Mayan Riviera Resorts..

PSU_Mouse

Has anyone on the board been to either Aventura Spa Palace or Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun? We're going on our honeymoon at the end of march and are trying to figure out which one to go to.

Thanks so much!

744777[/snapback]

Haven't done either, but I did stay at the Riu Palace in Playacar and it was amazing. You should look into it.

Be forewarned - That area was housed by Huricane Katrina and I am not sure how it has recovered.

Has anyone on the board been to either Aventura Spa Palace or Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun? We're going on our honeymoon at the end of march and are trying to figure out which one to go to.

Thanks so much!

744777[/snapback]

My wife and I did Aventura Palace a couple years ago and we didn't want to go home. To this day it was the best place we have ever stayed. We plan on going back next year for our 5th anniversary. The restaraunts are awesome. Bars are nonstop. The swimup bar is where we spent the majority of our time. They did lose a reservation for one of our free tours, no big deal though because the resort has everything you need. The one recommendation I would make is don't accept the first room they put you in if you don't like it. They tried to put us in an "ocean view" room, we could see the ocean if you leaned over the balcony and looked over the AC on the next building. I went back to the front desk, told one of the front desk workers we weren't happy and ended up on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool and the lagoon. I slipped him a 20 for taking care of us. BTW there is no "beach front", but there is a man made lagoon, great for snorkeling etc. One of the things that is new is room service. They didn't have that when we were there. One other thing that you'll get to enjoy is some extra benefits for being on your honeymoon.

In other words...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!