one red paper clip for a house

millbank

Jeremy was speaking about this , this morning.

Paperclip For House

A young man started out with the thought of trading a red paper clip for a house. first he traded Clip for a Fish Pen, then Fish Pen for a door knob, the door knob for a coleman stove, the stove for generator, the generator for a instant party, the party for a skidoo, the skidoo for a trip to Yak, the trip for a Cube Van, the Van for a Recording Contract, the Contract for one year in Phoenix, Phoenix for afternoon with Alice Cooper, Afternoon for one Kill Snow Globe, one Globe for one Movie Role, finally Movie Role for one house in Saskatchewan.

Reading through the site this appears to be true....

Jeremy was speaking about this , this morning.

Paperclip For House

A young man started out with the thought of trading a red paper clip for a house.  first he traded Clip for a Fish Pen, then Fish Pen for a door knob, the door knob for a coleman stove, the stove for generator, the generator for a instant party, the party for a skidoo, the skidoo for a trip to Yak, the trip for a Cube Van, the Van for a Recording Contract, the Contract for one year in Phoenix,  Phoenix for afternoon with Alice Cooper, Afternoon for one Kill Snow Globe, one Globe for one Movie Role, finally Movie Role for one house in Saskatchewan.

Reading through the site this appears to be true....

737914[/snapback]

Tis true, 20/20 featured it a few weeks ago.

Considering the house is in Saskatchewan I'm not sure it was such a good trade.

737945[/snapback]

Bet you never tried driving through the tall wheat fields in your pickup. Remember baling hay in Swift Current Saskatchewan for five cents a bale. After work was done , jumping in the pickup and driving in the wheat fields, the wheat so tall is was easy to get lost. Honest to goodness it depends on your desired lifestyle but Saskatchewan a really friendly place.

Bet you never tried driving through the tall wheat fields in your pickup.    folks in that  Remember baling hay in Swift Current Saskatchewan for five cents a bale.  After work was done , jumping in the pickup and driving in the wheat fields, the wheat so tall is was easy to get lost.  Honest to goodness it depends on your desired lifestyle but Saskatchewan a really friendly place.

737952[/snapback]

It's a freaking house!

Even if it's only worth like 50 grand, the guy travelled all over north america and ended up trading a paperclip for 50,000!

Not a bad deal, if you ask me

Tis true, 20/20 featured it a few weeks ago.

737935[/snapback]

Yeah, I caught some of that, too. My wife was watching, and she showed me the part where he traded the KISS snow globe to Corbin Bernsen, who collects snow globes. I forget what he got for it, though.

Bet you never tried driving through the tall wheat fields in your pickup.    Remember baling hay in Swift Current Saskatchewan for five cents a bale.  After work was done , jumping in the pickup and driving in the wheat fields, the wheat so tall is was easy to get lost.  Honest to goodness it depends on your desired lifestyle but Saskatchewan a really friendly place.

737952[/snapback]

It was a joke man. I'm sure Saskatchewan is a nice place.

It was a joke man.  I'm sure Saskatchewan is a nice place.

738086[/snapback]

I understand that, I did not take you to be being unkind. I was just remembering my time as young boy working on the farm in Saskatchewan. Its not for everyone, certainly folks who desire big city amenities it isnt for them.