GM vehicles led in small SUV's,midsize cars and

cromagnum

I have Owned Chevy Trucks since 91, a very solid vehicle.

July 06 was the strongest retail sales month so far this year for General Motors.

GM's market share increased nearly 27%, and led in three of the most competitive industry segments: small SUV's, midsize cars and fullsize Trucks.

In terms of retail share growth (not counting low-margin fleet sales) GM has outperformed virtually all it's competitors...

GM's total sales were down with july 05, Gm last summer was in the midst of a highly successful program offering their cars and trucks at the same price that GM employees pay..

GM began the program in june 05 to help clear out inventories of 05 models; in it's first month, GM's market share shot up 32.4%, it's highest level in a decade..

So the year to year comparisons for this june and july were highly unusual, and don't offer a good measure of GM's performance this summer.

GM offers more models that get EPA-rated 30mpg or better highway mileage that any other automaker, including Toyota and Honda..And consumers are responding.

Chevy Aveo is is the best selling subcompact in america-a segment Toyota,Honda and Nissan didn't even compete in until this year...Gm was ahead of the competition in this increasingly important segment.

GM is also the leader in offering flexible fuel vehicles that can run E85 ethanol, with more than 2 million on the road today..

GM's saturn division Vue Green, the most affordable hybrid SUV, just went into production..And next year they will offer sophisticated versions on full-size SUV's that promise more improvement on fuel economy..

Pontiac Solstice, saturn sky and chevrolet corvette ZO6 are sold out for the year.

Cadillac and Buick scored higher than Toyota,Acura,Honda,Jaguar,BMW,Infinity,Mercedes and Volvo in the latest J.D. Power and associates vehicle dependability study!!

I love it :w00t:Like a Rock

I own a Honda and wouldn't drive anything else. My parents have stuck with GM throughout the years and every one their cars (Impala, Malibu, Taurus, Spirit, Dynasty) were all pieces of sh--. They all had problems within months of purchase. This constant failure did little to dissuade them from being good Americans and sticking with their country's pride. This did however make this consumer take a step back and realize that maybe those vehicles weren't for me. Merely by circumstance, my first two real cars (excluding cars I bought for less than $1000) were a Honda and an Acura. I couldn't have been happier with either car and until they prove me wrong I will stick with the brand.

I own a Honda and wouldn't drive anything else.  My parents have stuck with GM throughout the years and every one their cars (Impala, Malibu, Taurus, Spirit, Dynasty) were all pieces of sh--.  They all had problems within months of purchase.  This constant failure did little to dissuade them from being good Americans and sticking with their country's pride.  This did however make this consumer take a step back and realize that maybe those vehicles weren't for me.  Merely by circumstance, my first two real cars (excluding cars I bought for less than $1000) were a Honda and an Acura.  I couldn't have been happier with either car and until they prove me wrong I will stick with the brand.

742733[/snapback]

Hmmm... Only 2/5 of those models are GM... ;):) Taurus was Ford. Spirit and Dynasty was Chrysler. These models are all doosy's too. I guess they had a knack at picking models... :o;)

Notice the are and was in this post also...

Thanks for poining that out. I guess my hangup isn't with GM specifically but those specific models. I guess the one common theme among them is that they are all cheap, outside of the Imapala. My old man knows a thing or two about penny pinching. I always have spent just a little out of my range to ensure quality. He always spent well within his budget inevitably ensuring a lack of quality.

Thanks for poining that out.  I guess my hangup isn't with GM specifically but those specific models.  I guess the one common theme among them is that they are all cheap, outside of the Imapala.  My old man knows a thing or two about penny pinching.  I always have spent just a little out of my range to ensure quality.  He always spent well within his budget inevitably ensuring a lack of quality.

742739[/snapback]

I was gonna say that, but didn't want to offend you or your father... :o;)

The Impala probably was his best? I still don't know the years of the 2 GM products... The Ford had a long run up till about last year... Yet, the early ones rusted bad, real bad. My wife cracked up my new Chyrsler Pacifica... ;):) ... And the rental is a '05 Taurus, what a hunk of junk.

FORD= Found on Road Dead... :lol:

... The two Chrysler products on your list basically date themselves pre-platform changes in the early '90s.

I feel sorry for your old man... :lol::D

Cadillac and Buick scored higher than Toyota,Acura,Honda,Jaguar,BMW,Infinity,Mercedes and Volvo in the latest J.D. Power and associates vehicle dependability study!!

742716[/snapback]

Buicks are dependable, but Cadillacs are ridiculously unreliable

this is why JD Powers and Associates ratings are garbasge

742746[/snapback]

I don't know... A guy at work still drives a 1979 Caddy Eldorado Biarritz... Has the stainless roof, I think it is front wheel drive.

Cadillac has always been an innovator... Buick just a step below...

It is all how you take care of something... Unless it is a Ford... ;)

The Impala probably was his best?  I still don't know the years of the 2 GM products...

742742[/snapback]

I think the Impala was '01 and the Malibu an '03. I really have no idea. I just looked at pictures online and tried to match them up.

I think the Impala was '01 and the Malibu an '03.  I really have no idea.  I just looked at pictures online and tried to match them up.

742760[/snapback]

not a problem with my 2001 Impala

just bought a new Buick minivan- love it

if you want to talk bias talk consumer reports- i can sum it up for you

Asian- CS loves no matter what

US- CS hates no matter what

It is all how you take care of something... Unless it is a Ford... ;)

742748[/snapback]

Love my 96 Explorer. Driving up to Canada(ottawa) for a family reunion reunion this week, will put me over the 175K miles mark. Now, i do however change the oil at least once every 10,000 miles.

Only repairs to date outside of wearble parts like brakes

AC Recharged

Throttle Assembly($175)

Drive Belt ($300)

Now, if we want to talk true pieces o chit, ;ets talk bout this VW Toureg i got in the driveway.

Gotta tell ya something when i trust my 96 Explorer more than the 05 Toureg on a long trip 0:)

BTW, anybody in the market for a beatiful, well maintained , fahfunuggen my ass vehicle, I got a beaut for sale

I was gonna say that, but didn't want to offend you or your father... ;)  ;)

The Impala probably was his best?  I still don't know the years of the 2 GM products... The Ford had a long run up till about last year... Yet, the early ones rusted bad, real bad.  My wife cracked up my new Chyrsler Pacifica... 0:)  ;) ... And the rental is a '05 Taurus, what a hunk of junk.

FORD= Found on Road Dead... :angry:

... The two Chrysler products on your list basically date themselves pre-platform changes in the early '90s.

I feel sorry for your old man... :lol:  :lol:

742742[/snapback]

when it comes to small cars, japs dominate

when it comes to big trucks, can't go wrong with american

742746[/snapback]

I do not know who is reliable in consumer magazines..

When I was 16 I drove a 75 cadillac Eldorado with a 454 4 barrel to work and loaded the trunk with bricks and calls kinds of construction materials..Drove to work in comfort and beat the snot out of a wide range of vehicles on the street.

This was in 86, that car was solid and could burn tires off the rims, it was still going strong in 93, when some other punk at 16 needed a vehicle to go to school.

My mom had a 73 buick riveria that was gorgeous and powerful, she gave that buick to my uncle in 88, he fugged it up on the south east expresssway in a accident with a dumptruck... When She originally bought the car used in 75 it was stolen in a month and found in roxbury on blocks stripped, my old man kept and had it fixed, electric moonroof and all..

if you want to talk bias talk consumer reports- i can sum it up for you

Asian- CS loves no matter what

US- CS hates no matter what

742878[/snapback]

200% correct!!!!!!!!!! That mag has painted themselves so much into a corner with Jap cars, that for their own slanted credibility they cannot not endorse anything else. I feel for people that are blinded by CR

One thing about all these threads with car comparisons. So many people compare their 2006 Honda/Toyota to their 1985 Ford/GM car and say how wonderful they are. Well compare the same model years, I doubt you'll find much difference.

200% correct!!!!!!!!!!  That mag has painted themselves so much into a corner with Jap cars, that for their own slanted credibility they cannot not endorse anything else.  I feel for people that are blinded by CR

One thing about all these threads with car comparisons.  So many people compare their 2006 Honda/Toyota to their 1985 Ford/GM car and say how wonderful they are.  Well compare the same model years, I doubt you'll find much difference.

743376[/snapback]

Bingo!

I have nothing against Fords... Just like to mock them... :ph34r::(

I had a series of Chev's & Buicks 1966-1983.  They just kept getting worse & worse.  Switched to Datsun later Nissan in 1983 because I got tired of being on a first name basis with Mr. Goodwrench! :blush:

744011[/snapback]

True. But you stopped at the lowest point/depth of their products. American models did nothing but get better after that.

Not disputing that things got ugly in the late '70's and early 80's... But, if you would have stuck with the product (not blaming you for abandoning them though)... You would have disproved your overall feeling that American vehicles keep on getting worse.

Then... Again... Part of the reason why American autos made a turn around is because people like you bailed on them... Which in the long run was a GOOD thing I suppose...

:blush:

• 2 weeks later...
I have Owned Chevy Trucks since 91, a very solid vehicle.

July 06 was the strongest  retail sales month so far this year for General Motors.

GM's market share increased nearly 27%, and led in three of the most competitive industry segments: small SUV's, midsize cars and fullsize Trucks.

In terms of retail share growth (not counting low-margin fleet sales) GM has outperformed virtually all it's competitors...

GM's total sales were down with july 05, Gm last summer was in the midst of a highly successful program offering their cars and trucks at the same price that GM employees pay..

GM began the program in june 05 to help clear out inventories of 05 models; in it's first month, GM's market share shot up 32.4%, it's highest level in a decade..

So the year to year comparisons for this june and july were highly unusual, and don't offer a good measure of GM's performance this summer.

GM offers more models that get EPA-rated 30mpg or better highway mileage that any other automaker, including Toyota and Honda..And consumers are responding.

Chevy Aveo is is the best selling subcompact in america-a segment Toyota,Honda and Nissan didn't even compete in until this year...Gm was ahead of the competition in this increasingly important segment.

GM is also the leader in offering flexible fuel vehicles that can run E85 ethanol, with more than 2 million on the road today..

GM's saturn division Vue Green, the most affordable hybrid SUV, just went into production..And next year they will offer sophisticated versions on full-size SUV's that promise more improvement on fuel economy..

Pontiac Solstice, saturn sky and chevrolet corvette ZO6 are sold out for the year.

I love it :w00t:Like a Rock

742716[/snapback]

Welcome back IBTG81 ;):w00t:;)

Welcome back IBTG81 :blink: :blink:  :w00t:

752466[/snapback]

Haha!!! :P

Look at what GM has to do in order to get sales...

Plus, look at the number of cars Honda produces compared to how many they sell. I guarantee the percentage is better than that of GM.

I'll take a Honda/Toyota any day of the week.

Viva le Fit!! :lol: