Ross Tucker

Griff28

Collusion.

738722[/snapback]

No kidding....wonder if Crennel has pictures of Belichick and the ex-Giants receptionist.......

Why did we effing cut Ross Tucker...a smart tough guy who more often than not seemed to get it done on the field...we picked up Big Bennie...a slightly questionable trade off..

No kidding....wonder if Crennel has pictures of Belichick and the ex-Giants receptionist.......

Why did we effing cut Ross Tucker...a smart tough guy who more often than not seemed to get it done on the field...we picked up Big Bennie...a slightly questionable trade off..

738740[/snapback]

He didn't fit the big, fat, immobile and heartless scheme of former regime.

738740[/snapback]

Because last year's front office had no clue... <_<

Tucker only played in one game for the Patriots last year.  Not exactly a major blunder by the Bills either way.  And if the Browns start Tucker at center... <_<

738751[/snapback]

Seriously. Paranoia is fine, but we're talking about a below average CENTER here. Not like the Browns got Richard Seymour.

Tucker only played in one game for the Patriots last year.  Not exactly a major blunder by the Bills either way.  And if the Browns start Tucker at center... <_<

738751[/snapback]

Don't give me facts...why would I care... ;)

I guess I was looking at the year before when he started 12 games for the Bills and helped solidify a line that played pretty well after he was inserted into the line-up. We went out and signed somebody to a bigger contract who all indications were was going to be benched by his former team (already had been). So Tucker was on upswing, Anderson on a downswing and yet we made the move...just curious.

The former regime also did some great things--McGee, Peters, Fletcher-Baker, Spikes, etc...but cutting Tucker was curious at the time and became more curious when Bennie had about 2 serviceable games (Jets at home being one) the whole season.

Seriously.  Paranoia is fine, but we're talking about a below average CENTER here.  Not like the Browns got Richard Seymour.

738799[/snapback]

I can't speak for AD but I think he was trying to be funny. Also, its 1/2 way through camp--basically giving them Tucker when they had a huge need with Bentley down and Hallen walking was probably much better than the Browns could of done bottom feeding for a street free agent at this time. Its all about what's out there when you have the need in this case...

Don't give me facts...why would I care... <_<

I guess I was looking at the year before when he started 12 games for the Bills and helped solidify a line that played pretty well after he was inserted into the line-up.  We went out and signed somebody to a bigger contract who all indications were was going to be benched by his former team (already had been).  So Tucker was on upswing, Anderson on a downswing and yet we made the move...just curious.

The former regime also did some great things--McGee, Peters, Fletcher-Baker, Spikes, etc...but cutting Tucker was curious at the time and became more curious when Bennie had about 2 serviceable games (Jets at home being one) the whole season.

They cut him because of back issues. Hence the reason he only played in 1 game for the Patriots and in the NFL last year.

They cut him because of back issues.  Hence the reason he only played in 1 game for the Patriots and in the NFL last year.

738806[/snapback]

...at the time there was speculation from I believe Allen Wilson that the back issues were a convenient excuse...I will see if I can dig that up..

...at the time there was speculation from I believe Allen Wilson that the back issues were a convenient excuse...I will see if I can dig that up..

738811[/snapback]

no, that was Jerry Sullivan and baseless and he basically backtracked a week later. Tucker couldn''t play at all for anyone until halfway through the season.

no, that was Jerry Sullivan and baseless and he basically backtracked a week later. Tucker couldn''t play at all for anyone until halfway through the season.

738815[/snapback]

Yep--found it...you both are right...so less curious move...

Sullivan obviously followed the "well if the Patriots picked him up, he has to be good and the Bills screwed up" line of thinking. <_<

738817[/snapback]

Or if TD cut someone it must be because TD is the son of satan and drinks babies blood...

Wouldn't being the son of Satan HELP our team make it to the playoffs?  Come on someone must have sold their soul, was it so cheap that it only won us a 5-11 record?  <_<

738871[/snapback]

You are assuming that TD's goal was to win instead of torturing Bills Fans around the globe..... ;)

I knew I had heard the name Ross Tucker somewhere before...and finding his pic on the Browns website wearing a Bills' white jersey only confirmed my suspicions.

If Tucker's healthy, maybe the Browns are OK at center...for now. I hope that Hallen's able to come back without too much trouble.

Mike