Is this team really this bad?

Think about this: in the first half where mostly starters played, the Bengals scored 14 of their 27 points on a fumble and INT return, and scored another 6 points on fumbles that were within FG range. That's 20 points that the defense could largely do nothing about (I guess they could have gotten turnovers after JP's fumbles, to save 6 points, but...).

Even though it is preseason, Yes this team is this bad. Why do you guys do this to yourselves like this? This isn't even a result of the Donahoe propaganda machine. This is all on you guys.

I stand by my original record for the year: 5-11

The team probably is this bad, but it's to be expected. The Bills are implementing two schemes and there are quite a few young players getting plenty of playing time. That's not a recipe for immediate success. Unfortunately the Bills kick the season off with three divisional games which could put them way back before the teams gets their feet under them.

Everyone's entitled to his/her opinion.  Me I'm just a GHF (Glass Half Full) type.

746961[/snapback]

Me too....and I don't care if we're not a superbowl team this year. I am excited at the idea of just getting better. We have a lot of young players on this team who could really turn into something special. It's the second game of the preseason....we have a lot of football to look forward to and I don't see the point in crapping all over the team right now. We have a young team and we made a lot of changes this past offseason....I'm excited to see how they take shape.

Me too....and I don't care if we're not a superbowl team this year. I am excited at the idea of just getting better. We have a lot of young players on this team who could really turn into something special. It's the second game of the preseason....we have a lot of football to look forward to and I don't see the point in crapping all over the team right now. We have a young team and we made a lot of changes this past offseason....I'm excited to see how they take shape.

746967[/snapback]

I'm with you.

746967[/snapback]

Well put. What you said.

Still 5-11.

Even though it is preseason, Yes this team is this bad. Why do you guys do this to yourselves like this? This isn't even a result of the Donahoe propaganda machine. This is all on you guys.

I stand by my original record for the year: 5-11

746959[/snapback]

I'll take the over on that bet.

This team was 5-11 last year, had everything go wrong that could and an inept coach, lost the key to our D early, and was still two plays away from 7-9. Miami game 4th and goal TD to end the game, Jet's game pick a play.

If you want to add a little more, both the Carolina game and the first NE game were both one unspecified big play away from being wins, which would make us four plays away from 9-7.

I don't want to get carried away because the same could be said about a couple of our wins, but the idea is that for as bad as things went, we were a couple of lucky bounces away from a more respectable record.

With that said, I think that every aspect of this team has improved other than potentially WR where losing Sir Eric hasn't been proven to be compensated by Roscoe and Price.

A lot can happen in football, and you could be right, but I don't think smart money has this team not improving on last seasons record. I don't mind playing with low national expectations, but I hate to see gunshy scared Bills fans not wanting their heart broken so acting like we are going to get the #1 pick next year.

I say 8-8 with a decent shot at exceeding that if things bounce our way.