Observations about JP

Peter

However, he can't yet throw a touch pass over the outstretched arms of a LB and he can't consistently throw accurate passes into a tight spot. 

742591[/snapback]

I seem to recall a completed pass he threw over one defender and short of a second. That pass play was featured and shown at least once on replay. They remarked about what a nice touch he had to have to complete that pass.

I'm not saying that proves anything regarding consistency, but I think at least dispells the notion that he can't yet throw a touch pass over the outstretched arms of a linebacker.

The kid needs some time. He is learning his second offense in three years and on top of that he is working on a lot of issues, including footwork, reading defenses and making quick decisions.

I think he has the physical ability and he has demonstrated the ability to make good plays and perform with good technique. he just needs time to develop consistency. The only way you get that is playing.

Something else I noticed at the end of our game that, for some reason, I don't remember seeing in the past. With Kingsbury in during the final drive, I saw JP on the sideline with the coaches, listening over the headset and ultimately joining them during a timeout.

I may be wrong because I drink a lot and it fuzzes my mind, but last year I recall JP not paying too much attention to anything after he was pulled from a game or if Kelly was the starter.

McGahee, no.  Right now Lionel Gates is the best RB on this team.  Willis needs to get his butt in gear.  He looked indecisive again and did not show the 2nd effort that Gates showed and Gates looks quicker. 

742820[/snapback]

0:););) I get dumber every time I read your posts.

That was a very impressive ride on the retard rodeo. Looks like it was a wild weekend keepthefaith.

Anyways, I did notice JP step up in the pocket and then make a completion, where last year he definitely would've taken off running. Actually, I didn't read the post, but I'm sure Pyrite Gal already mentioned everything I noticed so I'll just stop there.

I think the accuracy issues all boil down to anxiety. As the game wore on he became far more accurate. I think that's also going to happen as he gets more games under his belt. The Channel 7 announcers stated that he appeared to be making correct reads and throwing to the right players. That's something he also stroggled with last year. He's moving in the right direction. I think he's going to be fine.

I am not pro JP or anti JP.  I do really hope that he turns out to be worth the investment that we have in him. 

It seems to me that the game is just too fast for him at this stage of his career or the corollary of that -- he is thinking too much. 

An example of this that I noticed watching the replay of the game on the NFL Network was when the Bills almost got a delay of game penalty.  He did not even notice.  I believe it was Shaud Williams who had to call the time out.  Perhaps JP has got so much swimming around in his head at this point in his career that the position is not as instinctive for him at this level.

Part of this may be explained by his lack of experience. Perhaps with experience, he will be able to work through this and, as a result, the game and his reads will become more instinctive.

The other troubling aspect of his game is his lack of accuracy.  When Aiken was wide open for a TD, JP threw the ball out of bounds.  When the Bills called the quick pass to the wide out, JP threw it into the turf.  It seems as though his accuracy has not improved from last year.

I never saw the guy play in college so I have no idea if this is indicative of his college career.  I just hope that he can work through this and be the kind of QB many of you are convinced he can be.

As of now, I think that the best that we can expect at the QB position is that whoever does start does not lose us any games.  I really hope that one of the three QBs will emerge as a real threat and be able to take advantage of the weapons that we have at WR and cause the opposing defenses to not commit eight guys to the box as they did most of the time last year. 

Otherwise, it is going to be a very long and frustrating season.

With any luck, we will see improvement each week during the preseason and in the regular season.  I really would like to see the kid end the ten years of frustration that we have had at the QB position.

742579[/snapback]

ok lets give up all ready. If u noticed it was actually the coaching staff that had trouble getting calls into JP and they caused the delay. In terms of his throwing ability, he made good decisions with the ball. He skipped out two passes because he is rusty as any QB would be in his first game. Other than that he scrambled out of trouble well and threw some great passes. Two were plainly dropped by his recievers on the first series, and a few other good ones were to convert third downs. Open your eyes you neysayer and cheer on your team, they are better than you think.

It seems as though his accuracy has not improved from last year.

I never saw the guy play in college so I have no idea if this is indicative of his college career.

742579[/snapback]

He spent most of his college career running for his life behind a porous line. Maybe he's so used to it that he actually throws more accurately on the hoof.

0:)  ;)  ;)   I get dumber every time I read your posts.

That was a very impressive ride on the retard rodeo.  Looks like it was a wild weekend keepthefaith.

Anyways, I did notice JP step up in the pocket and then make a completion, where last year he definitely would've taken off running.  Actually, I didn't read the post, but I'm sure Pyrite Gal already mentioned everything I noticed so I'll just stop there.

743167[/snapback]

Ahhh.. If you only knew what I know. Keep watching the Gates vs McGahee battle. It's heating up. Willis has a serious challenge on his hands. Let's see if he can/will respond.