Flying Today

plenzmd1

Im in San Fran scheduled to fly back to Richmond today. Dam, one side of me says prolly as safe as it is ever gunna be getting on flight, other side says chit, between security and my constant thought of when is the friigen nitro going off, maybe I wait till tomorrow.

What yall think

Least i wasn't flying from Heathrow!!!!!!!!

I'd fly and wouldn't worry about it. Why would tomorrow be any safer than today?

The airports will be a zoo, but that'll probably be around for awhile now. Bring a good book (but apparantly not an mp3 player - unless that's only in London?) and try to relax as much as possible. :rolleyes:

CW

Im in San Fran scheduled to fly back to Richmond today. Dam, one side of me says prolly as safe as it is ever gunna be getting on flight, other side says chit, between security and my constant thought of when is the friigen nitro going off, maybe I wait till tomorrow.

What yall think

739894[/snapback]

You'll have to put any electronic gizmos in checked luggage. - pc's, iPods, cell phones.

And leave your eyeliner and nail polish - they're liquids. :rolleyes:

I'd fly and wouldn't worry about it.  Why would tomorrow be any safer than today?

The airports will be a zoo, but that'll probably be around for awhile now.  Bring a good book (but apparantly not an mp3 player - unless that's only in London?) and try to relax as much as possible. :rolleyes:

CW

739898[/snapback]

UK not allowing ANY carryons. Even things like key fobs cannot go on let alone laptops and cell phones. What a friggen mess

What yall think

739894[/snapback]

Ship all your tolietries home Fed-Ex. At the airports around here, they're confiscating all liquids and gels: toothpaste, hair spray, shaving cream, deodorant...you can't even bring a glass of water through security.

Which is overkill, I think...but beside the point: if you take that through on your carry-on, it'll be confiscated.

Other than that...flying's fine today. A pain in the ass, because security's taking that much longer. But if anything blows up in mid-air today, I'll eat this keyboard...

You'll have to put any electronic gizmos in checked luggage. - pc's,  iPods, cell phones.

739901[/snapback]

That's going to open up some sticky situations I think. Are the airlines going to start taking on more responsibility for checked luggage? The baggage handlers are going to know that the chances of some good bounty in luggage is much higher now. How easy would it be to open the suitcase and grab what you want - especially since most people can't/don't lock their suitcases anymore!

CW

That's going to open up some sticky situations I think.  Are the airlines going to start taking on more responsibility for checked luggage?  The baggage handlers are going to know that the chances of some good bounty in luggage is much higher now.  How easy would it be to open the suitcase and grab what you want - especially since most people can't/don't lock their suitcases anymore!

CW

739905[/snapback]

US not there yet according to Matt Lauer, only UK, and he could never be wrong could he?

I understand that even if you're inside the sterile area, and you buy something to drink, you have to finish it before you board your flight.

Next thing will be sealing the lavs to take away the unobserved location where somebody could mix liquids ala bomb prep.

When will this country, and the rest of the world, wake up and start profiling? :rolleyes:

wait a minute...i thought it was only in enland they werent allowing electronics as carry-ons? I'm flying tomorrow, and realize i hafta check all my toiletries and such, but i hafta check my electronics too? I thought they were still good as carry-ons for domestic travel?

That's right. No saliva, either.  The return of the Spitoon!

739923[/snapback]

Then there's all that blood in the human body. Have to get rid of that too.

Oh, and what percentage of the human body is water?

If you aren't crazy about flying today and you're willing to fly later, why not go to the airport and get bumped and pick up a voucher towards a future ticket? If there have been cancellations they will be looking for people to give up their seats and will be giving out decent compensation because they are so overbooked. Just a thought.

My college roommate lived across the country and when he would go home for a break at peak traveling times he would always budget extra time to get home so that he could get bumped and pick up free flights for the future - worked like a charm. One Christmas he got bumped 3 times and picked up 3 round trip tickets.