The Positives out of tonights game....

I can name a bunch of things that went bad this game and that looked terrible but I decided to create a thread based on the postitives I saw tonight.

Lindell looked good hitting two long ones.

Lionel Gates showed strong and will probably be Willis' backup.

Sam Aiken looked pretty good. He was wide open for a bomb Losman hit him on and he was getting open and running crisp routes all night. Also maintained his special teams reputation. I think we all wanted someone else to take his job away but he looked decent.

I was impressed with Matt Bowen. Before he got hurt he was all over the field. He did get scored on with Delhommes TD pass.

Run D looked strong overall.

Jabari Greer looked pretty good. They kept trying to run WR screen's right at him and he kept answering with quick hits for no gain.

Whitner got alot of reps and will only grow from the experience.

Kyle Williams looked strong against the Panthers starters. This guy is going to be a fan favorite.

Starting OL looked better as the game wore on (of course against lesser competition). Peters was way overmatched with Pepper's but who isn't? They should have given him more help.

Keith Ellison was flying all over the field. This guy has some wheels.

Josh Reed only dropped one ball. :D

Ricard has some decent hands. Once he learns the blitz pick ups he can be a contributor.

Losman looked rough at times but also showed flashes of taking this job and making it his. Some of his passes were rockets!

Panthers star rookie Williams never got in a groove and was handled pretty well.

Parrish is going to be fun to watch this year. He didn't get alot of opportunities this game but he is gonna make you stand up out of your seat whenever he touches the ball.

I know it's only the first pre season game....& Defense gells quicker than Offense.....& we were playing against second & third stringers etc but....

When you look at the Carolina Drive charts, it is certainly a possitive.

Touchdown

Punt <_<

Punt :ph34r:

Punt :D

Punt :)

Fumble :D

Fumble ;)

No serious injuries?  What happened to Bowen?  They showed him being carted off the field on the NFL channel...

I hope it's nothing serious!

742031[/snapback]

He was X-rayed in the locker room and the broadcast here in Buffalo reports no bone break.

However, there was no impact offered on if a soft tissue injury to the lower leg will cost him any time.