Flying Today

plenzmd1

If you aren't crazy about flying today and you're willing to fly later, why not go to the airport and get bumped and pick up a voucher towards a future ticket? If there have been cancellations they will be looking for people to give up their seats and will be giving out decent compensation because they are so overbooked. Just a thought.

My college roommate lived across the country and when he would go home for a break at peak traveling times he would always budget extra time to get home so that he could get bumped and pick up free flights for the future - worked like a charm. One Christmas he got bumped 3 times and picked up 3 round trip tickets.

739961[/snapback]

I am actually hoping for just the opposite. I booked this at last minute, and need to be in Richmond in the afternoon for some meetings, so booked on the red eye tonight. Problem is booked so late, forget first, they didn't even have the preferred seating they save ( like exit rows) for gold members.

So's I in like row 30, middle seat, red eye, getting of the plane, getting quick shower, and off to appointments. Sos i'm hoping maybe lots of people beg off the plane, and miracle of miracle i get first, or the very least an exit row, and barring that an aisle seat.

Im in San Fran scheduled to fly back to Richmond today. Dam, one side of me says prolly as safe as it is ever gunna be getting on flight, other side says chit, between security and my constant thought of when is the friigen nitro going off, maybe I wait till tomorrow.

What yall think

Least i wasn't flying from Heathrow!!!!!!!!

739894[/snapback]

They typically attack on the 11th day as it is a number with a great deal of significance for them. Today is the 10th, which is probably why the Brits decided to bring them down instead of waiting. So to answer your question, I would MUCH rather fly today than tomorrow, the 11th.

No.  But I wouldn't feel unsafe doing so if I'd planned to.  I'd just be really frustrated having to be there four hours early to get through security.

740003[/snapback]

Just wondering where you were getting the inside dope from on the conditions.

No.  But I wouldn't feel unsafe doing so if I'd planned to.  I'd just be really frustrated having to be there four hours early to get through security.

740003[/snapback]

One of the nice things about beginning trips from a small airport. Sure, it costs a little more as a direct flight is rare, but I've never had to arrive earlier then 45 minutes before my flight.

One of the nice things about beginning trips from a small airport. Sure, it costs a little more as a direct flight is rare, but I've never had to arrive earlier then 45 minutes before my flight.

740025[/snapback]

Ontario Airport here in SoCal is a well-kept secret.

Well fellas, just got in my 15hr journey from hell. Security was no issue, but the ATL being shut down for three hrs last night was not a good thing to happen when your flying Delta.

FWIW, some dolt lady in front of me still had two bottles of water at 9.00pm west coast time. Guess people still do live in caves.

FWIW, some dolt lady in front of me still had two bottles of water at 9.00pm west coast time. Guess people still do live in caves.

740792[/snapback]

I asked my wife if she heard anything about it when she got home from work last night (~10:30pm) and she hadn't because she'd been working all day. Not everyone reads the internet or listens to (non-XM...) radio. B-) (although I was rather surprised that none of her co-workers were talking about it either... But oh well).