Randy Lerner and Aston Villa...

buckeyemike

If you heard the news this week, Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner has made a bid to purchase the English Premiership team Aston Villa. If the bid is successful, I have inquired about and been approached to be a Browns-Web correspondent for Villatalk.com, a site for Aston Villa fans very similar to the Stadium Wall.

The fans on Villatalk are very excited about having an American billionaire and NFL owner pour money into their team...so much so that Randy Lerner's being hailed as a savior. I guess the previous owner is about as vilified there as Art Modell is here (or Old Man Ralph, in some quarters on this board).

Anyway, if the Lerner bid is successful, I will be posting at Villatalk quite a bit. That will tend to cut down on my time here.

Just wanted to let you all know.

Mike

If you heard the news this week, Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner has made a bid to purchase the English Premiership team Aston Villa.  If the bid is successful, I have inquired about and been approached to be a Browns-Web correspondent for Villatalk.com, a site for Aston Villa fans very similar to the Stadium Wall.

The fans on Villatalk are very excited about having an American billionaire and NFL owner pour money into their team...so much so that Randy Lerner's being hailed as a savior.  I guess the previous owner is about as vilified there as Art Modell is here (or Old Man Ralph, in some quarters on this board).

Anyway, if the Lerner bid is successful, I will be posting at Villatalk quite a bit.  That will tend to cut down on my time here.

Just wanted to let you all know.

Mike

745009[/snapback]

Best of luck! I hope you get the gig. Does that mean frequent trips to visit Nick?

Best of luck!  I hope you get the gig.  Does that mean frequent trips to visit Nick?

745015[/snapback]

Oh gosh, no. It will all be done online. And it's mostly volunteer. They'll get me an Aston Villa kit (jersey) if I want...it's to teach the English blokes about our version of football.

Mike

Oh gosh, no.  It will all be done online.  And it's mostly volunteer.  They'll get me an Aston Villa kit (jersey) if I want...it's to teach the English blokes about our version of football.

Mike

745017[/snapback]

I understand, but I think you NEED to be there in the flesh, on occasion. I'm just sayin'...