Just saw the ESPN highlights....

ajzepp

Of course they didn't show anything positive about the Bills, but I did notice a couple of things about that first Panthers drive: First of all, the pass to K. Colbert along the sidelines was WAY underthrown, and Colbert had to make a serious adjustment to come back for it. Second, if you watch the TD pass to Carter in the endzone, it had to be absolutely PERFECT. We had double coverage on Carter, and we also had a linebacker come w/in inches of tipping/intercepting the pass (couldn't tell who it was, but I think it was Crowell). Those of you who saw the entire game can tell me if I'm wrong, but just lookign at the stats I don't think our defense played all that badly at all.

On a side note, while I want JP to succeed as much as anyone, it's also nice to know that we still have Nall as an option. It will be interesting to see how well he does now that he's about ready to come back from injury. I have seen enough of Holcomb, but hopefully either JP or Nall will be the solution for us.

The pass was deflected by Crowell. And the defense looked absolutely terrible. It is a good thing the Panthers tried to run up pthe middle after the 1st teamers went out or it would have been much worse.

Donte Whitner may turn out ok, but he got friggin BURNED last night...

The pass was deflected by Crowell. And the defense looked absolutely terrible. It is a good thing the Panthers tried to run up pthe middle after the 1st teamers went out or it would have been much worse.

742224[/snapback]

I'm sure Donte has the playbook down at this point.

742224[/snapback]

On that first drive the Panthers moved it all thru the air. If this was a regular season game we would have no doubt adjusted to their short throws by stepping our DB's up so that is off little concern to me as it could be fixed by adjustments. The run D on the other hand doesn't have that option as it must get the job done. The run D was pretty good throughout much of the game. Even the first 2 positive runs Foster had he was forced to shuffle and make something out of nothing as the play was stuffed as designed. With their starting OL, Kyle Williams on succesive plays stuffed them on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1. It seems that DT might actually be a strength on this D along with LB.