Offense Top Ten List

Mickey

Top ten reasons to be optimistic about the offense this year:

• 10. Willis will play on third down so that we no longer have our best player on the bench on the most important plays of each series.

9. Tight ends no longer wearing the "cloak of invisibility".

8. Offensive brain trust of Curly Mularkey, Larry Wyche and Moe Clements replaced.

7. Willis unleashed to run wherever there is a hole.

6. 88 A and B Divide*

5. No longer required by contract to throw 10 balls to Eric Moulds per game regardless of whether his is open.

4. Philosophy changed from "Don't lose" to "Win".

3. The immutable laws of physics dictate that Fowler, Reyes and Peters can't possibly play worse than Anderson, Teague and Williams as the latter trio established a universal constant for "worst ever" (v/2 x j/k-u% + xholding calls=suk).

2. Evans, Evans, Evans is now the man.

1. JP ver. 2006, final release. No more beta QB's.

*Bonus trivia: Identify the source of the reference "88 A and B Divide" and explain why it will improve this offense.

Trivia answer

It's a football game (football stratomatic?) that uses offensive card overlapped w/ defensive cards resulting in a probability matrix that is 'randomly' determined by flicking a beed w/ a pointing in its seam between 2 springs.

A & B Divide is when the 2 RBs (A & B), go out in short 'Go' routes 'dividing' the pocket.

Wwow, haven't played that in about 30 years. Fun game though, but IIRC, the odds made for some unrealistic results. (I used to keep stats. Yes, I'm a geek.)

p.s. Until proven otherwise, as far as I'm concerned, our best player is still kept off the field on 3rd downs. Moorman only plays on 4th.