Britian Foils Terror Plot

Wacka

:rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, what's your point? That Arab countries aren't culpable for producing the conditions by which anti-Semite terrorists thrive?

739885[/snapback]

What's your point? That the Brits aren't responsible for producing the conditions by which anti-American terrorists can operate in their own country?

(I'm just trying the kooky-liberal talking points on for size today. They're itchy.)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allies?  All these terrorists just arrested were British.  But Bush will end up blaming al Qaeda to protect his crony Tony Blair, just like he protected the Saudis after 9/11...

739857[/snapback]

The Jihad Johnies that were caught after the bombings on 7/11 said the considered themselves Muslim, not British.

Interesting Point: How does going after terrorists who claim to do it in the name of Islam be perceived by the majority of Muslims worldwide as "War against Islam"??

That would be like saying the US is at war with Christians because they went after abortion clinic bombers.

What's your point?  That the Brits aren't responsible for producing the conditions by which anti-American terrorists can operate in their own country?

(I'm just trying the kooky-liberal talking points on for size today.  They're itchy.)

739889[/snapback]

heh

interesting experiment. Thought i'd drank too much last night and was contending with the DTs.

heh

interesting experiment. Thought i'd drank too much last night and was contending with the DTs.

739891[/snapback]

Well...my point, too, was to disparage the "Saudi Arabia's responsibile for 9/11 because 12 of the hijackers were Saudi" nonsense with a reducto ad BF argument.

Unfortunately, in these ridiculously ignorant times we live in, people would sooner believe my reducto ad BF argument than they would question the Saudi argument...once again dashing my hopes for the future on the rocks of an ignorant populace.

You know, if we just quit supporting Israel and change our foreign policies toward islamic countries, quit our decadent lifestyles, quit drawing cartoons of mohammed, and quit "breathing while infidel" - then maybe, just maybe, they'll quit hating us and trying to kill us.  :rolleyes:

739843[/snapback]

Way to miss the point as usual.

Well I'm glad somebody was doing their job and hopefully completely broke this thing up. I also hope that its not just BS to boost Bush and Blair in the polls (I think the past 5 years have given us ample reason to be skeptical of these kind of reports).

Also, please, enough of the stupid French bashing. It reminds me of political discussions I had when I was 12 and didn't know sh*t.

It may be hard for you to follow logical progression, but think of the situation in 1982. 

US stays in Lebanon and ensures that Lebanese government is solidly in place and helps build its own defenses and Arafat is not given a free pass to Tunisia.  Under that context, it would have been much harder for Syria to set up shop in Lebanon, nor would there have been a reason for Israel to stay in Lebanon for 18 years.  With a stable Lebanon in the north and no Arafat, there's a higher chance that Israel would have had a deal with the Palestinians.

739841[/snapback]

I never said I disagreed, I was just pointing out that it's unusual to hear Republicans blame the patron saint of conservatives for enabling terrorism.

Funny how you equate disagreeing with policies with hate. 

Disagreeing is one thing. You have taken things to a whole new level, which is bordering on a real sickness. Seek help.

The simplistic view of issues that perpetuates the divisions in our country.

739916[/snapback]

Agreed, so stop it.

"That's just spin. Twelve of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi, people called for invading Saudi Arabia. But 20+ of today's wanna-be bombers are British...and the limeys get a !@#$ing pass? bull sh--.

For that matter, some of the 9/11 money went through a UAE bank. I'm sure most of the wanna-be bombers' money went through British banks. We should make sure that no British companies are doing business on US shores, because clearly the !@#$ing limey ***** are no better than damn sand !@#$s..."

Invade the UK now!!!! :rolleyes:

Pah, they were all Norsemen who grabbed Normandy and then realised they had ended up with some crappy real estate and went for somewhere better instead.....  :lol:  :doh:

739955[/snapback]

I did not know Plantagenet was a norse name.... :rolleyes:

and how come all those norsemen brought so many french names in the english language? beef, pork, vegetables,dessert, prunes and pears for dinner ?

The New York Times has just filed suit, against the British and American Governments.

The basis for the suit is that they didn't get the leak from them two weeks ago, so that they could have warned the terrorists.

However, The NYT did announce that they've just appointed a Hezbollah guerilla to its editorial board.

:rolleyes:

The New York Times has just filed suit, against the British and American Governments.

The basis for the suit is that they didn't get the leak from them two weeks ago, so that they could have warned the terrorists.

However, The NYT did announce that they've just appointed a Hezbollah guerilla to its editorial board.

:doh:

739959[/snapback]

Boooooo. :rolleyes:

I did not know Plantagenet was a norse name....  :rolleyes:

and how come all those norsemen brought so many french names in the english language?  surrender, retreat, withdraw, run away,  give up?

739958[/snapback]

Fixed it for you