My Theory

Stussy109

Is the QB competition set up to be scripted for JP to win it? I think so. Lets start Kelly against the leagues top 3 Defense last year. Throw him into the fire, hope he looks okay but not great. Lets put in JP for extra time against carolina's 2nd string, let him get in rythm and shine. Start JP next week againt a weaker defense. Annoint JP the winner of the QB battle. All is well.

I think DJ and ML have their fingers crossed hoping JP shines

Is the QB competition set up to be scripted for JP to win it?  I think so.  Lets start Kelly against the leagues top 3 Defense last year.  Throw him into the fire, hope he looks okay but not great.  Lets put in JP for extra time against carolina's 2nd string, let him get in rythm and shine.  Start JP next week againt a weaker defense.  Annoint JP the winner of the QB battle.  All is well.

I think DJ and ML have their fingers crossed hoping JP shines

741348[/snapback]

I agree.

I disagree. If KH is the star QB so many seem to think, then he deserves the right to have the first crack at going out and strutting his stuff in the limelight. If he isn't QB enough to get the job done then it'll be time to get all the veterans on the team to rally together around him each getting a big bowl of chili and several beers.

It's too soon to end the Kelly Holcomb experiment before we give him as much time as Bledsoe had.

Everyone should feel great about KH starting. He has such upside potential. He should set several NFL records this year and next.

I think DJ and ML care less about winning than in developing Kelly Holcomb into the NFL star that he is destined to be. So, if and when the losses begin to mount up when the season starts at least the media and fans will know we're developing the QB of the future - Kelly Holcomb. It'll be a character-building experience for all. No doubt.

It won't suprise me if KH starts the regular season. That way if and when the Bills offense struggles, the fans will call for JP to start, and he won't be under as much pressure as if he started the season. And if KH does well and they win, then all the better.

The trooth is simply this...

You've got to play and produce no matter who they put in front of you... and when. What difference would it make if JP started? The JP disciples with a thought process as yours would say JP got screwed by having to go against a stout Carolin D and Holcomb got a free pass play the Bengals.

Holcomb's an 8 year vet... JP's a 3rd year QB. So what's not fair?

Let's stop cottling players.... this is the NFL... either they're professional football players or they're not. If they are starter material, they'll step up to the plate no matter what.

Just look at preseason stats. Teams play vanilla defense. There is no excuse for the "mop up" QB not to have great stats and tonight it will be JP. Last night, Alex Smith, Gradkowski, Cutler, and some no name for the Pats all racked up nice games. JP had better show something very good in this preseason and it starts tonight.

Just look at preseason stats.  Teams play vanilla defense.  There is no excuse for the "mop up" QB not to have great stats and tonight it will be JP.  Last night,  Alex Smith, Gradkowski, Cutler, and some no name for the Pats all racked up nice games.  JP had better show something very good in this preseason and it starts tonight.

741390[/snapback]

Amen. Time for him to light it up.

The trooth is simply this...

You've got to play and produce no matter who they put in front of you... and when.  What difference would it make if JP started?  The JP disciples with a thought process as yours would say JP got screwed by having to go against a stout Carolin D and Holcomb got a free pass play the Bengals.

Holcomb's an 8 year vet... JP's a 3rd year QB.  So what's not fair?

Let's stop cottling players.... this is the NFL... either they're professional football players or they're not.  If they are starter material, they'll step up to the plate no matter what.

741387[/snapback]

The real trooth is that they want JP to be a good quarterback and win the job. Winning it will give him confidence. I think they are crossing their fingers. The signing of Noll tells me they just want to be safe and have another guy in there who can maybe be the future. I understand I really didn't say anything important here but I was just told my friends are running 20 minutes late and I have time to kill, so what the heck? :doh: