Wow...

Joey Porter perked up when he saw comments from Indianapolis Colts offensive line coach Howard Mudd, who popped off to The Indianapolis Star a day earlier. Referring to the Steelers' 21-18 victory in an AFC divisional playoff game seven months ago, Mudd said of the Steelers, "They are the champions, and I respect them, but the Pittsburgh Steelers did not beat the Colts. The Colts beat the Colts. Let's go play again. Right now." Porter, who called the Colts "soft" the week of the game, responded sharply. "I don't know what he's so mad about," Porter said. "(The referees) tried to help you all win that game. They tried their best to help you all win that game. The game was a blowout. We would have blown them out, for real, if you want to be that technical about it. I thought we should have beaten them by two touchdowns, easily, but with all the help they got from the refs and stuff, that gave them an opportunity to be close." Porter was referring to officials reversing a possible game-clinching interception by safety Troy Polamalu with 5 1/2 minutes left in the game and the Steelers leading, 21-10. The NFL later said the reversal was wrong. Porter, who had two of the Steelers' five sacks in the game, believes Mudd was wrong, too.

:D:) That's funny...I seem to remember a certain Super Bowl....

Joey Porter perked up when he saw comments from Indianapolis Colts offensive line coach Howard Mudd, who popped off to The Indianapolis Star a day earlier. Referring to the Steelers' 21-18 victory in an AFC divisional playoff game seven months ago, Mudd said of the Steelers, "They are the champions, and I respect them, but the Pittsburgh Steelers did not beat the Colts. The Colts beat the Colts. Let's go play again. Right now." Porter, who called the Colts "soft" the week of the game, responded sharply. "I don't know what he's so mad about," Porter said. "(The referees) tried to help you all win that game. They tried their best to help you all win that game. The game was a blowout. We would have blown them out, for real, if you want to be that technical about it. I thought we should have beaten them by two touchdowns, easily, but with all the help they got from the refs and stuff, that gave them an opportunity to be close." Porter was referring to officials reversing a possible game-clinching interception by safety Troy Polamalu with 5 1/2 minutes left in the game and the Steelers leading, 21-10. The NFL later said the reversal was wrong. Porter, who had two of the Steelers' five sacks in the game, believes Mudd was wrong, too.

:lol:  :) That's funny...I seem to remember a certain Super Bowl....

745484[/snapback]

I wonder if he could be fined for that.

You're right, maybe before he opened his mouth, he should go back and look at the Superbowl tapes before talking trash about the refs. :D

Nothing Joey Porter says surprises me at all. He's one of those overly arrogant athletes with a BIG mouth. Thinks he's 50Cent because he took a bullet or something, I don't know. Somebody needs to slap that guy right in the mouth.

I wonder if he could be fined for that.

You're right, maybe before he opened his mouth, he should go back and look at the Superbowl tapes before talking trash about the refs. :)

745516[/snapback]

While I don't like the Steelers and don't care much for Porter either he does have a point: The Steelers dominated that game, shutdown Manning and company and the refs did try to get the COlts back in the game. I wanted the Colts to win; they blew it in the end with that missed fumble return and missed FG. So Howard Mudd should just be quiet; its not as if it was a game they should have won; it was one in which they were lucky to be in. But if Porter wants to talk smack all he needs to do is pop in the Super Bowl tape and see how the refs robbed the Seahawks of the win.

While I don't like the Steelers and don't care much for Porter either he does have a point: The Steelers dominated that game, shutdown Manning and company and the refs did try to get the COlts back in the game. I wanted the Colts to win; they blew it in the end with that missed fumble return and missed FG. So Howard Mudd should just be quiet; its not as if it was a game they should have won; it was one in which they were lucky to be in. But if Porter wants to talk smack all he needs to do is pop in the Super Bowl tape and see how the refs robbed the Seahawks of the win.

745564[/snapback]

Agreed. Mudd should be blaming his OL for not protecting Manning and let him throw the ball......