Imaginary weapons: A journey through the

I will add a typed statement later, for now here's a 2 links, on what the defense department has funded for weapons that the human mind can conjure, and the lack of scientific review to discredit and deny funding to these Sci- fi weapons that have cost taxpayers $ without any credible results..Another form of welfare without restraint..

http://imaginaryweapons.net/

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/002495.html

There's some funny stuff there and its easy to make fun of the Pentagon for funding this stuff. But like R&D in the private sector there are bound to be more bad ideas and total screwups than monumental breakthrus like ballistic missles, unmanned aircraft, and nuclear propulsion

There's some funny stuff there and its easy to make fun of the Pentagon for funding this stuff.  But like R&D in the private sector there are bound to be more bad ideas and total screwups than monumental breakthrus like ballistic missles, unmanned aircraft, and nuclear propulsion

742597[/snapback]

I realize that, I wanted to bring potentiall waste in other gov't forms besides social programs....lib or con = taxpayers funding all the programs the gov't comes up with....I believe fiscal restraint is necessary in all expenditures to reign in the budget and debt....Doesn't mean I'm pro lib or pro con, just searching for a middle ground that we might all agree that fiscal restraint covers the spectrum in goverment programs.....Believe this, I am pro defense and pro social programs with fiscal oversight and restraint....Nasa is a goverment program that has brought marvelous technologies and insight into the cosmos, but there is waste.

Social Welfare did the same, but there is waste and dire consequeces to human lazinees and greed..At the same time it helps humanity when they are in need.

Duel edged sword arguments and I'm trying to find a sheath to progress in the discussion without slaying one political faction over another...Hippie centrist in a blue collar job posting on ppp...There are some smart cats in this forum and their insight is informative..And the shots across the bow are entertaining in the thread process.....I'm totaly serial with acid drops that color my world in psychadelics ;)