Food Report

stuckincincy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's okay...as long as you take them out of the foil sleeves first and then put them back in the box. 

Make sure you put them in the broiler vertically, too...I can't stress that enough.

743795[/snapback]

You didn't have enough stress. Let me try:

****VERTICALLY****

I think I'm just gonna leave my pop-tart in the toaster, and eat the toaster with the pop-tart in it.  :(

743782[/snapback]

I tried that once. But my toaster had a warning on it: "Not to be taken internally."

I so distinctly remember the very moment I read the warning on the Pop-Tarts. It was a sunny afternoon in April of 1990, in Poughkeepsie NY, and it was the birth of my realization that American society is, in fact, doomed...

A bit longer.  The instructions for toasting a Pop-Tart are actually a bit involved: "Remove pastry from outer sleeve.  Place pastry in toaster vertically" - that last point seems to be stressed for some reason - "toast on LOW setting.  Remove from toaster when toasted.  Caution: Pastry may be hot when heated."

743779[/snapback]

There's a good reason they tell you to cook on low.

What does it say about our society when a thread about microwavable hotdogs w/buns gets more replies than a story about a breast implant saving a woman's life?

BTW--what condiment on your hotdog?  Anyone ever heard of chow-chow or is that strictly a Texas thingy?

743747[/snapback]

There wasn't any pictures.

You want responses, topics should include food or photos of breast implants(preferably after surgery).

The package had a Choking Warning: "For children under 6, cut hot dogs lengthwise and crosswise into small bite-sized pieces. Children shound always be seated and supervised while eating".  It's tough to be a kid these days... :blush:

743696[/snapback]

Hell my kids eat them cold with no bun. My two year old will have one in each hand. I buy 3 lbs at a time.

Hell my kids eat them cold with no bun. My two year old will have one in each hand. I buy 3 lbs at a time.

743947[/snapback]

With a hot dog in each hand, if your two-year old falls and doesn't have a hand available to brace him/herself...you could sue the hot dog company for damages, and then they'd have to add a warning "CAUTION: do not eat hot dogs with both hands."

It will be a cold day in hell when I pay over a buck a dog to eat at my own house.  I may be frugal, but by my math I could have about 24 hot dogs for that money.

743701[/snapback]

Damn dude, what kind of crap hot dogs do you eat?

A bit longer.  The instructions for toasting a Pop-Tart are actually a bit involved: "Remove pastry from outer sleeve.  Place pastry in toaster vertically" - that last point seems to be stressed for some reason - "toast on LOW setting.  Remove from toaster when toasted.  Caution: Pastry may be hot when heated."

743779[/snapback]

On another note (dealing with the PopTarts foil sleeve and foil in general)... I always get this comment from my wife... :doh::lol: "Why must you not put tin foil in the microwave?... A microwave is space age technology and foil seems to always be around space craft and what not."

:blush::blush:

God's honest truth! I get questions like this daily! Now you know why I am so effed up!

My 8 year old son has a firmer grasp on science and the world around him!

:lol::lol:

Still not as good as the all-time stupidest warning.  On a box of Pop-Tarts: "Caution.  Pastries may be hot when heated."

Reading warnings these days, it makes one wonder how any of us made it to adulthood.

743732[/snapback]

There is a warning on Hormel Pepperoni packages: Do Not Eat Packet.

I didn't believe it when someone told me this, but gosh darn if it isn't true.

here is a tip from yours tuly.  Buy a pack of hotdogs at walmart for $.68 for 8, buy a pack of buns for $.89.  Go home, take a hot dog, place it in a bun, wrap assembled hot dog and bun in paper towel or napikan.  Microwave on high for 1:00 minute.  Remove..voila, fast hotdog from the microwave, less than $.20 for the whole thing

743792[/snapback]

This reminds me one of my biggest pet peeves, why don't hot dog buns come in the same count that prepackaged dogs come in? Usually it's 8 or 12 buns and 10 dogs.

This reminds me one of my biggest pet peeves, why don't hot dog buns come in the same count that prepackaged dogs come in? Usually it's 8 or 12 buns and 10 dogs.

745068[/snapback]

The man is sticking it too you. Although that is where the whole "lowest common denomonator" thingy comes into play. :blink:

The man is sticking it too you.  Although that is where the whole "lowest common denomonator" thingy comes into play.   :blink:

745310[/snapback]

Think of it the other way... You get something free... Think positive, haven't bakers been doing that for some time now... Not everyone is on the same page.

:):lol: