Willis McGahee.

If we can, for a second, go away from which of our Quarterbacks sucks the most, I think its time the Bills get back into the RB market. My fantasy draft is tomorrow, and it being 14 teams, and us all being from Buffalo, I'm sure he'll go in the first round. Also, in the draft guide I have, he is slated to go as the last player in the first round.

How does this make an sense? The guy has made it this long on his reputation from college alone. He has been nothing but average, if that. He never breaks a run, and when he does, he gets caught from behind.

Maybe the A-train is the answer.... ;):D

If we can, for a second, go away from which of our Quarterbacks sucks the most, I think its time the Bills get back into the RB market. My fantasy draft is tomorrow, and it being 14 teams, and us all being from Buffalo, I'm sure he'll go in the first round. Also, in the draft guide I have, he is slated to go as the last player in the first round.

How does this make an sense? The guy has made it this long on his reputation from college alone. He has been nothing but average, if that. He never breaks a run, and when he does, he gets caught from behind.

Maybe the A-train is the answer....  ;)  :D

742303[/snapback]

Kind of like a modern day BOZ! <_<

McGahee was a fantasy stud when he played 2 years ago in place of Henry and a solid starter for the first half of last year

he is a starting RB which means he is valuable in the fantasy football world

From what I have heard, from a few people who have been out to training camp, both this year, and last, McGahee looks more energetic (or motivated?) than he did last year...for what that is worth....

I don't think you can fairly assess McGahees performance of 2005 without factoring the odd play calling and substitutions that went on last season under Mularkey and Clements. I don't think the new coaching staff will try to be anywhere quite as cute and clever in this area, and McGahee will actually have the kind of year where he will be able to actually be a bigger part of the offense...I don't think we will see him yanked on third down, at the goal line, etc etc...plus, it seems this new offense has a much bigger emphasis on throwing passes to the backs coming out of the backfield...I think McGahee will surprise some, he can catch.

I am in a twelve man leauge...if I pick late in the first round (we don't find out until draft day!), I would never rule out taking McGahee, assuming the obvious guys are gone...I think McGahee should be the least of Bills fans worries...

Wow, it's one freakin game in to the PRESEASON.

People can suck it, he's trying but you have a bunch of fat asses who don't know their blocking schemes out there who I'll say even Clinton Portis couldn't run behind (LT, he might...).

If this happens in Gilette Stadium? Then you can talk.

McGahee was a stud in 2004 and rushed for 1100 yards.

McGahee ran for over 1200 yards in 2005 and was a bust.

Whats the difference?

Willis scored 13 TDs in 2004 and 5 in 2005.

So, the question to be addreessed is this.

-Why did willis only score 5 TDs in 2005, and 13 in 2004? Which year was the normal year and which year was the abberation?

The O-Line CANT be worse this year. It just cant be.

Mularkey is gone.

Willis is lighter and faster.

All things running in his favor. In a 14 team league, unless you have some crazy scoring rules, McGahee should be a 1st round pick.

Whats the difference?

-Why did willis only score 5 TDs in 2005, and 13 in 2004?  Which year was the normal year and which year was the abberation?

The O-Line CANT be worse this year.  It just cant be. 

Mularkey is gone.

All things running in his favor.  In a 14 team league, unless you have some crazy scoring rules, McGahee should be a 1st round pick.

742412[/snapback]

Willis will have a big year. Everythng is in place for it to happen. Just wait and see.

Actually McGahee could be a great fantasy football pick.

Most people drive through training camp and the first four weeks of the season looking through the rear-view mirror of last season's stats. Willis has a few good things going for him and a few things against him. He's in better shape, working toward that money year, has a retooled OL and a no-nonsense coaching staff that will put their foot in the asses of whaterver fat lumps need it as often as necessary. The bad things are the OL will take a bit of time to gel, he and the rest of the team are learning a new system, his QB isn't yet a threat enough to make the safeties drop out of the box, and of course, he comes from the U.

Don't draft him now, but try to trade or pick him up between weeks 4 and 5. The first quarter of next season will be slow going, but he'll gain traction after that. Of course, he could have a monster game in week 3, but as it'll come at the expense of the lowly J-E-S-T-S it'll be a devalued accomplishment that will probably be unappreciated - kinda like reaching for a safety at #8.

Whats the difference?

-Why did willis only score 5 TDs in 2005, and 13 in 2004?  Which year was the normal year and which year was the abberation?

The O-Line CANT be worse this year.  It just cant be. 

Mularkey is gone.

All things running in his favor.  In a 14 team league, unless you have some crazy scoring rules, McGahee should be a 1st round pick.

742412[/snapback]

The difference is that he didnt start the entire season in 2004 when he put up those numbers. He started every game last year and started out ok but fell off the second half of the year

BIG DIFFERENCE!

In a 14 team fantasy league you'd be stupid not to consider him at the end of the 1st round, providing the top 10 RB's are gone. He's going to get all the carries for the Bills, so unlike a lot of other guys you don't have to waste a later pick on a handcuff. In the magazine I got he's rated behind Warrick Dunn, Ruben Droughns and Curtis Martin, so I don't consider that overrated. Maybe the Bills fans he is, but that's true for any team's fans.