes pretty well. On the fumble, he was kinda outstretched and was going down - defender popped the ball out, which bounced to WMG's right where the safety was closing. JP caught up inside the 5 but some big body wiped him out.

JP threw a few low. I can't say he was very inspiring. The int was one of those oh-sh*t things - the db took a gamble - he misses the ball and the wr is off and running.

Very nice to see some passes to the rb's by design instead of desperation.

The 3rd quarter was not a thing of beauty. 1 of 11 3rd down conversions for the game.

Nall looked to me to have decent "pocket presence" . S. Williams got off some nifty runs. Garbage time, true - but good to see a mix of plays. Well-called quarter IMO.

A. Thomas impressed; he was caught twice on shoestring tackles or would have shown more yardage.

747185[/snapback]

He's getting every opportunity possible to stick the roster- I'm not sure going down on those two weak tackles is going to work in his favor.

Agreed. Thomas just doesn't seem to have it anymore. From what I have seen of Shaud Williams and Lionel Gates, A-Train should be the one to go.

He's getting every opportunity possible to stick the roster- I'm not sure going down on those two weak tackles is going to work in his favor.

747446[/snapback]

Agreed. Thomas just doesn't seem to have it anymore.  From what I have seen of Shaud Williams and Lionel Gates, A-Train should be the one to go.

747453[/snapback]

A train looked a lot quicker to me than I expected him to. Shaud doesn't add all that much although A Train and Gates are similar kinds of players and he is unique. But I wouldn't doubt if they kept Thomas and Gates, as big backs, and then cut Burns because they need the roster spot for an extra safety or WR or LB they like.

Agreed. Thomas just doesn't seem to have it anymore.  From what I have seen of Shaud Williams and Lionel Gates, A-Train should be the one to go.

747453[/snapback]

I was thinking that too. I just hope they don't cut Shaud, he's got too much heart and wants to play for this team.

747446[/snapback]

Dunno - the two were those out-of-the-blue trip-ups that the runner often doesn't even see. A fortuitous arm reach by a falling defender.

I thought the B'gal might be flagged for a leg trip on the 2nd one until they showed a replay.

First - hats off to the RWS camera crew - lots of cheerleader action! <_<

Kyle Williams, and LB Wendell Hunter put in a good performance. 

That's It! Cut Spikes! What has he done this year?!?! Hunter's our man!

Fine game by Mooreman.

He's going to tire his leg out before the season even starts!!!!

There's this new invention, "A-Train", it's called VELCRO! You can't be tackled by your shoestrings if you don't have them dummy! Cut him!

WMG ran hard and was picking his holes pretty well. On the fumble, he was kinda outstretched and was going down - defender popped the ball out, which bounced to WMG's right where the safety was closing.

You're all about the stats Willis! See what happens when you try to pad your stats with a little extra yardage?!?! Cut him!

JP caught up inside the 5 but some big body wiped him out.

JP threw a few low. I can't say he was very inspiring. The int was one of those oh-sh*t things - the db took a gamble - he misses the ball and the wr is off and running.

If I were GM I'd ensure he'd never take a snap in the NFL again after that horrible outing!

Very nice to see some passes to the rb's by design instead of desperation.

The 3rd quarter was not a thing of beauty.  1 of 11 3rd down conversions for the game.

Offense sucks! Cut 'em all! Fire the coach!

Nall looked to me to have decent "pocket presence" .  S. Williams got off some nifty runs.  Garbage time, true - but good to see a mix of plays. Well-called quarter IMO.

747185[/snapback]

Garbage is as garbage does, they'll never make it in the NFL. Cut 'em!

[/typical TSW pre-season over-reactionary twit]