Pics from today's practice - 8/9

How would you like to see that coming around the corner looking to cream you?  He has freakish natural gifts.

739415[/snapback]

I forgot we actually cut him in '04 before signing him back to our practice squad three months later. I suspect we must've been clearing the roster because he was cut on Aug. 31, but it's funny how these things work out.

Nice pictures Jay!

in picture #2 Villarial is getting pushed back pretty good. has anyone noticed if that has been a common theme in camp?

in picture #3 Fowler is getting pushed back pretty good. has anyone noticed if that has been a common theme in camp?

in picture #6 Fowler (?) is getting pushed back pretty good. has anyone noticed if that has been a common theme in camp?

I forgot to mention - Robert Royal had a very good practice also.  Good hands and nice blocking.

739411[/snapback]

Praise the Lord!

The dark clouds have parted, and our savior Robert Royal has descended from on high to grace us with his godly football gifts!

<handel's messiah>

HA-LE-LU-JAH!

</handel's messiah>

:lol:

Nice pictures Jay!

in picture #2 Villarial is getting pushed back pretty good.  has anyone noticed if that has been a common theme in camp?

in picture #3 Fowler is getting pushed back pretty good.  has anyone noticed if that has been a common theme in camp?

in picture #6 Fowler (?) is getting pushed back pretty good.  has anyone noticed if that has been a common theme in camp?

739432[/snapback]

lmao.....

Was at practice as well: I was impressed with Royal. He moves well, very athletic. Willis looks like he is ready to go as well.

Peters looks good. Gibson is huge; not quick but huge. Villareal looks good. Tutan Reyes looks very athletic not the blob type we usually see at guard. Fowler looks small to me which is a concern.

Passing drills near goaline- Clemons got beat a few times. Once by Evans, once by Aiken. Good news is passes were perfect by JP. Bad news Nate is our #1 corner. Parrish fell down about three times in drill. Chris Denny looked good for a camp fodder type.

Kickoffs- I thought Parrish was electric, really darts thru openings. Mcgee looks good too.

Defense- Schobel looked good. 2nd defense- Whitner and Simpson got burned on one pass- lotta of yelling by coaches after that play. They really march Whitner right up to the line of scrimmage.

QB's- JP throws nice long ball, long outs right on time. KH 's ball stays in air long time, makes better decisions with shorter throws. No newsflashes here.

Spikes was moving well. Wire was not suited up. Team does look fast overall.

Just got back from camp myself, Jay I think I must have been right next to you and not known it.

Anyways, I came away very impressed with Robert Royal (as has been mentioned above) and Roscoe Parrish today. Royal looked a lot faster than I expected but had some great pops in the blocking game. Caught what was tossed at him.

Parrish was just on fire today too...return game, he was lights out and in the passing game...whoa momma, I saw him juke a DB right out of the play not once, not twice...but thrice (Simpsons reference for you.) Parrish looks ready.

Peerless Price also was very consistent, had some nice catches through the entire practice.

McCargo looked like he was winded again, kneeling down next to the other standing DTs to catch his breath after the DT practices were completed.

Jason Peters is going to be HUGE for us, no pun intended. He just mauled people today, they didnt stand a chance against him. The O-Line today performed very well I thought.

Same cannot be said about the QBs. Losman looked very nervous at times and held onto the ball too long. He overshot a bunch of his deep passes, but to his defense I suppose its better to overshoot than undershoot. Holcomb was...Holcomb. Short passes, nothing long.

Defensive backfield coverage was very good today, especially Youboty. I overheard a lot of the coaching staff heap praise on him for the angles he took and shutting down receiving lanes. He didnt get any picks, but he negated anyone they put on him.

Funny sidenote, RIGHT when I thought to myself "Hmmmm, havent seen Martin Nance do anything today" he immediately made a TREMENDOUS catch from Losman, jumping and twisting in mid-air, then got down the field for more yardage. So all of you Nance lovers out there, he showed off with that play.

All in all, I think its obvious the Defense is far ahead of the Offense at this point...but thats to be expected. Losman still looks like he has a lot of work to do to get ready for the season. However, I was quite surprised by how well some of the "question marks" on this team performed today (O-Line, TE, WRs not named "Evans").

Losman still looks like he has a lot of work to do to get ready for the season. 

739622[/snapback]

if this freakin' coaching staff would get off the pot and make a decision they could let one of these boneheads start getting a starters number of reps at QB and get in a gosh darn groove.

JP actually looked like he was having trouble with handoffs today. He got tangled up with a receiver in motion on one play and had to reach for another.

Not sure who's fault these were, just an observation.

And yes, Parrish and McGee were dynomite on kick returns.

Praise the Lord!

The dark clouds have parted, and our savior Robert Royal has descended from on high to grace us with his godly football gifts!

<handel's messiah>

HA-LE-LU-JAH!

</handel's messiah>

:o

Wiseass. :lol:

:P

Gotta say, though, I've also been pleasantly surprised by Royal's work in the passing drills. This cannot be the same guy who dropped almost as many passes as he caught last season, can it? Does Strong Memorial Hospital do hand transplants?

If they did, Lonnie Johnson would have been the first guy in line years ago. The L. Johnson Strong Memorial Hand Transplantation Unit, I can see it now  :rolleyes:

739696[/snapback]

He'd never go for it - he spent far too much $ getting his nails done. :doh:

Nice pictures Jay!

in picture #2 Villarial is getting pushed back pretty good.  has anyone noticed if that has been a common theme in camp?

in picture #3 Fowler is getting pushed back pretty good.  has anyone noticed if that has been a common theme in camp?

in picture #6 Fowler (?) is getting pushed back pretty good.  has anyone noticed if that has been a common theme in camp?

739432[/snapback]

That's funny, I looked at those exact pics and marveled at the great seals that the OL and TEs had to clear the lanes for the runners. Don't know about safety suprort or LBs outside picture range, but each of those looked like long gainers for the RBs.

That's funny, I looked at those exact pics and marveled at the great seals that the OL and TEs had to clear the lanes for the runners.  Don't know about safety suprort or LBs outside picture range, but each of those looked like long gainers for the RBs.

739795[/snapback]

I wish I kept snapping after pic 1 to see the collision between Jason Peters and London F-B.