Reggie Bush hit with fine

Chilly

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9601371

This whole thing is just downright stupid.

To the NFL:  Way to continue earning your "No Fun League" nickname.

To Bush, the Saints, and Adidas:  Play by the god damned rules that your employer has set out.

744617[/snapback]

Reggie says Addidas will pay the fine.

The NFL should make Addidas pay the fine directly to Nike and Reebok, then we'll see how many times this happens.

Bush replied by saying, "Adidas took care of it."

744624[/snapback]

Which is interesting, because NFL rules would force Bush to pay the fine himself.

Unless Adidas worked something out with the NFL, but I didn't take it to be that way in hte article.

The same Adidas that now owns Reebok????

744626[/snapback]

Haha yeah. I think the problem for the NFL contractually would be Nike, not Reebok.

Reggie says Addidas will pay the fine.

The NFL should make Addidas pay the fine directly to Nike and Reebok, then we'll see how many times this happens.

744627[/snapback]

The problem is that Adidas isn't allowed to pay the fine by NFL rules, according to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello's quote on ProFootballTalk.com. (although I wish I coul d see it on another site, I don't trust that one)

What does it matter if he pays the fine and addidas pays him back? Same difference.

745052[/snapback]

Not quite - he'd have to pay tax on that extra $10,000 that Adidas pays him because it's income, whereas if Adidas pays the fine, he doesn't pay tax on that.

My company has a product for Coke (you know those stupid numbers under the caps?), and during the spinup project, you apparantly couldn't drink any Pepsi products for a few weeks while Coke was onsite. :blink: This is really no different.

CW

Not quite - he'd have to pay tax on that extra $10,000 that Adidas pays him because it's income, whereas if Adidas pays the fine, he doesn't pay tax on that.

My company has a product for Coke (you know those stupid numbers under the caps?), and during the spinup project, you apparantly couldn't drink any Pepsi products for a few weeks while Coke was onsite. :blink:  This is really no different.

CW

745056[/snapback]

So they pay him the extra to cover the taxes. Hell, the publicity they've gotten from the fine alone will cover that.