Can we put the McGahee Bad posts to rest?

....about how we are doomed becuase WM has a bad attitude, can't break a big one, too fat, still injured, etc.

I mean the guy was obviously sick - he was puking - and he went out there and ran hard anyway. Seems like good attitude to me.

He fumbled the ball, took the blame for it(in the press conference later), and then proceeded to break one for 61 yds. Seems like he can break one - even under pressure - and has the good attitude that allows him to come back.

While doing it he made a great cut that I don't see how he could make if he was still injured. Seems like he is healed.

Before you say he ran out of gas at the end, they asked him about that and he said he was screwing around - which I think he is more than entitled to do after a run like that. Seems like his playing weight being down is no joke - I think he would have gotten caught last year.

Let the nonsense and flaming begin.... <_<

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....about how we are doomed becuase WM has a bad attitude, can't break a big one, too fat, still injured, etc.

I mean the guy was obviously sick - he was puking - and he went out there and ran hard anyway. Seems like good attitude to me.

He fumbled the ball, took the blame for it(in the press conference later), and then proceeded to break one for 61 yds. Seems like he can break one - even under pressure - and has the good attitude that allows him to come back.

While doing it he made a great cut that I don't see how he could make if he was still injured. Seems like he is healed.

Before you say he ran out of gas at the end, they asked him about that and he said he was screwing around - which I think he is more than entitled to do after a run like that. Seems like his playing weight being down is no joke - I think he would have gotten caught last year.

Let the nonsense and flaming begin.... <_<

747024[/snapback]

Take away his one long run and what do you have? LOL, sorry, I like Willis, but am not impressed he had one good run

Willis good. Preseason is not a time for incumbent backs to shine, although I wouldn't have minded seeing some better runs. 8 for 27 without the big run isn't what I'd like to see, but I'm not worried.

From around the league this week:

Jamal Lewis 9 for 27yds

Tiki Barber 5 for 22yds

Larry Johnson 4 for 8yds

Tomlinson 0 for 0yds

I was pleased with the long run from Willis, which is a good sign. Other than that preseason isn't about 100 yard games.

Willis good.  Preseason is not a time for incumbent backs to shine, although I wouldn't have minded seeing some better runs.  8 for 27 without the big run isn't what I'd like to see, but I'm not worried.

From around the league this week:

Jamal Lewis 9 for 27yds

Tiki Barber 5 for 22yds

Larry Johnson 4 for 8yds

Tomlinson 0 for 0yds

I was pleased with the long run from Willis, which is a good sign.  Other than that preseason isn't about 100 yard games.

747056[/snapback]

Thats what all the best RB's do. They get 2 yards here, 3 yards there, and then 20+.

When your waiting to see these things from Willis, anytime is good.

Take away his one long run and what do you have? LOL, sorry, I like Willis, but am not impressed he had one good run

747033[/snapback]

This is the most over-used, illogical, critique ever used in football. By your account, Barry Sanders was a garbage runningback. <_<

This is the most over-used, illogical, critique ever used in football. By your account, Barry Sanders was a garbage runningback.  <_<

747186[/snapback]

Actually I never liked Barry Sanders. I like a back that is going to consistently get me first downs, not just break one once a game. Not saying Willis won't, or hasen't before, he has, but this game doesn't mean much to me. He's a good back, and hopfully the o-line can play well in front of him

Actually I never liked Barry Sanders. I like a back that is going to consistently get me first downs, not just break one once a game.

747207[/snapback]

I have had this argument with tons of people and you are the first one who agrees with me. A running back that is consistently putting you in 2nd and long and third and long, is going to be a detriment. Sanders was spectacular, but unfortunately he was never a consistent catalyst for winning.

Actually I never liked Barry Sanders. I like a back that is going to consistently get me first downs, not just break one once a game. Not saying Willis won't, or hasen't before, he has, but this game doesn't mean much to me. He's a good back, and hopfully the o-line can play well in front of him

747207[/snapback]

If you don't like my example I can understand that, but every back out there that you see averaging a healthy 4.5 ypc and up does so because they break a run once in a while. These guys mostly average 3 to 4 ypc on most runs until they hit one big. The select few who average more than this but don't really get any longer runs do so because they are often not touched until they are 3 or 4 yards down the field. (see Emmit Smith, Larry Johnson last season,etc.)

I have had this argument with tons of people and you are the first one who agrees with me.  A running back that is consistently putting you in 2nd and long and third and long, is going to be a detriment.  Sanders was spectacular, but unfortunately he was never a consistent catalyst for winning.

747222[/snapback]

Don't you think that had anything to do with the swiss cheese O-line he played behind? Are you saying that Barry would have had similar results playing his career for Dallas?

Don't you think that had anything to do with the swiss cheese O-line he played behind? Are you saying that Barry would have had similar results playing his career for Dallas?

747224[/snapback]

That's bull! Sanders was just that type of back, he would wait and wait for the hole and many times that caused losses in the backfield. Sure he'd break the long ones a lot but I can think of other backs I'd rather have

747224[/snapback]

A productive back takes what is their. They don't dance around for 15 seconds looking for something that isn't there. His talent was unreal, it just wasn't condusive to winning.

That's bull! Sanders was just that type of back, he would wait and wait for the hole and many times that caused losses in the backfield. Sure he'd break the long ones a lot but I can think of other backs I'd rather have

747233[/snapback]

Ok so you gonna go on record saying that Barry would have seen all those gaping holes you could drive a golf cart through created by the Dallas O-line and chose instead to run latterally into traffic and do his thing? I'm not gonna buy that and I don't think very many others would either.

Ok so you gonna go on record saying that Barry would have seen all those gaping holes you could drive a golf cart through created by the Dallas O-line and chose instead to run latterally into traffic and do his thing? I'm not gonna buy that and I don't think very many others would either.

747238[/snapback]

He might of but he wasn't a downhill runner like Emmit or Terrell Davis or Roger Craig.

747224[/snapback]

You just can't assume it. :(

The Bills have a big decision coming up. McGahee's contract is coming to an end. I would guess he would be looking for his payday.

Is he worth it? His numbers are pretty average.

26 games started. 3.9 yards per carry. 18 TD's. And a very disappointing 14 runs of 20+ yards.

As much as some Bills fans want to pretend McGahee is a top tier back I'm not sure if it's in the teams best interest to invest top dollar into a average back. <_<

You just can't assume it.  :(

The Bills have a big decision coming up. McGahee's contract is coming to an end. I would guess he would be looking for his payday.

Is he worth it? His numbers are pretty average.

26  games started. 3.9 yards per carry.  18 TD's. And a very disappointing 14 runs of 20+ yards.

As much as some Bills fans want to pretend McGahee is a top tier back I'm not sure if it's in the teams best interest to invest top dollar into a average back.  <_<

747245[/snapback]

I think we can all assume Willis knows what is at stake (he did come into camp extremely cut). I think he will have a breakout season and run for 1700 yards or so. Would you pay him then?

He might of but he wasn't a downhill runner like Emmit or Terrell Davis or Roger Craig.

747241[/snapback]

Thurman Thomas was also not a downhill runner. Neither is Curtis Martin. Nor is Tomlinson, or Alexander, or Marshall Faulk