Jay Cutler Seems To Be Lighting It Up

How is this contradicting myself?? JP has not proved crap in practice or games in 3 years . Just because the coaches screwed around with him doesn't mean he can't make smart decisions on the field.

738449[/snapback]

You mean because most quarterbacks with eight starts, who play in a scheme that really isn't one, generally blossom? The JP Losman story is the antithesis (look it up) of how to develop an NFL QB.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean because most quarterbacks with eight starts, who play in a scheme that really isn't one, generally blossom?  The JP Losman story is the antithesis (look it up) of how to develop an NFL QB.

738461[/snapback]

The bottom line is that the Bills have a superfluous (look it up) amount of receivers which will never see the ball if some quicker decision making skills are not developed.

I am all for giving JP the whole year (no matter what) to develop into a talent. I am so sick of our QB issues over the past few years - it is sickening. I can only imagine how elated Dolphins fans must be after so many years of crappy QBs.

I can only imagine how elated Dolphins fans must be after so many years of crappy QBs.

738486[/snapback]

They have as many QB questions as the Bills do. Daunte WAS a Pro Bowl QB when he had the greatest deep ball threat in NFL history to throw to. Last year, without Moss, he looked very similar to Losman. His team was struggling badly and losing like crazy, and then he tore three ligaments and some cartiledge in his knee. That same team proceeded to win like crazy with Brad Johnson.

I agree, DC is a step up from Jay Fiedler, AJ Feely, and Sage Rosenfels. But I'm not sure he's the rock-solid foundation you think he is. You must've heard that he's making good reads in camp.

How is this contradicting myself?? JP has not proved crap in practice or games in 3 years . Just because the coaches screwed around with him doesn't mean he can't make smart decisions on the field.

738449[/snapback]

The reason you contradict yourself, in my eyes, is because you acknowledge how poorly the coaches handled him, but you don't factor it in as a primary reason why his is not lighting it up on the field.

His first two years in the league, JP was treated like a Jewish cop trying to arrest Mel Gibson for a DUI. They did nothing, absolutely nothing, to foster his confidence. I'd argue they actually did so much damage to his confidence that much of it it still needs to be undone before he is remotely capable of consistently making good decisions on the field.

I know this guy has not played a down in the NFL so hold off all those comments but apparently this guy looks like he has got EVERYTHING people are looking for. He has already been elevatd to #2 spot.  They are saying his decision making skill are incredible with an arm to boot.

It just seems as though these are some of the things that people would be saying about Losman if they thought he was going to be a gamer.  Time to separate yourself JP - start using your noggin!!!! I keep hearing the same things from camp that I have heard over the last two years - great arm but still making some bad reads.

738177[/snapback]

His decision making skills didn't look too hot everytime he'd get rattled last year. His decision making wasn't the greatest in the Senior Bowl either. They said he was put to the second team to get reps with the 1st team offense against the 1st team defense to see how he would perform. He may very well be a good QB down the line, but don't start calling him a young Elway yet.

Wow, how hard is it for people to understand that Buffalo Baumer is saying he would like to hear more about JP's decision making skills instead of the arm.

By now JP should be showing better decision making skills, but its still a problem for him.

Basically, Losman has yet to practice well except for throwing deep. How does anyone expect Losman to play well in games when he cant even make the quick decisions without the pressure in practice.

This preseason will be very important. NO, you dont just give JP the job based on age and arm because the guy has not shown anything other than a strong arm in practice.

From WHERE are you getting this? :angry:

738516[/snapback]

From everyone.

Someone write a report on how quick Losman gets the ball out, how fast he is making decisions. I have yet to see that report. All I read about is the 1 or 2 deep passes a practice.

If he is not getting the ball out quick in practice he wont in games.Losman throwing deep or completing a pass does not show anything. He has to start making the quick decisions in practice.

From everyone.

Someone write a report on how quick Losman gets the ball out, how fast he is making decisions.  I have yet to see that report.  All I read about is the 1 or 2 deep passes a practice.

If he is not getting the ball out quick in practice he wont in games.Losman throwing deep or completing a pass does not show anything.  He has to start making the quick decisions in practice.

738528[/snapback]

Holcomb is very decisive when he throws. He knows at the start of each play he's going to his outlet receiver 1yd downfield. Bills fans can point to Holcombs stellar completion percentage every week after we lose. "Hey, Kelly went 20 for 24 for 18 yards! Woohoo!"

PTR

Holcomb is very decisive when he throws.  He knows at the start of each play he's going to his outlet receiver 1yd downfield.  Bills fans can point to Holcombs stellar completion percentage every week after we lose.  "Hey, Kelly went 20 for 24 for 18 yards! Woohoo!"

PTR

738540[/snapback]

Come on, Bills fans are smarter than this.

For a guy that has not had many chances, he has lit it up for 400 yards a few times, a couple in the regular season and once in the playoffs.

But this isnt even about Holcomb. Its about JP Losman not yet showing quick decision ability in practice after 3 seasons in the NFL.

The guy has had many practice reps, but still things dont function quick enough. He throws a great ball, but he has to start thinking faster.

Throwing a deep pass is the last thing anyone evaluating JP should be caring about.

Come on, Bills fans are smarter than this. 

No they aren't. As it is with all things, individuals are smart, groups are generally stupid. The larger the group, the dumber it is.

For a guy that has not had many chances, he has lit it up for 400 yards a few times, a couple in the regular season and once in the playoffs.

That's true. He's also limited, brittle, and getting older.

But this isnt even about Holcomb.  Its about JP Losman not yet showing quick decision ability in practice after 3 seasons in the NFL.

Drew Bledsoe isn't showing quick decision making after over a decade. Losman isn't going to turn into Tom Brady overnight, especially when he's on his second scheme and has a grand total of eight starts with a terrible coach on a bad team that played amazingly stupid football.

The guy has had many practice reps, but still things dont function quick enough.  He throws a great ball, but he has to start thinking faster.

738587[/snapback]

Symptomatic of ALL young quarterbacks. Dan Marino threw two interceptions in his first quarter of play in the NFL, and he was playing on a good football team, with a proven coach back when the game was much simpler than it is today. Losman deserves another half a season. Jesus Christ, it's week 2 of fuggin' training camp. It's not as if playing Kelly Holcomb 16 games (he wouldn't start more than 10 anyway) is going to mean anything more to this team than 10 spots in the draft.

Holcomb is very decisive when he throws.  He knows at the start of each play he's going to his outlet receiver 1yd downfield.  Bills fans can point to Holcombs stellar completion percentage every week after we lose.  "Hey, Kelly went 20 for 24 for 18 yards! Woohoo!"

PTR

738540[/snapback]

I also follow the Browns- and sometimes Holcomb plays well, I'll give him that. I already know I dont want him as a starter from his past with the Browns though

I also follow the Browns- and sometimes Holcomb plays well, I'll give him that. I already know I dont want him as a starter from his past with the Browns though

738597[/snapback]

That is one of the best comments, why cant this be the thinking of more Bills fans?

Instead they have to make stupid comments about Holcomb only being able to throw 5 yards.

A simple, he is not good enough is all thats needed.

No they aren't.  As it is with all things, individuals are smart, groups are generally stupid.  The larger the group, the dumber it is.

That's true.  He's also limited, brittle, and getting older.

Drew Bledsoe isn't showing quick decision making after over a decade.  Losman isn't going to turn into Tom Brady overnight, especially when he's on his second scheme and has a grand total of eight starts with a terrible coach on a bad team that played amazingly stupid football.

Symptomatic of ALL young quarterbacks.  Dan Marino threw two interceptions in his first quarter of play in the NFL, and he was playing on a good football team, with a proven coach back when the game was much simpler than it is today.  Losman deserves another half a season.  Jesus Christ, it's week 2 of fuggin' training camp.  It's not as if playing Kelly Holcomb 16 games (he wouldn't start more than 10 anyway) is going to mean anything more to this team than 10 spots in the draft.

738595[/snapback]

Well, any smart fan would like to be hearing things about Losman's weakness. We would like to hear how poised he looks. We would like to hear how quick he makes his reads. We would like to hear about how he is taking charge on the field.

Where would I like to see this?? Lets start at practice 1st. Once he does that, then we can worry about seeing it in games.

Instead, all I read is about his arm. Wake up people, an arm only wins the QB competition in Hawaii like Rob Johnson did.

His decision making skills didn't look too hot everytime he'd get rattled last year. His decision making wasn't the greatest in the Senior Bowl either. They said he was put to the second team to get reps with the 1st team offense against the 1st team defense to see how he would perform. He may very well be a good QB down the line, but don't start calling him a young Elway yet.

738501[/snapback]

This is just in....ALL QUATERBACKS MAKE BAD DECISONS!!!! Peyton Manning makes a bad decision every once and a while. it happens Manning gets rattled whenever he plays new england but everyone still says hes a great qb. JP played in 8 games in his whole damn carrer let the guy actully play before you knock him. Carson palmer wasnt the second comign of jesus right away, neither was manning (eli or peyton). Give the kid a chance to [prove what he can do. That coaching lat year, that was a non iwn situatiion for losman. they had a different game plan for losman than they did holcomb. And if losman had a higher completion % bc he dumped off for 2 yards on 4th and 8, we still woulda lost. The thing that really seperates holcomb and jp in my opinion, is not arm strenghth or decison making, its losmans big play potential. yes holcomb can manage a game, and when you have a great o line rb and defense that works. but we until proven otherwise lack the o line and d. the player that gives you the best chance to win is someone who CAN MAKE PLAYS with his arm or legs. holcomb can do neither. id rather have losman throw a pic going for a big play then holcomb dumping a 2 yard pass on 4th and 8 when we still have a good shot against NE. but hey i guess higher completion % and stats are far more important than the overall outcome of the game.

That is one of the best comments, why cant this be the thinking of more Bills fans?

Instead they have to make stupid comments about Holcomb only being able to throw 5 yards.

A simple, he is not good enough is all thats needed.

738618[/snapback]

Actually, the problem is he only throws five yards. If he had a cannon for an arm he would probably be an excellent QB in this league.