Oh You Bollahs

Chilly

Man are these guys funny or what?

EDIT: Forgot to post the link. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...MNGVJKJELG1.DTL

(08-16) 04:00 PDT Beirut -- Hezbollah refused to disarm and withdraw its fighters from the battle-scarred hills along the border with Israel Tuesday, threatening to delay deployment of the Lebanese army and endangering a fragile cease-fire.

The makings of a compromise, however, emerged from all-day meetings in Beirut, according to senior officials involved in the negotiations, and Prime Minister Fuad Saniora scheduled a Cabinet session today for what he hoped would be formal approval of the deal. Hezbollah implied it would be willing to pull back its fighters and weapons in exchange for a promise from the Lebanese army not to probe too carefully for underground bunkers and weapons caches, the officials said.

The title of your thread made me chuckle. I'm a microbiologist, and a few of my fellow 'ologists wanted to get us into a pharma/biotech bowling league. We were going to go with the "E-bollah's" as the team name. No one in Massachusetts pronounces their "r"s at the end of words (chowdah, hahvahd yahd, etc) so it made regional sense. The Hiz-bollah's would probably work as well, if not better.

"There's another strike by the Hiz-bollah's!"

"It's like he's on a mission from God!"

"Osama pin laden"

You get the drift.

The title of your thread made me chuckle.  I'm a microbiologist, and a few of my fellow 'ologists wanted to get us into a pharma/biotech bowling league.  We were going to go with the "E-bollah's" as the team name.  No one in Massachusetts pronounces their "r"s at the end of words (chowdah, hahvahd yahd, etc) so it made regional sense.  The Hiz-bollah's would probably work as well, if not better. 

"There's another strike by the Hiz-bollah's!" 

"It's like he's on a mission from God!"

"Osama pin laden"

You get the drift.

745079[/snapback]

:blink: