Good chance Holcomb will be the starting Qb for

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#080806

Starter Soon At QB: Dick Jauron said yesterday he thinks he knows who will start at QB on Saturday against Carolina but that will not mean that person is the starter entering the season. A final decision was expected to be made last night after a meeting with the coaches but he doesn't plan on making it public until Thursday or Friday. He said the starter this week may be based on seniority or reverse seniority. Expect Kelly Holcomb to get the nod for the first preseason game.

Well, even if Holcomb starts, at least JP will be the main backup Qb. But remember, look how much time the backup Qb's got in the Hall of Fame game. JP better show us that he can be the true starting Qb for this team.

Starter Soon At QB: Dick Jauron said yesterday he thinks he knows who will start at QB on Saturday against Carolina but that will not mean that person is the starter entering the season. A final decision was expected to be made last night after a meeting with the coaches but he doesn't plan on making it public until Thursday or Friday. He said the starter this week may be based on seniority or reverse seniority. Expect Kelly Holcomb to get the nod for the first preseason game.

Well, at least JP the backup Qb.  But remember, look how much time the backup Qb's got in the Hall of Fame game.  JP better show us that he can be the true starting Qb for this team.

738679[/snapback]

Very good point on the backup QBs in the HOF game. I wouldn't mind seeing Holcomb start and play a series, then JP get in there for a couple quarters. I just pray when the regular season starts, Holcomb is ANYWHERE but under center for us. JP is gonna have to be the man for us...

Well, at least JP the backup Qb.  But remember, look how much time the backup Qb's got in the Hall of Fame game.  JP better show us that he can be the true starting Qb for this team.

738679[/snapback]

If JP isn't getting 90% of the first half snaps in game 4 of the preseason, he won't be starting the regular season. That will pretty much seal his fate as a Bill. And we will have another losing season.

If JP isn't getting 90% of the first half snaps in game 4 of the preseason, he won't be starting the regular season.  That will pretty much seal his fate as a Bill.  And we will have another losing season.

738774[/snapback]

The regular season is too long and the potential for season ending injury is so real in the NFL that I do not see a pre-season decision sealing anyone's fate. How the regular season goes and how the players perform in it will determine a lot more about the player's future with the Bills.

I don't get where BillsDaily is coming from saying to expect Holcomb to get the nod. I seems to be pure speculation.

738757[/snapback]

The Buffalo Bills official depth chart provides a pretty good hint. It is subject to change through game time, but I think that while predicting JP will start would be speculation, suggesting that the depth chart reflects some sense of where the Bills are right now is not unreasonable.

The Buffalo Bills official depth chart provides a pretty good hint.  It is subject to change through game time, but I think that while predicting JP will start would be speculation, suggesting that the depth chart reflects some sense of where the Bills are right now is not unreasonable.

738784[/snapback]

Suggesting is not unreasonable, but I personally don't think it's accurate.

When they first put up the interactive depth chart, only the clear starters were listed first, then the other players are listed alphabetically. When the QBs were posted: Holcolm, Losman, Nall, Ochs it was clear to me it was just an alphabetical listing and nothing more significant.

It looks to me now that there are three tiers listed on the depth chart:

Clear starters

Players competing for a backup roll

Players not in serious contention for a backup roll (Fodder)

I thought this was going on at TE too, when they were first listed as:

Royal (starter)

Cieslak

Everett

Neufeld

There was a big deal made about Cieslak unexpectedly being the 2nd TE. It looked/s to me, however that Cieslak, Everett and Neufeld are just listed alphabetically....

...He said the starter this week may be based on seniority or reverse seniority. Expect Kelly Holcomb to get the nod for the first preseason game.

738679[/snapback]

JP will start. DJ said "No, it might just be seniority for this one… or reverse seniority." then smiled(as if he had said it wrong & then had to correct himself).

Reverse seniority would be JP surely.

No problem. Let Kelly get beaten to a pulp by that tough first-string Carolina defense, while JP comes out and lights up the Carolina backups. Good for the kid's confidence.

738783[/snapback]

Like what Oakland did with their backup.

I don't get where BillsDaily is coming from saying to expect Holcomb to get the nod. I seems to be pure speculation.

738757[/snapback]

Doubt it.

If JP isn't getting 90% of the first half snaps in game 4 of the preseason, he won't be starting the regular season.  That will pretty much seal his fate as a Bill.  And we will have another losing season.

738774[/snapback]

JP HAS TO BE A SUCCESS!!! Please. If he comes around as a qb this season I will be satisfied at the end of it. No matter what our record is. I just want to see some positive steps towards the future. Cant afford JP to be a bust. Bills cant afford to waste 1st round picks like that. Damn I hope he starts all these pre season games.

JP HAS TO BE A SUCCESS!!! Please. If he comes around as a qb this season I will be satisfied at the end of it. No matter what our record is. I just want to see some positive steps towards the future. Cant afford JP to be a bust. Bills cant afford to waste 1st round picks like that. Damn I hope he starts all these pre season games.

738950[/snapback]

I don't care if we waste 1st round picks per say, but I'm right behind you in the concept of we cannot afford for JP to be a bust. If he's a bust, it will be at least 3 years after this one before we can realistically contend again....unless we get a vet...& I've never been fond of that route.

GO JP!!!!!

I'lll guess we hear today or tomorrow that Kelly will start against Carolina and JP will start the second preseason game against Cincinnati.

This will give them a chance to look at both QBs with the rest of the first string and gives JP a bit of an edge to take the lead heading into the season. I'll also guess that they set up the starter for good by PS game #3. And since I'm full of guesses this morning, I'll guess that QB is Losman.

Look at the bright side, at least we're not the only team with a QB debate.

Maybe the Beginning of the End Once Again

Romo To Start?

It's been no secret Parcells plans on giving Tony Romo increased reps in this year's four preseason games, and those reps might come sooner than expected.

Parcells said Tuesday there is a chance starting quarterback Drew Bledsoe might not play in Saturday's preseason opener against Seattle, and that he would hand the start to Romo.

While he reiterated the decision has not been made and that at this point there is "a 50-50 chance" of Bledsoe starting, Parcells said Romo will take a significant number of the snaps.

"At this point in my career, I don't need a lot in the preseason for me to feel like I'm ready to rock and roll for the season," Bledsoe said. "I don't know. It's up to (Parcells). We really haven't talked about. But if he wants me to play, I will. If he wants to throw Tony in there first, that's fine too."

Bledsoe said he figures he has played in about 54 preseason games, so missing one in Seattle "wouldn't be the end of the world."

But starting might be a big deal for Romo, who said he is always looking for more reps with the first team.

"They haven't really told me anything," Romo said. "But I'm just preparing to play whenever that is. You always want to work with the first group. It's a situation that you want to get the confidence of playing against the ones. When you get that opportunity, you want to play well."

<_<;):lol:

Starter Soon At QB: Dick Jauron said yesterday he thinks he knows . He said the starter this week may be based on seniority or reverse seniority. Expect Kelly Holcomb to get the nod for the first preseason game.

738679[/snapback]

This thread has been bothering me since it's inception. Reverse seniority means JP will start. Is it really that difficult to understand?

Look at the bright side, at least we're not the only team with a QB debate.

Maybe the Beginning of the End Once Again

<_<  ;)  :lol:

""I don't know. It's up to (Parcells). We really haven't talked about. But if he wants me to play, I will. If he wants to throw Tony in there first, that's fine too." "

738965[/snapback]

I think this is a great example of the "fire in the belly" this Bills team hasn't had since Bledsoe left.... :P

I think this is a great example of the "fire in the belly" this Bills team hasn't had since Bledsoe left....   ;)

738970[/snapback]

I bet there will be plenty of fire right before Drew gets cut again.

"This is MY team!" <_<