Britian Foils Terror Plot

Wacka

Before going to bed (I'm on the west coast) I flipped through CNN and Fox. Just heard that Britain foiled a terror plot and have arrested at least 20 islamofascist terrorists. They were planning on bringing explosives in carry on luggage. At least 20 flights to the US were targeted to be blown up in midair. England has banned carry on luggage. The pictures at the BMI check in at Heathrow show the concourse to be totally packed. The board is showing tons of cancelled flights.

Fox is showing Sky News (Their English counterpart) right now. Only wallets, no purses, no carry ons, medicine, only in clear bags. They said that baby bottles will have to be tasted.

They said it was liquid chemical devices. US Homeland security said no liquids on carry ons, including beverages.

Anybody who thinks we are not in the beginning of WWIII, is an idiot.

These islamofascists will not stop until they are eradicated, like we did with the Nazis and the Japanese.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who thinks we are not in the beginning of WWIII, is an idiot.

These islamofascists  will not stop until they are eradicated, like we did with the Nazis and the Japanese.

739719[/snapback]

I'm sort of sick of seeing these comparisons. This is a completely different era than WWII, where the Nazis and Japanese, above all, were concerned with power -- not consumed with religious fervor. Say we drop a bomb. Then what? You think the armies of jihad are going to say "whoah, we surrender," or find themselves galvanized even more than they are against a common enemy, as has been the case with every large-scale attack we've made on them? Our covert operations and intelligence work, and yes, police work, are going to serve us better than firepower and wide-scale public destruction.

The latter is only going to convince more Muslims that there's nothing worth living for, and that it's worth it to sacrifice life to hurt their enemies. We need to shift the focus once and for all away from us and toward the leadership (or lack thereof) within the ME that is responsible for a dearth of progress in terms of quality of life and human rights. The only way to do that is to stop being the lightning rod -- to stop supporting repressive regimes with wild oil consumption, and to stop making the ME our business. We are making things worse for democracy and for progressive minds in the ME with every militarily aggressive move we make (and support, in the case of Israel) there.

Good on the UK.

Thanks to our one TRUE ally in this world. Had the terrorists been smart, they'd have tried to originate this plot in FRANCE.

739741[/snapback]

Well JSP the last ones that have tried to do this in France have all be killed by the GIGN elite corps in Marseille... You can say whatever you want about French politics and have fun of us in lot of fields but the quality of our anti-terrorists police, special forces and secret services is a fact.

Well JSP the last ones that have tried to do this in France have all be killed by the GIGN elite corps in Marseille... You can say whatever you want about French politics and have fun of us in lot of fields  but the quality of our anti-terrorists police, special forces and secret services is a fact.

739749[/snapback]

Good thing terrorists generally ain't German. :lol:

Good thing terrorists generally ain't German.  :lol:

739761[/snapback]

yeah probably!

there's probably something here... to beat the French you got to be well organised and disciplined ... if you're a little messy, "snaky", disorganised, all for yourself and god for all , "stab in the back" style you got no chance! we're the world class in those fields! Those terrorists have no chance vs us! we have invented their methods!

Good on the UK.

Thanks to our one TRUE ally in this world. Had the terrorists been smart, they'd have tried to originate this plot in FRANCE.

739741[/snapback]

Flights from France would generally have more French people on them (I came up with that all on my own, BTW.) They wouldn't want to run the risk of harming their allies.

Given the official press conferences, it appears that the British have been aware of this plot for at least a month, and took this time to take action because it was close to being executed. The plan was to bring inert liquids onto planes which could then be combined into explosive devices. They informed the U.S. at least two weeks ago. Good job by the British.

I'm sure by the end of the day the adminstration and their neo-radical enablers on radio and TV will try to blur the lines and use this as justification for the regional fight in Lebanon and the internal conflict in Iraq, which are not related. "Fight them there instead of here". :rolleyes:

Yesterday I heard both Tony Snow and Ken Mellman (RNC Chairman) blame Ronald Reagan for enabling Osama Bin Laden. They said the pullout from Lebanon in the '80s enabled OBL. That was done by Reagan. I was suprised to hear them de facto criticize Reagan in that way. But I don't think even Reagan would have got us involved in Iraq in the way Bush has.

Yesterday I heard both Tony Snow and Ken Mellman (RNC Chairman) blame Ronald Reagan for enabling Osama Bin Laden.  They said the pullout from Lebanon in the '80s enabled OBL.  That was done by Reagan.  I was suprised to hear them de facto criticize Reagan in that way.  But I don't think even Reagan would have got us involved in Iraq in the way Bush has.

739832[/snapback]

It may be hard for you to follow logical progression, but think of the situation in 1982.

US stays in Lebanon and ensures that Lebanese government is solidly in place and helps build its own defenses and Arafat is not given a free pass to Tunisia. Under that context, it would have been much harder for Syria to set up shop in Lebanon, nor would there have been a reason for Israel to stay in Lebanon for 18 years. With a stable Lebanon in the north and no Arafat, there's a higher chance that Israel would have had a deal with the Palestinians.

The latter is only going to convince more Muslims that there's nothing worth living for, and that it's worth it to sacrifice life to hurt their enemies.  We need to shift the focus once and for all away from us and toward the leadership (or lack thereof) within the ME that is responsible for a dearth of progress in terms of quality of life and human rights.  The only way to do that is to stop being the lightning rod -- to stop supporting repressive regimes with wild oil consumption, and to stop making the ME our business.  We are making things worse for democracy and for progressive minds in the ME with every militarily aggressive move we make (and support, in the case of Israel) there.

739744[/snapback]

You know, if we just quit supporting Israel and change our foreign policies toward islamic countries, quit our decadent lifestyles, quit drawing cartoons of mohammed, and quit "breathing while infidel" - then maybe, just maybe, they'll quit hating us and trying to kill us. :rolleyes:

Sure...they sit on this information for months, then arrest the guys and announce it one day after the administration loses one of its most valuable Democratic allies in the War in Iraq.

There's no threat, this is just mid-term political posturing.

739835[/snapback]

Nice job with the Pasta Joe impersonation. You need more hate, though.

Good on the UK.

739741[/snapback]

Allies? All these terrorists just arrested were British. But Bush will end up blaming al Qaeda to protect his crony Tony Blair, just like he protected the Saudis after 9/11...

Allies?  All these terrorists just arrested were British.  But Bush will end up blaming al Qaeda to protect his crony Tony Blair, just like he protected the Saudis after 9/11...

739857[/snapback]

British is a loose term.

They're Muslim immigrants or second-generational muslims living in Britain.

British is a loose term.

They're Muslim immigrants or second-generational muslims living in Britain.

739866[/snapback]

That's just spin. Twelve of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi, people called for invading Saudi Arabia. But 20+ of today's wanna-be bombers are British...and the limeys get a !@#$ing pass? bull sh--.

For that matter, some of the 9/11 money went through a UAE bank. I'm sure most of the wanna-be bombers' money went through British banks. We should make sure that no British companies are doing business on US shores, because clearly the !@#$ing limey ***** are no better than damn sand !@#$s...

That's just spin.  Twelve of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi, people called for invading Saudi Arabia.  But 20+ of today's wanna-be bombers are British...and the limeys get a !@#$ing pass?  bull sh--.

For that matter, some of the 9/11 money went through a UAE bank.  I'm sure most of the wanna-be bombers' money went through British banks.  We should make sure that no British companies are doing business on US shores, because clearly the !@#$ing limey ***** are no better than damn sand !@#$s...

739871[/snapback]

I'm calling bullschit. I just read that most of the dudes arrested were British citizens of Rancid Pakistani descent who were disguising themselves as Pakistanis living in England.

That's just spin.  Twelve of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi, people called for invading Saudi Arabia.  But 20+ of today's wanna-be bombers are British...and the limeys get a !@#$ing pass?  bull sh--.

For that matter, some of the 9/11 money went through a UAE bank.  I'm sure most of the wanna-be bombers' money went through British banks.  We should make sure that no British companies are doing business on US shores, because clearly the !@#$ing limey ***** are no better than damn sand !@#$s...

739871[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, what's your point? That Arab countries aren't culpable for producing the conditions by which anti-Semite terrorists thrive?