Matthew Rice

Griff28

On the other hand, I really was impressed with Shaun King last night.

Completely forgot he was out of the league for a year, and while (yes) he was playing vs. scrubs, he flat out played his ass off last night. He made two critical passes for first downs when he KNEW he was going to get leveled, but he stood tall in the pocket and delivered the throws. He ran for another first down and, in the process, took out a linebacker, head to head and put him on his back.

I'm not saying he's a good or great quarterback. It was just nice to see him come back, maybe a bit humbled, and play some solid ball for Dungy. Not that I really care because no one ever gets a hard hit on Manning anyway, but I suspect he'll beat our Sorgi for the second spot. Sorgi reminded me of Billy Joe Hobert coming off the bench.

or Constantin Ritzmann, or Grant Irons...etc.

740674[/snapback]

I don't know where Irons sits on the Raider depth chart (and I'm too lazy to check) but he made some plays for them in the HOF game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play when the games are real.

Cut by Buffalo before camp started, DE Matthew Rice (Penn St.) has been a second half terror and has sacked Shaun King 3 times so far in tonight's St. Louis/Indianapolis pre-season game.

740456[/snapback]

1st preseason game 2nd half terror = Some nice memories to recall from your cup of coffee stop in the NFL.