Peerless Price, Play Maker or Faker ?

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

I'll go with Play Maker,

QB and WR have to be on the same wave length, :) Something Peerless has clearly been lacking since leaving Buffalo. As much admiration as I have for Vicks athletic abilities, in my opinion, from a fan standpoint, he has come along real slow at the QB position. So Price's stop in Atlanta was fruitless.

Parcells jelling with Peerless? no , I don't see it happening. Parcells doesn't like anybody that thinks there smarter than he is :blink: and Price is no dummy so they probably clashed.

Now bring on Marv Levy, he loves a smart fella, :lol: and he knows how to utilize that quality to help make a Smarter team.

So In Peerless Price's case, I think the Price is right.

Could you guys chime in on this and tell me what you think.

Guest dog14787
Where do you get this notion that Peerless is such a smart player?

All I see is a guy who played himself off a bunch of teams.

745152[/snapback]

I watched the Atlanta Falcons games, Peerless Price ran Routes well, Vick just didn't hit his WR's very often. Add a heavy ground attack and Price never got the ball. He did well here and he never got a chance in Dallas so If thats a bunch I guess I missed something.

I stand behind what I say, Peerless Price is a very Smart young Man, I didn't say it had been translated onto the Field lately. If you get Peerless the ball, he will make plays, thats all I'm saying.

He did it here once and he'll do it again. :blink:

I expected more feedback, guess it's not a hot topic, thats going to change soon.

Michael Vick is a tremendous athlete. He's exciting to watch, I just wouldnt want him quaterbacking my team. sh-- for brains, and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn yard door. Considering that offense Price Put up pretty good #'s in fact better then anyone there. Price has the most receiving yards as a falcon with vick as a qb, and the most yards for a falcon wr in 03 since terrance mathis in 1999. Price might not have "lived up to his contract" but its not really his fault atlanta misjudged the type of wr they were getting matching him with the athlete behind center that they have. Calling Vick a quaterback is an insult to real qbs

Michael Vick is a tremendous athlete. He's exciting to watch, I just wouldnt want him quaterbacking my team.  sh-- for brains, and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn yard door. Considering that offense Price Put up pretty good #'s in fact better then anyone there. Price has the most receiving yards as a falcon with vick as a qb, and the most yards for a falcon wr in 03  since terrance mathis in 1999.  Price might not have "lived up to his contract" but its not really his fault atlanta misjudged the type of wr they were getting matching him with the athlete behind center  that they have. Calling Vick a quaterback is an insult to real qbs

745227[/snapback]

All excellent points. Add to that, people keep citing Prices' failure in Dallas.

In fact, Price was signed on the cheap well after the regular season had started, when the Cowboys had a slew of injuries to their receivers. IIRC, Keyshawn Johnson, and Patrick Crayton (their #1 & 3 recievers) were both injured at the same time. Terry Glenn was gimpy. They simply needed bodies. Price spent the first 2 weeks of his short stint with the Cowboys, 7 weeks, on the sidelines, in street close.

When he finally did dress for a game, he was really only used extensively in 1 game. IIRC, in that one game, he caught about 4 short passes that were thrown his way, for about 60 yards. I don't recall all of the details, but there was aother younger player, Cooper I think (can't remember his first name right now) that lost his eligibility for the practice squad during that time, so the Cowboys had to cut someone...it was Price. He wasn't a Parcells guy, and was still learning the offense. The Cowboys had no desire to add Price beyond last season, as it seemed, when healthy, they had a good stable of receivers.

In truth, Price never really had a chance to do anything with Dallas, and was merely filling a roster spot, keeping the bench warm for the regulars...don't use his time in Dallas as a way of assesing his performance.

It may be true that the Bills overpaid a little for a guy whose stock was low, but I really think, in the end, the Price signing won't look so bad. I think there are some valid criticisms of the way Price played in Buffalo (a bit of a hot dog, buttery fingers at the worst times), but he seems like a much more mature guy than he did when he was traded to Atlanta...it may all be just PR, but I remember his big play ability, and I can't believe it was all a fluke. The guy was great after the catch. In open field, against any defender, I would take Price nine times out of ten. Unless he has been injured and lost a lot of speed, I think he can still bring that to the Bills offense.

Of course, if there is not a QB capable of getting the ball out, it will be irrelevent.....it also remains to be seen how effective Lee Evans will be as the #1 receiver. If he can't command the double teams, it could be a long year for the Bills offense.

Where do you get this notion that Peerless is such a smart player?

All I see is a guy who played himself off a bunch of teams.

745152[/snapback]

First, do you consider two teams that he played himself off of a bunch of teams (though it is arguable he did not so much play himself off a Dallas team he joined well after the season had begun but that he did not play himself onto the team by beating out Terrell Owens) unless you want to claim all three teams he played with in his entire NFL teams constitute a bunch and that even then you want to claim that with 94 catches and gaining a huge silly contract from AT was playing himself off the Bills.

Second, the question of whether PP is smart is really secondary, the main question for team leadership questions is whether he is a smarter NFL vet than Parrish and Nance which I think he is.

Third, the reason why PP can make plays is simply because he is fast (reports from both insiders and outsiders say he has retained his speed) and has a rep which is gonna force teams to make some very difficult choices when facing the speedy Evans and Price in 3 WR sets and simply forces the opponents into a zone in 4 WR sets where Tyke Tolbert is already singing the praises of 4th WR Josh Reeds smarts and if he gets to pick on LBs and Ss in our St. L style O the same way he did when he picked on these guys as our #3 in 2002, it will likely be a boon for him.

PP need not replicate the 94 reception totals he ;ast achieved for the Bills. If he produces even 60-70 catches this season he will equal or exceed the total of Rams #2 WR made last year in their high flying O.

All signs point to him being a playmaker in the scheme we plan to use. The rate limiting factors here have little to do with PP's smarts and if he does not prove to be a playmaker it likely will be because the Bills offensive scheme failed as a whole because WM did not prove to be a receiving threat or JP could not get them the ball.

Do you have any objective reasons or factual statements for feeling he is will not be productive in the O scheme we apparently are developing?

Price's biggest asset is his ability to play opposite a good #1 receiver (i'm leaving out the QB's ability to get him the ball, but you can read about that in this month's edition to "No Sh*t" Magazine). If evans can command and possibly break the occasional double team, and the line can give JP time to check down, then price will have a great season again. Price will struggle if evans struggles though... Price is a great #2 guy, but a not so good #1 guy... If he knows his role, he'll succeed like he did in 2002.