So We Have One Qb For The Long Ball

If you boil it down, that is what the dilemma has come down to. So what is the solution? Most fans agree that JP has the most upside and I agree. With Willis in the backfield, that IS your short game which would make one wonder why you would take out the long ball which Holcomb clearly does not have.

The last thing management can be is conservative because they know the fans will come down HARD. I really do find it hard to believe that they will pick anyone but Losman to start on Saturday. <_<

If you boil it down, that is what the dilemma has come down to. So what is the solution? Most fans agree that JP has the most upside and I agree. With Willis in the backfield, that IS your short game which would make one wonder why you would take out the long ball which Holcomb clearly does not have.

The last thing management can be is conservative because they know the fans will come down HARD. I really do find it hard to believe that they will pick anyone but Losman to start on Saturday.  <_<

739141[/snapback]

What better time to take a risk with the long ball than a pre-season game? (excluding practices) If that's the goal of our offense I want to see or read (west-coaster) that it was J.P. working with Evans, not Kelly.

The last thing management can be is conservative because they know the fans will come down HARD. I really do find it hard to believe that they will pick anyone but Losman to start on Saturday.  <_<

739141[/snapback]

The last thing management should do is worry about fans coming down hard if management knows that their OL is not yet one that can hold off a defense sufficiently, with some degree of reliability, for a long pattern to develop.

A crafty, battle-hardened qb with a decent enough arm can help there, but as it stands now, one would have to somehow make an alloy out of Losman and Holcomb.

Time of possesion, even it gotten through inglorious FB plunges, could serve them well.

Their 2006 defense and offense likely won't win shooting matches.

The last thing management should do is worry about fans coming down hard if management knows that their OL is not yet one that can hold off a defense sufficiently, with some degree of reliability, for a long pattern to develop.

A crafty, battle-hardened qb with a decent enough arm can help there, but as it stands now, one would have to somehow make an alloy out of Losman and Holcomb.

Time of possesion, even it gotten through inglorious FB plunges, could serve them well.

Their 2006 defense and offense likely won't win shooting matches.

739160[/snapback]

If the offensive line cannot provide any sort of time for the long ball, I guess we know who our starter is going to be. I really don't believe that Losman is going to be able to make the quick decisive accurate throws that could prove to be Bills football all season long. Let's just hope the line gels sooner rather than later.

739141[/snapback]

What about the third choice? What does he add?

I really do find it hard to believe that they will pick anyone but Losman to start on Saturday.  <_<

739141[/snapback]

Does it really matter who starts Saturday? Right now Holcomb is penciled in as starter (at least he has been getting the first repetitions in camp), so I really don't think anything will change from now until the game. Holcomb will start this week and unless something drastic takes place in the next 10 days, Losman will probably start game 2. A final decision on a starter for the season will probably follow that game.

If the offensive line cannot provide any sort of time for the long ball, I guess we know who our starter is going to be. I really don't believe that Losman is going to be able to make the quick decisive accurate throws that could prove to be Bills football all season long. Let's just hope the line gels sooner rather than later.

739165[/snapback]

I think (hope) he can. Rocky road though it's been - and certainly without warts coming in - JP was an appealing QB in his draft.

Bust or boom, we don't know. But I hope this so-called competition stops. NFL offenses are complicated things these days, and reps matter.

Does it really matter who starts Saturday?

739172[/snapback]

Naa...the home crowd as well at the away crowd expects the big name to start the snaps.

Traditionally, game three is the tune-up for the season to come, and the starters sit in game 4 while the hopefuls go nuts trying to keep a squad job.