Comments I Thought You Would Enjoy

After a beautiful summer with Italy’s triumphant forth World Cup title and Tiger’s masterpiece 4th round at Hoylake, it is now that I turn my attention to the Buffalo Bills. First of all, I sincerely want to thank the posters that have provided the prompt commentary from Rochester, N.Y., it is a life line to us Bills fans on the West Coast.

Let me start out with the good:

It is a pleasure to see pictures of Marv Levy in Bill’s attire strolling the sidelines in Rochester. There is something about that guy that exudes clarity, confidence, and a sense that the game is really about having fun. I think he is a positive addition, but he is also above the mean life span in this country, hence the longevity of his contributions will be a constant question.

The Secondary appears to be the team’s strongest unit and for all the talk about the rookie class I feel that Baker and King may be big contributors as well.

Larry Tripplet appears to be a solid free agent acquisition.

Can Kyle Williams be the “high” motor guy we have all been waiting for?

Unfortunately that is it in this category!

The Bad

The inability of JP Losman to separate himself from the likes of Nall and Holcomb is a major concern. This is the guy’s third time through an NFL training camp and with his physical attributes it has become obvious to me that his mental ability to execute this job must be off the charts in a negative direction; we can thank Donahoe again for his lack of due diligence in the mental facet of players (see Mike Williams). By the end of September this season can and most likely will become the Brady Quinn sweepstakes.

TKO might become KO’d this season, as it appears that his ability to bounce back from this injury will be like many others, including the great Achilles, in that it becomes an inability and results in the premature termination of another great career. For the customers of his spirited t-shirt comeback campaign, please reference this quote next spring when you use those same shirts to wax your car or clean the windows; and for the salary cap experts out there, what is the hit if we cut this guy at season’s end?

The fact that I have read many camp posters extolling the shiftiness of Shaud Williams and no quotes on “Willis looks faster” means that Willis probably lost his speed for good that tragic day in the Arizona desert. Granted, he may turn out to be a strong power back, but he will never materialize into the home run running back Donahoe told us he took with the 23rd pick overall. Without the serious upgrade to the o-line, I guess we will have to watch another bunch of stops behind our line of scrimmage? If JP does somehow turn the corner, watch Adrian Peterson from OU closely, he will be our pick come April 2007.

The Ugly

Please stop with the Josh Reed is catching everything in sight quotes. The only thing this confirms is that a.) he is a big kitty and is afraid to get hit in real games, b.) he would be a great addition in the Eastside touch league, and/or c.) practice is just that “practice’ and AI was right! If this guy starts opposite of Lee Evans we’re in really big trouble and also, can someone please issue a warrant on Price’s agent who just robbed the Bills of some serious money.

The offensive line is still offensive. Mark my words; we should have taken Winston Justice instead of MaCargo! Until management gets this unit fixed, we will be a fixture in the top 10 of the collegiate draft.

2-14 here we come!

After a beautiful summer with Italy’s triumphant forth World Cup title and Tiger’s masterpiece 4th round at Hoylake, it is now that I turn my attention to the Buffalo Bills. First of all, I sincerely want to thank the posters that have provided the prompt commentary from Rochester, N.Y., it is a life line to us Bills fans on the West Coast.

It is a pleasure to see pictures of Marv Levy in Bill’s attire strolling the sidelines in Rochester. There is something about that guy that exudes clarity, confidence, and a sense that the game is really about having fun. I think he is a positive addition, but he is also above the mean life span in this country, hence the longevity of his contributions will be a constant question.

The Secondary appears to be the team’s strongest unit and for all the talk about the rookie class I feel that Baker and King may be big contributors as well.

The Bad

The inability of JP Losman to separate himself from the likes of Nall and Holcomb is a major concern. This is the guy’s third time through an NFL training camp and with his physical attributes it has become obvious to me that his mental ability to execute this job must be off the charts in a negative direction; we can thank Donahoe again for his lack of due diligence in the mental facet of players (see Mike Williams). By the end of September this season can and most likely will become the Brady Quinn sweepstakes.

TKO might become KO’d this season, as it appears that his ability to bounce back from this injury will be like many others, including the great Achilles, in that it becomes an inability and results in the premature termination of another great career. For the customers of his spirited t-shirt comeback campaign, please reference this quote next spring when you use those same shirts to wax your car or clean the windows; and for the salary cap experts out there, what is the hit if we cut this guy at season’s end? 

The fact that I have read many camp posters extolling the shiftiness of Shaud Williams and no quotes on “Willis looks faster” means that Willis probably lost his speed for good that tragic day in the Arizona desert. Granted, he may turn out to be a strong power back, but he will never materialize into the home run running back Donahoe told us he took with the 23rd pick overall. Without the serious upgrade to the o-line, I guess we will have to watch another bunch of stops behind our line of scrimmage? If JP does somehow turn the corner, watch Adrian Peterson from OU closely, he will be our pick come April 2007.

The Ugly

Please stop with the Josh Reed is catching everything in sight quotes. The only thing this confirms is that a.) he is a big kitty and is afraid to get hit in real games, b.) he would be a great addition in the Eastside touch league, and/or c.) practice is just that “practice’ and AI was right! If this guy starts opposite of Lee Evans we’re in really big trouble and also, can someone please issue a warrant on Price’s agent who just robbed the Bills of some serious money.

The offensive line is still offensive. Mark my words; we should have taken Winston Justice instead of MaCargo! Until management gets this unit fixed, we will be a fixture in the top 10 of the collegiate draft.

2-14 here we come!

744723[/snapback]

Here's even the uglier:

You are quite the aszhole.

The Bad

744723[/snapback]

2-14 here we come? Are you really a Bills fan? Have you been reading any of twobillsdrive.com? Or any of the articles on this forum? JP is pretty much named the starter? So how can you say he hasn't been able to seperate himself from nall or holcomb? What planet are you living on? You think we're gonna cut TKO after this season? Even if he isn't at 100%, lets say he only returns to say 80%, that still makes him a damn good football player. One worth keeping, but I don't have any doubt he'll be just as good as before, hes a highly motivated and dedicated person and player and he seems very determined to return to his former shape and seems to be following a very exstensive rehab regiment. Maybe you should brush up on some news articles before posting this crap? Also I rarely see anyone posting anything about Josh Reed catching everything in sight, if anything most people are questioning Reeds hands because he has always had a problem with consistently catching and not dropping passes. I see more criticism of him here then support, and I'd like to say im in the same boat untill he proves me otherwise. Regardless I think the bills are making many steps in the right direction and im glad to see JP finally seperating himself and making progress, I think we will far surpass your prediction of 2-14, I'm not saying playoffs, but we are definetly better then 2 and 14!

Please change your name to "Bogarded The Pipe".

744731[/snapback]

I have visions of him Roscoe, passing the pipe back and forth, wondering who can make the most ludicrous comments to get everyone pissed off.

He is right about TKO. Everything I've read says he's done and can't move at all.

Jesus. Has the average age of the posters on this board plummeted that much?

you were wrong about one thing.....I didn't like the comments :rolleyes:

The Bad

The Ugly

2-14 here we come!

744723[/snapback]

HC:

We are just going to have to wait and see. Preseason has never been a good indication, especially for Levy teams. My expectation regarding Losman was to have this job in the bag by week one of camp, there is no contest based on physical skills and the facts are Nall and Holcomb are very below average. It shouldn't have taken him this long. I bet Lienhart would have displaced this type of competition by now. We are talking about Kelly Holcomb and Craig Nall??? Come on man! I haven't completely thrown JP overboard, I actually think he might come through, but the odds are against him with this current line and group of receivers.

I agree with all your comments regarding TKO, but the fact remains this is a brutal injury to come back from and I heard stories regarding a possible week 3 return, which concerns me because my expectation was that he would be ready to go by now.

A prediction is just that, a prediction, I don't see this team winning many games and this is the same guy that never bought into Mulukey, Bledsoe, Donahoe, Mike Williams and the rest of the junk this team has been feeding us the last 4 or 5 years, while the rest of this site was annually making superbowl arrangements in August

I accept the fact we are rebuilding and once we put together a good offensive line and find a productive quarterback only then will I declare we are back in business.

It wouldn't be much of a competition if they handed him the keys in week one of camp now would it....as many of us believe, the "competition" is more to give credibility to Losman in the eyes of his teammates than it is to really see if he is better than Holcomb. In order to give the other QB's a fair shake you can't say JP's the man after 3 practices. There are plenty reports out of camp talking about how Willis looks trimmer and faster than before. The compliments of Shaud Williams have, however been few and far between.

HC:

We are just going to have to wait and see. Preseason has never been a good indication, especially for Levy teams. My expectation regarding Losman was to have this job in the bag by week one of camp, there is no contest based on physical skills and the facts are Nall and Holcomb are very below average. It shouldn't have taken him this long. I bet Lienhart would have displaced this type of competition by now. We are talking about Kelly Holcomb and Craig Nall??? Come on man! I haven't completely thrown JP overboard, I actually think he might come through, but the odds are against him with this current line and group of receivers.

I agree with all your comments regarding TKO, but the fact remains this is a brutal injury to come back from and I heard stories regarding a possible week 3 return, which concerns me because my expectation was that he would be ready to go by now.

A prediction is just that, a prediction, I don't see this team winning many games and this is the same guy that never bought into Mulukey, Bledsoe, Donahoe, Mike Williams and the rest of the junk this team has been feeding us the last 4 or 5 years, while the rest of this site was annually making superbowl arrangements in August

I accept the fact we are rebuilding and once we put together a good offensive line and find a productive quarterback only then will I declare we are back in business.

744769[/snapback]

First of all TKO tore his achilles in week 3. This injury takes about a year to get back to "normal". Not even considering getting on the field. If he is ready by week 3 that would be great. I dont know where you would get the idea that he would be ready start just because camp starts.

This, I wholeheartedly agree with. John McCargo looked good playing on the same line as Manny Lawson and Mario Williams.

744723[/snapback]

Preseason. Justice will turn into a very solid offensive lineman.

Given the Eagles are one of the winningest franchises over the last few years, I would tend to trust their talent evaluation, particularly when it comes to linemen. Unlike the Bills, the Eagles invest in linemen on both sides of the ball (as evidenced by their first 2 picks).

The Bills draft little people like top pick Roscoe Parish (who now sits 4th on the depth chart).

Yeah, and Winston Justice looked GREAT in those first 2 pre-season games. :blink:

744812[/snapback]

The Bills draft little people like top picks Roscoe Parish (who now sits 4th on the depth chart).

744932[/snapback]

Now I'm confused...

Was Roscoe a top pick, or did we take him with the 23rd pick of the 2nd round? (#55 overall?)

Did he spend most of his rookie season with his wrist being held together with pins and plaster - and does he look pretty strong in his bid for #2 WR - or do I have him confused with a different player?

I was misleading -- he was our "top" pick last year due to the fact that we did not have a first round draft pick. This was a team laden with skill players, begging for players that would make the squad a more physical unit. What do we do with our top-most pick? Choose an undersized WR with speed.

Makes absolutely no sense.

Now I'm confused...

Was Roscoe a top pick, or did we take him with the 23rd pick of the 2nd round?  (#55 overall?)

Did he spend most of his rookie season with his wrist being held together with pins and plaster - and does he look pretty strong in his bid for #2 WR - or do I have him confused with a different player?

744959[/snapback]