Say what you want about Chris Brown

JoeF

But the guy gets it...from Today's Blog on BB.com-- also interesting Nall news:

NALL: I wrote in Bills Digest this week that if Nall can come back by Aug. 14 and play in the second preseason game and do well that this competition isn't over by any means. Talking to him last night (see Bills Roundup - in multimedia section) it looks like it will be Monday that he returns. Dick Jauron said he's not counting him out, so unless somebody really lights it up Saturday night don't put Nall on the back burner yet. He was doing rollouts, high steps and other footwork drills last night after practice with the trainers and looked pretty limber.

BRUSCHI'S WRIST: Well it looks like Bruschi is going to miss all of the Patriots preseason games and his status is uncertain for the opener against the Bills. Can't say I'd be disappointed if he couldn't play. Of course if he doesn't he'll be off brokering world peace somewhere and ESPN will have 10 minute updates on his progress.

BOWEN'S DIARY: Hey if you haven't checked out Matt Bowen's diary you should. Some informative stuff and some great anecdotes. He's up on the home page. Not to mention he's been making some plays in the secondary the past few days.

WIRE OUT: Forgot to mention in last night's notes that Coy Wire sat out the evening workout with a strained back. It's a muscular injury, but it's not believed to be serious. LaWaylon Brown also sat out with his leg injury.

---

NALL: I wrote in Bills Digest this week that if Nall can come back by Aug. 14 and play in the second preseason game and do well that this competition isn't over by any means. Talking to him last night (see Bills Roundup - in multimedia section) it looks like it will be Monday that he returns. Dick Jauron said he's not counting him out, so unless somebody really lights it up Saturday night don't put Nall on the back burner yet. He was doing rollouts, high steps and other footwork drills last night after practice with the trainers and looked pretty limber.

BRUSCHI'S WRIST: Well it looks like Bruschi is going to miss all of the Patriots preseason games and his status is uncertain for the opener against the Bills. Can't say I'd be disappointed if he couldn't play. Of course if he doesn't he'll be off brokering world peace somewhere and ESPN will have 10 minute updates on his progress.

BOWEN'S DIARY: Hey if you haven't checked out Matt Bowen's diary you should. Some informative stuff and some great anecdotes. He's up on the home page. Not to mention he's been making some plays in the secondary the past few days.

WIRE OUT: Forgot to mention in last night's notes that Coy Wire sat out the evening workout with a strained back. It's a muscular injury, but it's not believed to be serious. LaWaylon Brown also sat out with his leg injury.

---

739404[/snapback]

I'd like to ask Brown, if he wasn't a Levy signing, what is the fascination with Nall? He wasn't knocking the socks off anyone before he injured himself. Freudianly, I keep wanting to call him Null.

I'd like to ask Brown, if he wasn't a Levy signing, what is the fascination with Nall?  He wasn't knocking the socks off anyone before he injured himself.  Freudianly, I keep wanting to call him Null.

739406[/snapback]

Its a good question AJ, but its also interesting that he believes that one of the other two is in a position to distinguish himself enough Saturday night to win the job outright. That's how I read "if somebody really lights it up".... I didn't think that this competition was at this stage yet.....I am probably reading too much into that.

---

739404[/snapback]

It's one thing for us to make fun of Teddy but I don't think he, as an objective journalist, should be slamming other team's players, even lightheartedly unless he knows that particular person and does it in jest.

It's one thing for us to make fun of Teddy but I don't think he, as an objective journalist, should be slamming other team's players, even lightheartedly unless he knows that particular person and does it in jest.

739711[/snapback]

Who says he's supposed to be objective? He's a BILLS' journalist.

Little extreme, don't you think?

739734[/snapback]

No. I'm tired of everyone looking at every little comment as a reason to start some kind of fuggin' crusade. Because making fun of the way the media portrays Teddy Bruschi is going to somehow screw the karmic balance of the universe or something.

739711[/snapback]

For starters, he isn't making fun of Tedy, but taking a jab at his fellow "objective journalists." What kind of slam is it for him to indicate that the Patriots are a much better team with Tedy in the lineup?

How original.

How original.

739762[/snapback]

I didn't take that as a shot at Tedy rather I thought it was a slam on the journalistic oral that ESPN gave him the night he first returned to the lineup last year - which I think we all agreed was a 'tad' over the top....

Because making fun of the way the media portrays Teddy Bruschi is going to somehow screw the karmic balance of the universe or something.

739743[/snapback]

But it is. Havent you ever heard "Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain?"