Little Leaguer has a very unfortunate name

UConn James

Seems the story about the game is more interesting... Think somebody brought it up in the other thread...

Not to hijack... :ph34r::blink: the thread... With regards to the game... Couldn't VT just have batted the bottom half of the sixth, even though they wouldn't have normally needed to because with "last ups" they had the lead.

What I am saying is... Can a "winning" team in baseball still continue to bat the last half of the last inning, even know they don't need to and had mathematically "won" the game? Is it mandatory they not play the last half of the last inning?

So... If it isn't mandatory that your TEAM NOT play their "last ups"... Why did VT start tinkering with the game in the top half of the sixth?... They should have just finished NH (or let NH purposely get out... Thinking they (NH) could appeal and win) off and then demanded to finish the bottom of the sixth just to get the "forgotten"/left out player to bat.

Or was it really a lose-lose situation for the VT team?... Seems if the VT coach really "forgot" about one player, they were screwed no matter what... Unless they were allowed to go into the bottom of the sixth winning...

Get my drift???

:(:doh:

An old SNL skit had Kevin Nealon going through life with the name of "Johnny Hildo" or some such, chronically mistaken for "Dildo".

He ended up in prison after fnally murdering someone (headline: "Crazed Dildo Murders!), and his cellmate introduced himself as "I'm Ralph...Ralph Bagina". :(

Seems the story about the game is more interesting... Think somebody brought it up in the other thread...

Not to hijack... :blush:  :doh:  the thread... With regards to the game... Couldn't VT just have batted the bottom half of the sixth, even though they wouldn't have normally needed to because with "last ups" they had the lead.

What I am saying is... Can a "winning" team in baseball still continue to bat the last half of the last inning, even know they don't need to and had mathematically "won" the game?  Is it mandatory they not play the last half of the last inning?

So... If it isn't mandatory that your TEAM NOT play their "last ups"... Why did VT start tinkering with the game in the top half of the sixth?... They should have just finished NH (or let NH purposely get out... Thinking they (NH) could appeal and win) off and then demanded to finish the bottom of the sixth just to get the "forgotten"/left out player to bat.

Or was it really a lose-lose situation for the VT team?... Seems if the VT coach really "forgot" about one player, they were screwed no matter what... Unless they were allowed to go into the bottom of the sixth winning...

Get my drift???

:blush:  :lol:

743577[/snapback]

I scanned through maybe half the story, and what I took from it was, VT was tanking it, trying to get NH to score a run to make it 9-9. That way, VT could put the kid up to bat in the bottom of the inning and be legit. The NH coach saw what was happening.

I don't know about the 'last ups' rules. I guess it isn't/can't be played when that team already has the lead. Probably the same reason why tennis matches don't go to a 5th set tie-break after someone mathematically wins the championship 6-1 in the set. It's redundant..