How I see this roster

MrLocke

The way I see this roster is that, yes we have lots of holes. I would also that we have guys that have the potential to fill these holes.

The Holes that I think we have are: QB, TE, #1 WR #2 Wr, LT, LG, C, NT and SS.

At QB Losman was 1st rounder, so I think he has to the potential to step up.

TE- Royal should be able to block and also with Everett being a day 1 pick I like his chances at becoming a player.

1 WR- Maybe someone has metnioned it, but how is Evans holding up as the #1 WR? He had pretty good rookie and sophmore campaigns, but I think he needs to take his game to the next level to be the #1 wideout.

#2 WR- If PP can catch something like 50 balls for 750 I would be happy. I think this is about what you expect from your #2 WR.

As for the o-line all I will say is that if Willis is able to force eight men up in the box and allow the wrs to have single coverage and JP is able to get the ball to them we will be in business. The o-line job is so much easier if you can keep the defense guessing as to whether you are running or passing. It is that split second where defensive players are guessing that makes all the difference. The offensive players no where the ball is going on running plays. The defensive players do not.

On Defense we should have one of the best back 7s in the league assuming Whitner meets expectations.

It is the D-line where the real questions are. I'm happy with our ends Schobel, Denny and Kelsay all contributed on highly rated defenses. IF Tripplett and some else can fill the void of Sam Adams and Pat Williams we should be fine. One worry I have, though is that with these smaller quicker tackles we have that the o-linemen from other teams will be able to man-handle them. I wanted Haloti Ngata in the draft.

Anyway I just wanted to chime in with the season around the corner. If everyone that needs to step up does so, we could be talkin playoffs. If not it could be another long season, but not quite as bad as Greggo's first season as coach.

Assuming no major injuries, defensively, I think the DT's will make the difference. Pretty solid everywhere else on D. Not worried about Whitner too much. With his speed and ability and having played in a big time program, he'll be fine. Maybe much better than fine.

Offensively, it all hinges on the QB in my opinion. The OL is a big question mark, but put a QB back there that is a threat to make plays, and things have a stange way of opening up and making the line look better.

Put Peyton Manning behind a mediocre offensive line, and the Colts still have an explosive offense and even a good running game.

So there are other areas of the team to be concerned about for sure, but I think QB and DT will go the farthest in determining the outcome of the 2006 season for the Bills.

The way I see this roster is that, yes we have lots of holes. I would also that we have guys that have the potential to fill these holes.

The Holes that I think we have are: QB, TE, #1 WR #2 Wr, LT, LG, C, NT and SS.

At QB Losman was 1st rounder, so I think he has to the potential to step up.

TE- Royal should be able to block and also with Everett being a day 1 pick I like his chances at becoming a player.

1 WR- Maybe someone has metnioned it, but how is Evans holding up as the #1 WR? He had pretty good rookie and sophmore campaigns, but I think he needs to take his game to the next level to be the #1 wideout.

#2 WR- If PP can catch something like 50 balls for 750 I would be happy. I think this is about what you expect from your #2 WR.

As for the o-line all I will say is that if Willis is able to force eight men up in the box and allow the wrs to have single coverage and JP is able to get the ball to them we will be in business. The o-line job is so much easier if you can keep the defense guessing as to whether you are running or passing. It is that split second where defensive players are guessing that makes all the difference. The offensive players no where the ball is going on running plays. The defensive players do not.

On Defense we should have one of the best back 7s in the league assuming Whitner meets expectations.

It is the D-line where the real questions are. I'm happy with our ends Schobel, Denny and Kelsay all contributed on highly rated defenses. IF Tripplett and some else can fill the void of Sam Adams and Pat Williams we should be fine. One worry I have, though is that with these smaller quicker tackles we have that the o-linemen from other teams will be able to man-handle them. I wanted Haloti Ngata in the draft.

Anyway I just wanted to chime in with the season around the corner. If everyone that needs to step up does so, we could be talkin playoffs. If not it could be another long season, but not quite as bad as Greggo's first season as coach.

745479[/snapback]

The Bills will be lucky if all the wideouts not named Evans have those numbers combined. :)

This roster doesn't have a lot of talent. The little talent they do have seems to be in the secondary and the d-line. Tripplett is a waste of time and money. The Bills would be better off getting the young guys in there to take their licks and learn the game.

They have a lot of speed in the secondary. They might be better off playing a nickle or dime as their base defense. When you're in a spot like the Bills are right now you should just get you best athletes out on the field and hope for the best. :D

The Bills will be lucky if all the wideouts not named Evans have those numbers combined.  :)

What makes you think Price isn't capable of those numbers?

1. Age-wise he's in the prime of his career.

2. He hasn't had any major injuries and hasn't lost any speed or forgot how to catch the ball.

3. He's played at a probowl level in the past.

4. He's coming off situations in Atlanta and Dallas, where he a QB that had a hard time involving his WR's in the pasing game, and a stubborn head coach that preferred to play "his guys". And even in Atlanta, he put up those kind of numbers.

Looks like a good low risk signing to me, and 50-750 seems very realistic, hopefully a little low.

What makes you think Price isn't capable of those numbers?

1. Age-wise he's in the prime of his career.

2. He hasn't had any major injuries and hasn't lost any speed or forgot how to catch the ball.

3. He's played at a probowl level in the past.

4. He's coming off situations in Atlanta and Dallas, where he a QB that had a hard time involving his WR's in the pasing game, and a stubborn head coach that preferred to play "his guys". And even in Atlanta, he put up those kind of numbers.

Looks like a good low risk signing to me, and 50-750 seems very realistic, hopefully a little low.

745819[/snapback]

Reasons.

1) He doesn't have a stud #1 receiver on the other side to draw defenses.

2) No matter who wins the Bills QB starting job they will be the worst QB he has ever played with.

3) His arms retract in traffic like wedding tackle in ice water.

4) He has already played himself out the league once and if it weren't for the Bills he would be out this season.

5) Like many players his best year came in a contract year. Maybe the Bills should have signed him to a one year deal. Instead of giving him a big contract when no other team was even calling Price.

Maybe Price should change his name from Peerless to Dime-A-Dozen. The Bills could have signed a number of wideouts for less money. :):lol::D

Reasons.

1) He doesn't have a stud #1 receiver on the other side to draw defenses.

2) No matter who wins the Bills QB starting job they will be the worst QB he has ever played with.

3) His arms retract in traffic like wedding tackle in ice water.

4) He has already played himself out the league once and if it weren't for the Bills he would be out this season.

5) Like many players his best year came in a contract year. Maybe the Bills should have signed him to a one year deal. Instead of giving him a big contract when no other team was even calling Price.

Maybe Price should change his name from Peerless to Dime-A-Dozen. The Bills could have signed a number of wideouts for less money.  :)  :lol:  :D

745846[/snapback]

1. True, that'll make it tougher this time around.

2. Disagree. You don't think Losman can at least put up Michael Vick passing numbers? You're one distraught Bills fan.

3. True. But that was always the case. He catches his fair share and makes plays down the field.

4. He played himself out of Atlanta because of his contract and a RB playing QB. In Dallas, he just wasn't in.

5. I think maybe he'll realize this is basically a contract year for him. He may not get any opportunities at a starting job again if he blows this one.

It's amazing how many <500 posts posters all have the same negative rant? Is this a mere coincidence? Guess they don't stick around long once the rest of us tire of their unrelenting negativity. Not including you, Mr. Locke.

It's amazing how many <500 posts posters all have the same negative rant?  Is this a mere coincidence?  Guess they don't stick around long once the rest of us tire of their unrelenting negativity.  Not including you, Mr. Locke.

745856[/snapback]

It wouldn't be much of a discussion if everyone had the same opinion? Would it?

That would be a great topic? Don't you think? Why do so many have a negative opinion of the 2006 Bills? Wasn't just having Marv around supposed to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy?

The Boards are about discussion. It shouldn't be a one sided Circle-JK.

And speaking of tired? How about posting why you think Price will do well as a Bill without using the words "if" and "maybe". Instead of being just another poster proclaiming those who don't feel warm and fuzzy as "negative" or my favorite "doom and Gloom" :)

1. True, that'll make it tougher this time around.

2. Disagree. You don't think Losman can at least put up Michael Vick passing numbers? You're one distraught Bills fan.

3. True. But that was always the case. He catches his fair share and makes plays down the field. 

4. He played himself out of Atlanta because of his contract and a RB playing QB. In Dallas, he just wasn't in.

5. I think maybe he'll realize this is basically a contract year for him. He may not get any opportunities at a starting job again if he blows this one.

745854[/snapback]

For me Losman is wait and see. It would be great if he can turn it around but how often does it happen? It seems that you can tell right away and I don't know if Losman has shown enough on the physical and mental sides of the game.

As for Price? It's not impossible that he can turn it around. I don't know if he is the vertern wide receiver you want with the batch of young guys the Bills have. The Bills may not have a lot of talent at wideout but they do have speed. But if they can't run the ball and Losman can't take advantage of drawn in safeties then all the speed in the world won't help the Bills. :)

For me Losman is wait and see. It would be great if he can turn it around but how often does it happen? It seems that you can tell right away and I don't know if Losman has shown enough on the physical and mental sides of the game.

As for Price? It's not impossible that he can turn it around. I don't know if he is the vertern wide receiver you want with the batch of young guys the Bills have. The Bills may not have a lot of talent at wideout but they do have speed. But if they can't run the ball and Losman can't take advantage of drawn in safeties then all the speed in the world won't help the Bills.  :)

745883[/snapback]

Not sure if that "if" and "maybe" comment was directed at me, but since I'm the only one talking up Price in this thread, I'll assume it was.

I already gave you four reasons why I think Price could have a good year without using if or maybe in my first reply to your post.

It happens quite often that QB's who have only played 9 games in the NFL turn it around. The ones that turn out to be good rarely give any more indication than Losman after 9 NFL games. It's the next 16 that should give us some indication of progress.

Not sure if that "if" and "maybe" comment was directed at me, but since I'm the only one talking up Price in this thread, I'll assume it was.

I already gave you four reasons why I think Price could have a good year without using if or maybe in my first reply to your post.

It happens quite often that QB's who have only played 9 games in the NFL turn it around. The ones that turn out to be good rarely give any more indication than Losman after 9 NFL games. It's the next 16 that should give us some indication of progress.

745888[/snapback]

No. It was directed at the other guy I qouted.

I can't think of many QB's that were benched their first year as starter then came back from it. <_<