ESPN MNF

Rico

omg, are you serious? lol  Those guys crack me up, but she can do better. I was really hot for Melina until she started looking like a damn clown  :(

743397[/snapback]

:ph34r: Thanks for reminding me; I forget it's on every other week, though it really does suck now. I spent a whole day last week searching old matches on youtube - some good stuff there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:(  Thanks for reminding me; I forget it's on every other week, though it really does suck now.  I spent a whole day last week searching old matches on youtube - some good stuff there.

743405[/snapback]

Yeah, it's nothing like what it used to be....I still get a kick out of it, but back in the 80's there was some REALLY good stuff. It's been a while since I've looked at them, but I've got a lot of older wrestling tapes where the matches were just great....early Macho Man stuff, road warriors, early Hogan (I still get fired up when he pins the sheik in MSG for the belt the first time lol), the Volkoffs, etc.

Yeah she's engaged to Kenny of the spirit squad,  but damn is she hot :(

743406[/snapback]

I'm infatuated with her lips for some reason, lol....I love a woman with full, sexy lips :ph34r:

One more wrestling related thing.  If you get MSG On Wednesdays  they air from 8-10 wwf msg classics. it's worth checking out if you like/liked wrestling

743411[/snapback]

dang, I wish I got that channel....I'd love to see that.

Yeah, it's nothing like what it used to be....I still get a kick out of it, but back in the 80's there was some REALLY good stuff. It's been a while since I've looked at them, but I've got a lot of older wrestling tapes where the matches were just great....early Macho Man stuff, road warriors, early Hogan (I still get fired up when he pins the sheik in MSG for the belt the first time lol), the Volkoffs, etc.

743409[/snapback]

Hah, I hate Hogan but I really didn't get into it until his famous NWO heel turn. It was so gay that Savage always had to dump to him when he was such a better wrestler.

Hah, I hate Hogan but I really didn't get into it until his famous NWO heel turn.  It was so gay that Savage always had to dump to him when he was such a better wrestler.

743419[/snapback]

I totally agree...Savage was one of the most athletically gifted wrestlers ever. I have some footage of him back in his mid-south days where he was just incredible. He was awesome in the WWF until his "macho king" days....then his schtick started getting kinda dumb.

743409[/snapback]

They need to bring the old-school managers back. Estrada's pretty funny for what he is, but he's the only one around now.

They need to bring the old-school managers back. Estrada's pretty funny for what he is, but he's the only one around now.

743459[/snapback]

Miss Elizabeth rules! And the Brain too - phenominal commentator.

Man they're trying way too hard to generate heat w/ this Edge storyline. Just pull the face/heel double switch w/ Cena already and get it over with.

Tirico is a huge improvement over Mike "COMPLETE FOR TWO YARDS!!!!! :( " Patrick, as expected.

Theismann still blows, as expected.

Kornheiser sucks too.

I will be playing tunes in the background this year once again.

On another note, I'm not too pleased with NBC's coverage either, the main camera is zoomed in too tight on the OL/DL IMO, less actual picture then on ESPN or FOX.

743353[/snapback]

I don't know, I guess I am always in the minority when it comes to broadcast crews...through three quarters, I think they are doing a pretty damn good job...Kornheiser is really nothing like Dennis Miller...he is actually humourous, without being a smug arrogant prick, and at least knows something about football, maybe not X's & O's, but the NFL...is there anybody that anybody does like?

I know it always tempting to turn the game down and put music on, or the radio coverage, but honestly, I don't enjoy the games as much...I know a lot of the lower profile guys who do the Bills games are awful (Randy Cross is the one guy I think is just horrendous), but I think all of the nationally televised game guys are decent...Theisman gets a bad rap sometimes, but he has improved a lot...the only big guy a truly can't stand is Joe Buck...

Incidently, I have been transfering old Bills games from VHS to DVD this summer...it is fun to watch some of them...the other day I was transfering the Eagles @ Bills game from 1990 (Dec. 2nd, 1990, the birth of the Bills "no-huddle" offense), which was covered by CBS...wtf happened to Terry Bradshaw? He used to be funny, and brutally honest....now he is just unbearable....on the post game show, they are covering, live, an overtime drive by the Lions, against the Bears, which culminates in a missed chip-shot field goal by Eddie Murray. When they come back to the studio, Greg Gumball is tripping over himself trying to make excuses for Murray (who they had just been lauding as one of the games great "money kickers")....when he gives Bradshaw a chance to talk, he just says, "don't make excuses, Murray just did a terrible job"....

Savage was one of the most athletically gifted wrestlers ever. I have some footage of him back in his mid-south days where he was just incredible. He was awesome in the WWF until his "macho king" days....then his schtick started getting kinda dumb.

Wow, in just short two pages on a MNF thread we went from how Tony Kornheiser is fairing tonight to Suzy Kolbar's love life to Randy Savage's "Macho King" era, god bless the internet :(

Staying on topic (I think) one thing that annoys more than bad announcers, is useless graphics on the screen...kudos to ESPN for keeping it fairly simple, although the sorce/time thing is in kind of an odd place....bottom right corner works best for me!