Nice!

jarthur31

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More than anything else, I want to see Nall start because of what all the GB fans were saying about him when we signed him.  He wasn't a perfect in practice kind of guy, but when he stepped on the field he got the job done.  I'd like to see him get his shot.  If he fails, so be it.  On with JP.

746927[/snapback]

I'd be happy for this also....though not because of his performance today. It would be beneficial to 'actually' see what he can do.

More than anything else, I want to see Nall start because of what all the GB fans were saying about him when we signed him.  He wasn't a perfect in practice kind of guy, but when he stepped on the field he got the job done.  I'd like to see him get his shot.  If he fails, so be it.  On with JP.

746927[/snapback]

The third pre-season game is the tune up game for the starters for the regular season. Teams game plan and use their starters for at least the half. The starting QB needs to be named this week in order for the O to have any kind of continuity.

I was all for Nall getting a real shot at the job but his injury prevented that. It's too bad for Nall but the team has to move on and get the entire offense on the same page. They can't do that with a QB flip flop every game, particularly for this one.

I know what you're getting at but cmon.  Is that really a valid comparison to the qb situation? <_<

746921[/snapback]

I wasn't really commenting on the QB situation, I was making a remark about the logic used in a previous post.

The third pre-season game is the tune up game for the starters for the regular season.  Teams game plan and use their starters for at least the half.  The starting QB needs to be named this week in order for the O to have any kind of continuity.

I was all for Nall getting a real shot at the job but his injury prevented that.  It's too bad for Nall but the team has to move on and get the entire offense on the same page.  They can't do that with a QB flip flop every game, particularly for this one.

Exactly what I've been saying. With Nall, it's "too little, too late." But just because JP might be named the starter for the season, it doesn't mean that Nall can't win the job if JP falters and Nall plays well in relief.

The third pre-season game is the tune up game for the starters for the regular season.  Teams game plan and use their starters for at least the half.  The starting QB needs to be named this week in order for the O to have any kind of continuity.

I was all for Nall getting a real shot at the job but his injury prevented that.  It's too bad for Nall but the team has to move on and get the entire offense on the same page.  They can't do that with a QB flip flop every game, particularly for this one.

746931[/snapback]

If Losman struggles, Nall will get his chance soon enough, anyway. But I agree. Its too late in the preseason to keep depriving the eventual starter of practice snaps. Losman should be the opening day starter. How long he keeps the job is up to him.

746931[/snapback]

Why can't the fourth game be the "dress rehersal"? I mean does it matter for one more week at this point.

If I'm Dickey I would start Nall for the first half and JP for the second end of story.

It's not like were the Indy Colts......

Nall should start next week if you want to use the same criteria that promoted Losman last week.  He did well, moved the team and didn't turn the ball over.  Plus had as many TDs as Losman.  He was by far the best QB out there tonight for the Bills.

746916[/snapback]

okay nobody can compare the qbs because they each played against different defensive squads.

BUT! Nall DID make the most of HIS situation and I believe he deserves the nod in the third preseason game...only fair. JP didn't play well enough to secure the outright starting pos IMO

okay nobody can compare the qbs because they each played against different defensive squads.

BUT!  Nall DID make the most of HIS situation and I believe he deserves the nod in the third preseason game...only fair.  JP didn't play well enough to secure the outright starting pos IMO

746941[/snapback]

furthermore, if this is a rebuilding year, let's treat it as such...give Nall a chance

PS I love JP

Why can't the fourth game be the "dress rehersal"?  I mean does it matter for one more week at this point.

Because other teams don't use it as one. It's starters against starters in the first half in the 3rd pre-season game, and mostly scrubs in the 4th pre-season game.

If I'm Dickey I would start Nall for the first half and JP for the second end of story.

It's not like were the Indy Colts......

Nall has missed too much time.

furthermore, if this is a rebuilding year, let's treat it as such...give Nall a chance

PS I love JP

Why give Nall a chance if it's a rebuilding year? He's been in the NFL for 5 years and the Packers gave-up on him and drafted a replacement LAST year for Favre, and let him go this year. If anything, your argument says we should start JP regardless and if he falters, cut him next year and bring in a new guy to compete with Nall.

Why give Nall a chance if it's a rebuilding year?  He's been in the NFL for 5 years and the Packers gave-up on him and drafted a replacement LAST year for Favre, and let him go this year.  If anything, your argument says we should start JP regardless and if he falters, cut him next year and bring in a new guy to compete with Nall.

746955[/snapback]

I agree with your point. But who can say for certain that JP is the superior quarterback at this point? Nall chose to leave Green Bay because the cards were stacked against him.

The main argument is not wether or not to start Losman or not. Losman will be the starter, and it is about time that you guys realize that this is a rebuilding year. Things don't come together over night for a team. I have tried to explain this before but nobody wants to listen.

Losman should start the whole season and get his growing pains out of the way now. He didn't get to last year because of the people in Bills nation and now he is one more year away from actually delivering for this team.

So yes, start Losman the whole year and you might want to give him a shot next year as well. He made real strides tonight, but people need to realize that this team is not going anywhere this year. WAKE UP.

Exactly what I've been saying.  With Nall, it's "too little, too late."  But just because JP might be named the starter for the season, it doesn't mean that Nall can't win the job if JP falters and Nall plays well in relief.

746936[/snapback]

Like KH against the Dolphins & Jets last year? <_<

I say IF JP wins this competition, you let him play no matter what. Friggin' Meathead, this mess should've been answered last year.

Friggin' Meathead, this mess should've been answered last year.

746966[/snapback]

I'm so glad that jackass is outta here....

I agree with your point.  But who can say for certain that JP is the superior quarterback at this point?  Nall chose to leave Green Bay because the cards were stacked against him.

At this point, after missing over 2 weeks with an injury, I CAN say that JP is the better QB. He should be the opening day starter and Nall should be made the backup and given an opportunity to be the starter later-on.

As for GB, Nall's lackluster play forced GB to draft Rodgers.

At this point, after missing over 2 weeks with an injury, I CAN say that JP is the better QB.  He should be the opening day starter and Nall should be made the backup and given an opportunity to be the starter later-on.

As for GB, Nall's lackluster play forced GB to draft Rodgers.

746970[/snapback]

How is Buffalo affected financially but the cutting of the soon-to-be third stringer (kh/nall)??