World Trade Center-Awesome Movie

SD Jarhead

Very well made.  Ollie Stone was VERY restrained; he did not force the script, and did not make cheap tugs at emotion. 

743263[/snapback]

Rare as hell for him. I haven't watched an Oliver Stone film since he put out that manipulative piece of trash "Born on the Fourth of July". In my view, he has a well-earned reputation as a cheap sensationalist of a filmmaker...for him to NOT resort to cheap sensationalism is...interesting.

Still won't see it, though. That day's still far too fresh in my mind to sit through a film of it. (Though I won't, on that basis, argue that the film shouldn't have been made, or that no one should see it, or that they shouldn't turn a profit. :blush:)

Rare as hell for him.  I haven't watched an Oliver Stone film since he put out that manipulative piece of trash "Born on the Fourth of July".  In my view, he has a well-earned reputation as a cheap sensationalist of a filmmaker...for him to NOT resort to cheap sensationalism is...interesting.

Still won't see it, though.  That day's still far too fresh in my mind to sit through a film of it.  (Though I won't, on that basis, argue that the film shouldn't have been made, or that no one should see it, or that they shouldn't turn a profit.   :blush:)

743943[/snapback]

Oh yeah, it was not like a typical Stone film at all, which I agree is a major positive. I was skeptical, but a friend of mine saw it first, and said (to my surprise) that Stone did not layer the script with conspiracies and lay blame for what happened that day. He really did stay out of his own way, and the result was a very touching depiction of real life events. I was RELIEVED...I did not want to pay $10 for the typical Stone craziness, especially considering the topic...

Rare as hell for him.  I haven't watched an Oliver Stone film since he put out that manipulative piece of trash "Born on the Fourth of July".  In my view, he has a well-earned reputation as a cheap sensationalist of a filmmaker...for him to NOT resort to cheap sensationalism is...interesting.

Still won't see it, though.  That day's still far too fresh in my mind to sit through a film of it.  (Though I won't, on that basis, argue that the film shouldn't have been made, or that no one should see it, or that they shouldn't turn a profit.  :blush:)

743943[/snapback]

I give him a bit of credit for his cameo in "Dave." Being able to laugh at yourself is cool.

Still won't see it, though.  That day's still far too fresh in my mind to sit through a film of it. 

I feel the same way. I don't know if there is any memory bouncing around in my head that is more palpable than that day. I remember that feeling of intrigue as I heard that a plane had crashed into the WTC, which then led into horror as we began to understand that this was an attack. I honestly don't know if I could watch this film right now, cause chances are it's very realistic and I fear it would be overload for me. People who have either downplayed the events of that day should be ashamed of themselves, IMO.