Britian Foils Terror Plot

Wacka

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A serious threat against Wall Street a couple years ago, for one. 

Of course, when it was reported it was dismissed as fear-mongering, because it never happened.  :rolleyes:  You just can't win: either you stop attacks and people think you're making up the threat because it never happened, or you don't stop attacks, and people think you're incompetent for not being aware of the real threat.  It basically reduces to: people are !@#$ing stupid.

740057[/snapback]

It's enough to want to hang yourself.

You know, if we just quit supporting Israel and change our foreign policies toward islamic countries, quit our decadent lifestyles, quit drawing cartoons of mohammed, and quit "breathing while infidel" - then maybe, just maybe, they'll quit hating us and trying to kill us.  :rolleyes:

739843[/snapback]

Yeah, because thats what he said. I suggest you re-read his post.

A serious threat against Wall Street a couple years ago, for one.

Of course, when it was reported it was dismissed as fear-mongering, because it never happened. rolleyes.gif You just can't win: either you stop attacks and people think you're making up the threat because it never happened, or you don't stop attacks, and people think you're incompetent for not being aware of the real threat. It basically reduces to: people are !@#$ing stupid.

Thankfully, since politicians want to get re-elected, they still have some incentive to stop it. :doh:

Thankfully, since politicians want to get re-elected, they still have some incentive to stop it.  :rolleyes:

740135[/snapback]

Actually, I think you are overestimating their incentive to stop it due to the fact that if they solve the problem, they can no longer use it as a campaign issue. That is evident in practically everything they do.

And still somehow, George W. Bush will be blamed for all of this.

Imagine. When he's out of the White House in 2009, everything will be peaches and cream, and the terrorists will simply give up and learn to live in peace.

As I said, it's all Bush's fault. Or Cindy Sheehan and her ilk will have you believe.

Mike

Actually, I think you are overestimating their incentive to stop it due to the fact that if they solve the problem, they can no longer use it as a campaign issue. That is evident in practically everything they do.

740139[/snapback]

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you.

I don't think I made myself clear in my last post, I meant that they have incentive to stop individual terrorist acts (and publicize them) since 9/11, as everyone wants to be the politician who stops it from occuring again.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you.

I don't think I made myself clear in my last post, I meant that they have incentive to stop individual terrorist acts (and publicize them) since 9/11, as everyone wants to be the politician who stops it from occuring again.

740148[/snapback]

Strangely, they (the administration) don't seem to have much incentive to publicize them. I used to discuss this with BiB quite frequently, and as an insider he agreed: the administration sucks at marketing, and has needed to learn to communicate better to the public what's going on. It nearly bit them in the ass last election, when Kerry was briefed on current national security initiatives, then came out during the campaign and said "When I'm president, I'll do yada yada yada...", and could get away with it because the administration hadn't bothered to share the existence of "yada yada yada" with the American public yet.

The administration doesn't seem to realize that the GWOT is a war of perception...and the general perception of them is sh--.

Strangely, they (the administration) don't seem to have much incentive to publicize them.  I used to discuss this with BiB quite frequently, and as an insider he agreed: the administration sucks at marketing, and has needed to learn to communicate better to the public what's going on.  It nearly bit them in the ass last election, when Kerry was briefed on current national security initiatives, then came out during the campaign and said "When I'm president, I'll do yada yada yada...", and could get away with it because the administration hadn't bothered to share the existence of "yada yada yada" with the American public yet. 

The administration doesn't seem to realize that the GWOT is a war of perception...and the general perception of them is sh--.

740169[/snapback]

Indeed.

Strangely, they (the administration) don't seem to have much incentive to publicize them.  I used to discuss this with BiB quite frequently, and as an insider he agreed: the administration sucks at marketing, and has needed to learn to communicate better to the public what's going on.  It nearly bit them in the ass last election, when Kerry was briefed on current national security initiatives, then came out during the campaign and said "When I'm president, I'll do yada yada yada...", and could get away with it because the administration hadn't bothered to share the existence of "yada yada yada" with the American public yet. 

740169[/snapback]

They seem to feel that if any of the information got out on how they stopped it, it would make things more difficult to gain victories in the future. If they mention anything, then they will be pressured to release ALL of the details or the Dems and the press will cry foul. The whiners will claim that they are hiding important information from the public, simply because they feel the public is stupid enough to believe it. Therefore, the administration hides everything, bringing out the whiners saying that the administration is hiding important information from the public. :rolleyes:

They seem to feel that if any of the information got out on how they stopped it, it would make things more difficult to gain victories in the future. If they mention anything, then they will be pressured to release ALL of the details or the Dems and the press will cry foul. The whiners will claim that they are hiding important information from the public, simply because they feel the public is stupid enough to believe it. Therefore, the administration hides everything, bringing out the whiners saying that the administration is hiding important information from the public.  :rolleyes:

740181[/snapback]

the problem is, the people receiving the information aren't smart enough to process it.

it's much too difficult for some people to understand that politics is more a game of a chess than a rambo movie.