Fox Sports Bills Preview

MichFan

Nice preview on the Bills over at Fox Sports:

Link

Most interesting to me is the comments on A-Train looking revitalized. If McGahee and A-Train can produce similar to how Barber and Dayne did for the NYG, it would certainly make JP's/Kelly's life a bit easier.

Link

Most interesting to me is the comments on A-Train looking revitalized.  If McGahee and A-Train can produce similar to how Barber and Dayne did for the NYG, it would certainly make JP's/Kelly's life a bit easier.

738837[/snapback]

It's nice to hear objective bash-less reporting on the bills; rather than the espn junk that we are painfully objected to all the time.

It's nice to hear objective bash-less reporting on the bills; rather than the espn junk that we are painfully objected to all the time.

739096[/snapback]

It was a pretty positive report but this is a fantasy assessment, and more importantly, he went to practice one day and just by chance certain players, like Losman and Price and Thomas looked quite good. That's an extremely skewed POV.

It was a pretty positive report but this is a fantasy assessment, and more importantly, he went to practice one day and just by chance certain players, like Losman and Price and Thomas looked quite good. That's an extremely skewed POV.

739105[/snapback]

Is every team report this positive if not more so?

I get the allure of fantasy football, but I wish it didn't get so much airtime on the tube. I get tired of seeing FF updates scrolling along the bottom of the TV.

739133[/snapback]

I second that motion! No offense to people who are into FF or Rotisserie baseball, but I just do not get it, and hate how the cluster of scrolling stats makes it that much harder just to find out a fricking score.... <_<

Yes, it's a fantasy report. You have to read it as such, but he's basically saying McGahee is going to be better than people are expecting, people who are basing expectations on last year. That's good news whether based on fantasy projections or not. As far as A-train is concerned, I think the Bills have an interesting porblem in that they have potentially two very good every down backups in A-train and Gates. It may be that both could make solid #2 backs. Of course, only one can have the job. Shaud Williams, if he makes the team, should fianlly be assigned the role that is appropriate for him, "situational back-up." The Bills' depth at RB is potentially the best it's been in years. Of course, other than the starter, fantasy guys are not going to be thinking about that too much.

Link

Most interesting to me is the comments on A-Train looking revitalized.  If McGahee and A-Train can produce similar to how Barber and Dayne did for the NYG, it would certainly make JP's/Kelly's life a bit easier.

738837[/snapback]

Bingo! A very good running game could make this season a lot less painful for everyone concerned. Keeps other offenses off the field, eats time, opens up the passing game. If we can provide some power running life could be good again for us Bills fans. Not playoff good, mind you...but good enough to enjoy watching! :lol:

I second that motion! No offense to people who are into FF or Rotisserie baseball, but I just do not get it, and hate how the cluster of scrolling stats makes it that much harder just to find out a fricking score....  :rolleyes:

739137[/snapback]

It's kind of like gambling in that it makes you more interested in the outcomes of games involving teams other than your own. Example, I play Roto-baseball as well and right now I tune into games that I normally wouldn't care about to see how Victor Martinez hits or if Johan Santana is throwing well, or if Dave Roberts has gotten on base and stolen a base.

During football season it gives me a vested interest in 4pm games and night games when the Bills aren't playing and the outcome doesn't affect them at all. I can now care about a Saints/Cardinals game in December because I'll have Larry Fitgerald or something.

My personal mantra is to avoid Bills and to some extent Phillies at all costs. Personal views of those teams can skew your opinion. I would be likely to overvalue a Bill or Phillie and/or be twice as pissed off if they stink it up, so I just don't draft them at all. My exception this year was Ryan Howard, but I got him in round 7 and he's an animal.

Good fantasy players would be good gamblers as well, they are able to be objective about players and matchups and evaluate what a favorable matchup would be.

Thanks for the very sensible explanation. I can see why that would have its appeal, though for me, I can't really imagine caring at all about sports if not for the personal attachment to my abandoned home town... Without that connection, it's just a bunch of genetic freaks in halloween costumes.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, of course. B-)

Have a great season, fellow Philly resident!

It's kind of like gambling in that it makes you more interested in the outcomes of games involving teams other than your own.  Example, I play Roto-baseball as well and right now I tune into games that I normally wouldn't care about to see how Victor Martinez hits or if Johan Santana is throwing well, or if Dave Roberts has gotten on base and stolen a base. 

During football season it gives me a vested interest in 4pm games and night games when the Bills aren't playing and the outcome doesn't affect them at all.  I can now care about a Saints/Cardinals game in December because I'll have Larry Fitgerald or something.

My personal mantra is to avoid Bills and to some extent Phillies at all costs.  Personal views of those teams can skew your opinion.  I would be likely to overvalue a Bill or Phillie and/or be twice as pissed off if they stink it up, so I just don't draft them at all.  My exception this year was Ryan Howard, but I got him in round 7 and he's an animal.

Good fantasy players would be good gamblers as well, they are able to be objective about players and matchups and evaluate what a favorable matchup would be.

740127[/snapback]