lol @ Reggie Bush

Chilly

ive the guy a break, this is the attitude all players at this level should have

739868[/snapback]

wait, i am confused? its ok for reggie to imply he's the best back in the league, but not for willis? :rolleyes:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never had a beef with wm saying it, i want these guys to feel and say they are the best

740093[/snapback]

I want these guys to STFU and show me they're the best on the field. I'll take Tomlinson any day of the week. He doesn't need to open his mouth and convince everybody how good he is, his play speaks for itself.

wait, i am confused? its ok for reggie to imply he's the best back in the league, but not for willis?  :doh:

740082[/snapback]

Remember, McGahee didn't imply he's the best back. McGahee is "the self-proclaimed best back in the NFL." You probably don't remember cuz you were still in bed at 11:45 a.m. on a Sunday, but Willis called a press conference on the steps that lead into the NFL Hall of Fame in Canton and announced to everyone he was the best back in the NFL.

What happened with Bush is different. Bush was asked a question by a reporter and he just answered the question. That doesn't get headlines, really. :rolleyes:

i never had a beef with wm saying it, i want these guys to feel and say they are the best

740093[/snapback]

Saying you're the best and saying that you have no weaknesses are two different things.

And amen to LT.

And that whole "humility" thing...

739858[/snapback]

Do you want a humble running back? I kind of WANT my RB to think he's great. If you ask ANY starting Rb what his weaknesses are I'll bet that all of them say the same thing and if any of them answer differently they'll say blocking because they don't block ever.

Do you want a humble running back?  I kind of WANT my RB to think he's great.  If you ask ANY starting Rb what his weaknesses are I'll bet that all of them say the same thing and if any of them answer differently they'll say blocking because they don't block ever.

740145[/snapback]

Yeah, I want a player to think that they're pretty damn good myself.

But at NO time do I want a player thinking he has no weaknesses. What the !@#$ is he working on in practice then? At that point he doesn't think he can get any better, and becomes a detriment to himself and the team.

Yeah, I want a player to think that they're pretty damn good myself.

But at NO time do I want a player thinking he has no weaknesses.  What the !@#$ is he working on in practice then?  At that point he doesn't think he can get any better, and becomes a detriment to himself and the team.

740154[/snapback]

It's semantics but there's a difference between having room to improve and having a weakness. A weakness is something you can't do, you can improve something that's already great and still be able to do it today. I'd need to ask Reggie a follow up question or two to get his true feelings re: his ability.

I agree that Bush is a physical talent in the highest eschelon, but even amazing backs can be contained if you devote your resources to them.  What Bush may end up doing is opening up the tight ends and receivers for the Aints.  The only slight on Bush that I can see maybe materializing is he may not be that guy who can get you those 2 tough yards on 3rd and 2

739915[/snapback]

Watch out for Timmy Euhus this year!

Do you want a humble running back?  I kind of WANT my RB to think he's great.  If you ask ANY starting Rb what his weaknesses are I'll bet that all of them say the same thing and if any of them answer differently they'll say blocking because they don't block ever.

740145[/snapback]

I think LT is the best back in the league and will be for the next few years. I have never heard him or heard of him boasting.

I like humble players that let their playing speak for itself.

I think LT is the best back in the league and will be for the next few years.  I have never heard him or heard of him boasting.

I like humble players that let their playing speak for itself.

740513[/snapback]

OK, but have you ever heard him identify a weakness in his own game either? That was the question Bush was asked. It's not like he grabbed the mic and screamed I HAVE NO WEAKNESSES! I AM INFALLIBLE! Somebody asked him a question and he answered it.

That was the question Willis was asked.  It's not like he grabbed the mic and screamed I AM THE BEST BACK IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. NO ONE ELSE COMES CLOSE TO MY SKILL LEVEL!!! Somebody asked him a question and he answered it.

740676[/snapback]

I changed some of your post? Sound familiar? Yet McGahee continues to take flak for it. B-)

I changed some of your post? Sound familiar? Yet McGahee continues to take flak for it. B-)

740688[/snapback]

Not from me. I'm actually glad he said it because now he has something to prove to people again. He had something to prove after he was hurt, he came back and played well, now he can put that chip back on his shoulder and come out and prove those who have ridiculed him for that statement wrong. Some people need that kind of motivation.

Thurman always said being drafted in round 2 was always a big motivating factor for him because he wanted to show everyone that they had made a mistake.

Do you call going on Conan O'Brien's show just a few days before the draft and saying "I am going to have to get used to losing if i go to Houston" a mistake?

It's all part of Reggie's secret evil plot. It's so evil even the casual observer is left doing nothing but scratching their head, not because it itches either.

I love his ESPN commercial too, and I don't think this comment is a big deal at all.

I also don't think he has any real weaknesses, but it will remain to be seen how his durability is when he is carrying the ball more, and not on the plus end of OL / DL talent mismatches like he had all through college. He is a spectacular talent, and I hope he is as much fun to watch as Barry Sanders. Could make for some very enjoyable Fox games.

I don't have any problem with Willis's comments from last year either. I wish Mularkey would have had his back and said he loved the confidence and hoped it came true instead of cutting off his player at the knees. I can't wait to see Willis run this year. I think we will see something special this year, and I especially hope he tears up Miami twice and in the red zone we call his number over and over and he pounds it in. I'm sure Mularkey will pass a message on to the defense to double team Shelton.