Curious report out of Denver

Beerball

Via CNN:

A suspect in the JonBenet Ramsey murder has been arrested in Thailand, Denver TV station KUSA reports. CNN working to confirm.

A little more info now:

link

The suspect was arrested Wednesday morning and has confessed to certain elements of the crime that are unknown to the general public, KUSA reported.

i am still convinced one of the parents is/was in deep in this thing, now they are saying patsy ramsey new about this person in thailand and was waiting for the case to break before she died

After nearly ten years???  And the recent death of Patsy Ramsey?

Mike

744982[/snapback]

I always thought that it was an OJ thing.  The parents were guilty as hell but could afford  better lawyers than the state could.

That must really suck to have everyone think that you killed your own kid for 10 years, when you were not involved at all.

745083[/snapback]

Yes, one of the sadder and odd, media frenzy stories of the past decade...

Creepy, skinny little scumbag. You gotta wonder how this case can sit for a decade, and then all of the sudden you get an arrest. I guess they guy may have made hints in various chatrooms.

Can't wait until the entire story is revealed.

Creepy, skinny little scumbag.  You gotta wonder how this case can sit for a decade, and then all of the sudden you get an arrest.  I guess they guy may have made hints in various chatrooms. 

Can't wait until the entire story is revealed.

745354[/snapback]

One day later, and the story gets weirder and weirder...

The year I moved to Austin, there was a quadruple homicide, at a TCBY, a bunch of girls that worked there were tied up, raped, mutilated, and the building set on fire....it took years to make an arrest. Three Mexican nationals were thought to be the killers, there were confessions made, etc etc...it was later figured out that these were not the murderes, but had confessed, to get out of Mexico...the Austin Police were under pressure to make an arrest...it all worked out...until private investigators shot holes in the story....

Another 8 years later four local kids, "great guys" according to their neighbors were arrested....one got off, because he narked on the other three....now, they are in cours, saying confessions were forced on them, yadda, yadda, yadda....

Point being, I am not sure there is still not a lot more to this story that we will never know.

One day later, and the story gets weirder and weirder...

The year I moved to Austin, there was a quadruple homicide, at a TCBY, a bunch of girls that worked there were tied up, raped, mutilated, and the building set on fire....it took years to make an arrest.  Three Mexican nationals were thought to be the killers, there were confessions made, etc etc...it was later figured out that these were not the murderes, but had confessed, to get out of Mexico...the Austin Police were under pressure to make an arrest...it all worked out...until private investigators shot holes in the story....

Another 8 years later four local kids, "great guys" according to their neighbors were arrested....one got off, because he narked on the other three....now, they are in cours, saying confessions were forced on them, yadda, yadda, yadda....

Point being, I am not sure there is still not a lot more to this story that we will never know.

745802[/snapback]

Confessions are probably next to eye witness identification in their unreliability. It is very easy to get a significant proportion (largely at the dumber/more suggestable end of the demograpghic) of any population to confess to anything you want them to, even if they are innocent.

You gotta wonder how this case can sit for a decade, and then all of the sudden you get an arrest. 

745354[/snapback]

Not sending any of the evidence for detailed forensic analysis for about a decade can do this in a case. And the Boulder Police did just that.

The Jonbenet Ramsey case is infamous in that it is almost a perfect example on how not to investigate a serious crime.