Greer again ?, are you kidding

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

:doh:

This guy does nothing but get burned and he doesn't make tackles so how does he keep making the team. I hope Levy takes a good look at what this guy does on Game day because he has costed us dearly on numerous occassion's.

I know he's a nice guy and all but we need someone to break up passes and make tackles. Thats what DB's do, or are supposed to do in his case. Athletic ability? I don't see it on game day.

Am I missing something here guys? :blush:

I would like to hear some input on this.

So I guess he is just a TCW(Training Camo Wonder) or our offense/QBs just sucks. He is making alot of plays in camp, but I think he did the samething lastyear in camp. Lets see how he finishes training camp and the preseason games. I really think he is a lock to make the roster . I just want to see some productive,(INTs, Tackles, Deflections, or something,) out of him, and all the players on the rosters, so we can win some games, and make it back to the superbowl to lose it again. Go Bills!!!

So I guess he is just a TCW(Training Camo Wonder) or our offense/QBs just sucks. He is making alot of plays in camp, but I think he did the samething lastyear in camp. Lets see how he finishes training camp and the preseason games. I really think he is a lock to make the roster . I just want to see some productive,(INTs, Tackles, Deflections, or something,) out of him, and all the players on the rosters, so we can win some games, and make it back to the superbowl to lose it again. Go Bills!!!

744254[/snapback]

Why in the world would you say that?

I hope Levy takes a good look at what this guy does on Game day because he has costed us dearly on numerous occassion's.

744250[/snapback]

Uh, hate to be the grammar police but WTF is that? Also, one's credibilty is severely limited when "dog" is a part of your name. I guess I'll give you points for not spelling it "dawg".

Greer has been making plays in camp, and is essentially battling for the nickel/dime corner spot. With all the problems this team has, our fifth or sixth DB is not a huge concern of mine. I think Youboty climbs the depth chart ahead of him before it's too long.

This guy does nothing but get burned and he doesn't make tackles so how does he keep making the team.  I hope Levy takes a good look at what this guy does on Game day because he has costed us dearly on numerous occassion's.

I know he's a nice guy and all but we need someone to break up passes and make tackles. Thats what DB's do, or are supposed to do in his case. Athletic ability? I don't see it on game day.  Am I missing something here guys? :blush:  I would like to hear some input on this.

Thanks  :blush:

744250[/snapback]

Did you watch the game last Saturday? Greer came up twice on passes thrown to a WR at the line of scrimmage and made solid tackles both times.

I'm not saying he is ready to be a starter, but he's not camp fodder.

From where did THIS thread come? :blush:

744304[/snapback]

I believe the desire to take one of camps bright spots and tarnish it with a perpetual losing attitude may play into it. Greer has a boatload of athleticism and seems to be finding himself a nice home in this defense.

This guy does nothing but get burned and he doesn't make tackles so how does he keep making the team.  I hope Levy takes a good look at what this guy does on Game day because he has costed us dearly on numerous occassion's.

I know he's a nice guy and all but we need someone to break up passes and make tackles. Thats what DB's do, or are supposed to do in his case. Athletic ability? I don't see it on game day.

Am I missing something here guys? :blush:

Thanks  :blush:

744250[/snapback]

The experts and geniuses have spoken.

Lets not forget, Greer is also a special teamer, and with Mrav's history as a special teams coach, he may see something in the kid.

Exactly. I've been watching this kid for 2 years - he's got a lot of potential to accompany his positive attitude, good heart and team spirit.

B-)

Am I missing something here guys? :rolleyes:

Thanks  :w00t:

744250[/snapback]

I think you are missing a few things here. One of the things I think is neat about many Bills fans are the high expectations a lot of folks have. However, it is clear from several posts that these expectations often drift off into unreasonable and uirrational as folks seem to demand that every player is a Pro Bowler (a nice thought but it does not happen that way even for NE and Pitts). What really seems to be nuts is that folks then seem to feel that if a player is not a Pro Bowler then he sucks completely.

The first thing you seem to forget is that Greer has played all of two seasons as a pro. he signed with the bills prior to the 2004 season and became its nickel in his second year.

Given that the modern nickel against offenses which often boast 3 WR sets is really like a 12th starter who plays as much as 50% of plays, the fact that a sophomore in the NFL can take this job coming out of camp rather than inheriting it due to injury is simply an unusual accomplishment in and of itself.

second, do not forget that not only is he a very young player who has assumed an important role, but he was actually a UDFA and did not attract draft attention. Results are results and simply getting PT though an accomplishment does not mean a player is good or even adequate.

However, Greer made the roster and in fact took PT from drafted players because he has produced some results. I think he turned some heads when he actually earned a start at CB as a rookie due to injuries to our CBs (Vincent was out and Thomas was on his way out of football due to injury) and he actually was credited with 18 tacjkles in one game as a rookie.

This actually is such an accomplishment that even if one is displeased with his play in a number of situations, this is not a player you simply throw under the bus. Do no forget that he was able to log a sack (not the norm for many CBs not to mention UDFAs) in both of his years. He has produced more than most his age and draft status and he has not finished learning how to be a pro yet since he is so young.

He is a training camp warrior, having took in at least 2 INTs last pre-season including one where he broke on the ball wonderfully and went horiszontal to snatch the ball. Pre-season does not count in the officals records but these accomplishments simply mean you would be dumb to give up on this player.

Finally, lest you judge this individual harshly for results last season, do not forget that the team around him sucked also. it is not surprising to me at all that a youngster would get embarassed more than the norm (not that I felt he was a huge problem amongst our many problems last year) when your fellow teammates are injured (like TKO. Milloy, and TV), having trouble playing well (like Clements), or just simply refusing to do what you are supposed to do in the scheme (Sam Adams and the lack of pass rush that hurt all the DBs).

If the Bills were to cut Greer, he would be snapped up and well paid by other teams in the NFL in a hot second. With good training and development it is not an impossibility that he might end up starting as the #2 CB for another team.

The good news for the Bills is that even if they do not resign Clements, former Pro Bowler McGee and the well-regadrd Youbouty are likely to start and actually if they resign Clements, given that young Eruic King is also well-regarded, I think that Greer might be offered up for significant trde value if we extend NC.