Guys you want to key on Saturday

1. Anthony Thomas. If he is as quick and fast as being reported lately, he could be a good back-up to Willis. Although I equally want to see Lionel Gates, whom I very much want to make this team.

2. Aaron Gibson to see if he can play guard. man, do we need back-ups on the line (not that we don't need starters).

3. Kyle Williams. I've liked this guy from the start. Not sure he can play in this league as a rookie.

4. Keith Ellison and Wendell Hunter. Speed and heart are one thing. Talent and production in games are another.

5. Rashad Baker. If he is ready to start, or to be a solid back-up, troy's days could be numbered. 5a is Ko, who makes this team easily and is the FS in 1-2 years.

6. Andre Davis, especially blocking and on special teams. If he can play, Aiken is gone. And we will have a lot of burners at WR.

7. Brad Butler. More of a hope than a feeling.

8. Roscoe. I just like watching him.

1. Anthony Thomas. If he is as quick and fast as being reported lately, he could be a good back-up to Willis. Although I equally want to see Lionel Gates, whom I very much want to make this team.

Looks like if this is the case then Shaud Williams will be the odd man out.  I can't imagine him going on the practice squad.

2. Aaron Gibson to see if he can play guard. man, do we need back-ups on the line (not that we don't need starters).

3. Kyle Williams. I've liked this guy from the start. Not sure he can play in this league as a rookie.

I agree...I am always looking at camp reports to see how he is doing.  If Tim Anderson doesn't show marked improvement this year, Williams could make Anderson expendable.

4. Keith Ellison and Wendell Hunter. Speed and heart are one thing. Talent and production in games are another.

5. Rashard Baker. If he is ready to start, or to be a solid back-up, troy's days could be numbered. 5a is Ko, who makes this team easily and is the FS in 1-2 years.  I am pleasantly suprised at how good Ko Simpson has looked.  Although I have tempered enthusiasm.  It is only training camp.

6. Andre Davis, especially blocking and on special teams. If he can play, Aiken is gone. And we will have a lot of burners at WR.

I think the Bills find a way to put at least one WR (Martin Nance probably) on Injured Reserve to protect him from being picked up.  There is definately going to be some WR "backup quality" talent let go.

7. Brad Butler. More of a hope than a feeling. Me too.  I liken him to Kyle Williams on the DLine.  Just a guy I am hoping turns out to be a player.

8. Roscoe. I just like watching him.  I remember reading a lot of posters on this board being down on Roscoe this past offseason.  I was disappointed when he got hurt last year, but could only remember all the higlight reel catches he was making before he got hurt. 

739016[/snapback]

I am really pumped to see the preseason game this weekend. I think it will one of the first preseason games I will watch all the way through just to get a look at all of the Bills draft picks in realtime action.

Not sure if he falls into the "obvious" category, but I'm eager to watch Melvin Fowler. I think this is one of the positions which stood the most to gain from the change, and can have a tremendous effect on the line if it is successful.

739022[/snapback]

I fully agree. I also want to see what Preston can do. He is now slated as the backup RG (after being drafted as an OC), and it is difficult these days to imagine CV having a full, healthy season.

Good play from a young kid like him would strongly benefit the Bills offense.

5. Rashard Baker. If he is ready to start, or to be a solid back-up, troy's days could be numbered. 5a is Ko, who makes this team easily and is the FS in 1-2 years.

739016[/snapback]

Yes, indeed! I'm also looking forward to see Rashad step up... pair him with Donte and you've got 2 safeties with speed who can lay the smack down! <_<

I'm pretty intrigued by Butler. He's a smart, nasty and efficient tackle. My only concern is whether he can handle the speed rushers in the NFL (better footwork should help). If he develops as hoped, perhaps in future years he could man the RT spot and allow JPeters to move to LT.

I'm really interested in checking out our TEs, namely Royal but also Everett. I'm hoping the gaping hole that TE was last year for us is really the position of strength that I've been led to believe thus far.

739016[/snapback]

The two practices I went to Aiken was way outplaying Davis IMO. I dare say he impressed me the most of any receiver. I think a lot of that is that he was getting more passes thrown his way - KH seems to really like to get the ball to him. But when the ball did get to him - he went after it and showed great ability both catching the ball with his hands and getting his body in good position to shield the defender on the catch. I've also seen his number a lot on the Bills Focus videos. Add to that his ST prowess, and I think it would be a real shame if he gets cut. To me - Davis is the guy on the bubble right now more than Aiken.

My thoughts:

1. Will Peerless Price grab and solidfy that #2 WR position

2. Will Gates be the 3rd RB or will he lose his fight to Shaud Williams

3. Will Ricard push Shelton

4. How is our backup OL going to handle things