While we fret about JP Losman...

I guess talking about the D detracts from the QB debate everyone seems to be enjoying.

PTR

747029[/snapback]

yeah, that defense is pretty terrible. I guess the positives that can be drawn are that TKO and vincent were out and that it is preseason. However, Meshawn and chad johnson shredded us 2 weeks in a row. Not good.

I was only monitoring the game on nfl.com and reading the threads here, but I didn't get the impression they were shredding us at all....Looked like their backups may have shredded some of our backups, but I don't think we're at the point where we can expect much from our depth (or lack thereof) yet....

The facts:

- Wright was 9/19 passing for 99 yards

- Rudi Johnson rushed 3 times for 3 yards, their backup ran 16 times for 44 yards

- the defense forced 5 three and outs in the first half

- the defense forced a three and out on a turnover inside the 10

- Take away the 2 tds the offense gave up and the turnover fg, the d allowed a 34 yard fg drive and a 60 yard td drive

- bottomline, without the turnovers (and two starters), the defense would have been leading 17-10.

Not bad. <_<

yeah, that defense is pretty terrible.  I guess the positives that can be drawn are that TKO and vincent were out and that it is preseason.  However, Meshawn and chad johnson shredded us 2 weeks in a row.  Not good.

747034[/snapback]

I believe that the one weakness in the cover 2 is that a good wr can find a lot of holes if the rush doesn't get there. Those are veterans guys and they found holes. However, the defense has been pretty good against the run and overall, the first team defense has only given up 2 tds in 2 games. My glasses are quite rosy tonight. <_<

I was at the game...our defense was really good. D-line played great, Crowell was all over the field, McGee rebounded nicely. Only problem was Johnson Vs. Clements. I don't care who the corner is, CJ is going to get open in single coverage. It looked like we were playing pretty basic D so there was never any safety help.

I guess talking about the D detracts from the QB debate everyone seems to be enjoying.

PTR

747029[/snapback]

I think you mean the O got baked. They gave up 13 points right off the bat in the first half. How is the D responsible for this deficit?

I have to wait until tomorrow to see the game, but I don't really see our D getting shredded from the play by play in the first half (second half is good to see individual performance, but no reflection of our team D).

1st series two Chad Johnson completions then a stand.

2nd series 3 and out with a sack

3rd series 3 and out

4th series allowed a sustained drive for a touchdown.

5th series 3 and out

6th series 2 penalties for a 1st and goal from the 1, then three stops for a FG

7th series from Bills 12, three and out FG

One drive out of 7 for a TD, 5 out of 7 no first downs. Not bad for a unit still playing without TKO.

I'll look for individual plays with Tivo tomorrow, but doesn't quite seem shredded. 4 key turnovers really hurt, but those were on our offense, not our defense.

I was at the game...our defense was really good.  D-line played great, Crowell was all over the field, McGee rebounded nicely.  Only problem was Johnson Vs. Clements.  I don't care who the corner is, CJ is going to get open in single coverage.  It looked like we were playing pretty basic D so there was never any safety help.

747043[/snapback]

Great news. Bengals have a great offence. Glad to hear our starters did pretty well. Did'nt see the game btw. Will Tivo tommorow.

I was at the game...our defense was really good.  D-line played great, Crowell was all over the field, McGee rebounded nicely.  Only problem was Johnson Vs. Clements.  I don't care who the corner is, CJ is going to get open in single coverage.  It looked like we were playing pretty basic D so there was never any safety help.

747043[/snapback]

I blame Troy Vincent. <_<

While mentioning the absence of Vincent and TKO, Palmer shoud also be brought up.

747060[/snapback]

Palmer fears the Bills....

The facts:

- Wright was 9/19 passing for 99 yards

- Rudi Johnson rushed 3 times for 3 yards, their backup ran 16 times for 44 yards

- the defense forced 5 three and outs in the first half

- the defense forced a three and out on a turnover inside the 10

- Take away the 2 tds the offense gave up and the turnover fg, the d allowed a 34 yard fg drive and a 60 yard td drive

- bottomline, without the turnovers (and two starters), the defense would have been leading 17-10.

Not bad.  <_<

747038[/snapback]

Did you include the goal line stand?