New Jersey is No 1 !!!!!

GG

OMG!!

Susan Horowitz and her husband just marked their 30th year in Montgomery, but they are unsure how long they will be staying. Both are retired teachers who have watched their property taxes nearly double since 2000 to about $12,500 per year.

Go Government!! B-)

BTW, nice Irish name. :D

Not that it really matters... I wonder how much the houses are worth vs. the amount of taxes they are paying... ie: property value

I am assuming that skyrocketed too???

741254[/snapback]

And what does the value of the house have to do with the services you get from the town? Did services improve by 50% since 2000?

And what does the value of the house have to do with the services you get from the town?  Did services improve by 50% since 2000?

742660[/snapback]

Could have... Not sure. New infrastructure cost a lot. Finally upgrading and maintaining aging infrastructure does too.

Wages and health for the workers go up too...

Not trying to justify because that would go against the hang 'em high mentality.

If you are making killing on your house value... Something has to be going on in the town... ie: It is becoming a nicer, maybe a more gentrified area... Or either businesses are leaving and the homeowners are left with the slack to pick the cost of the established infrastructure (but, lets not think of that later case... ;):) )

50% sure sounds like a hell of a lot. Put that in the context of rising health costs and that 50% doesn't sound so bad. It is just easy to pick on... It must be waste!!

Why am I not surprised?

It's truly amazing what a state can get away with when it sucks off NYC's teet.

740213[/snapback]

Bro, can you believe this? Granted, her picture serves to prove how hard it must have been to find a "live-in boyfriend," but it is hard to believe that she felt comfortable enough to go to a checkpoint and actually intercede.

Bro, can you believe this? Granted, her picture serves to prove how hard it must have been to find a "live-in boyfriend," but it is hard to believe that she felt comfortable enough to go to a checkpoint and actually intercede.

743971[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard about that a few weeks ago.

But honestly, I was a lot more miffed at this item

Traffic troubles are nothing new for Farber, 61, or Goore, 65.

Farber's own spotty driving record was enough to prompt former Gov. James McGreevey to drop her as a potential nominee to the state Supreme Court in 2003. She has had 12 speeding tickets, four bench warrants issued for her arrest and three license suspensions.

Goore, also an attorney, has had 10 license suspensions, three accidents, four speeding tickets and two other moving violations in 25 years.

than I was at her showing up at the scene of the boyfriend's traffic stop. You would at least hope that the officials obey the laws they are sworn to uphold.

Good thing the NY attorney general is a fully upstanding citizen :blush:

Yeah, I heard about that a few weeks ago.

But honestly, I was a lot more miffed at this item

Traffic troubles are nothing new for Farber, 61, or Goore, 65.

than I was at her showing up at the scene of the boyfriend's traffic stop.  You would at least hope that the officials obey the laws they are sworn to uphold.

Good thing the NY attorney general is a fully upstanding citizen  :blush:

744192[/snapback]

Please.....if you thought that my intent was to imply that NY is squeaky clean, accept my apology for a poorly constructed post. :blush:

As far as those numbers go (tickets, suspensions, etc.), can you imagine how many times she was stopped and let go in order to pile up that amount of violations? Remember of course that it would be quite prudent for a police officer to not bang out a summons to the State AG, unless of course you are watching her do this stuff every day, and her behavior becomes well known.

Even then the officer would be taking a risk.

Odd stuff GG.

Please.....if you thought that my intent was to imply that NY is squeaky clean, accept my apology for a poorly constructed post.  :rolleyes:

Oh no, just a throw away line about misty elliott

As far as those numbers go (tickets, suspensions, etc.), can you imagine how many times she was stopped and let go in order to pile up that amount of violations? Remember of course that it would be quite prudent for a police officer to not bang out a summons to the State AG, unless of course you are watching her do this stuff every day, and her behavior becomes well known.

Even then the officer would be taking a risk.

Odd stuff GG.

744309[/snapback]

Then again, is a state where troopers were used as personal drivers to cart the governor to late night pick up joints on the turnpike, having a AG piling up driving violations is probably not a big deal.

Then again, is a state where troopers were used as personal drivers to cart the governor to late night pick up joints on the turnpike, having a AG piling up driving violations is probably not a big deal.

744414[/snapback]

Pick-up joints on the turnpike? I suppose you mean rest areas? :rolleyes: