Should Kiss be in the rock and roll HOF?

USMCBillsFan

Should kiss be in the R&R HOF?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should kiss be in the R&R HOF?

• Yes
    • No

Kiss is the same as Hansen or the Backstreet Boys.  Now Joe, you're just being an ass.  Are the better than AC/DC?  No, but different.  They pioneered a a genre of theatrics in rock.  A Kiss show was different than any live concert out there and I've been to many.  Let me ask you, which came first Kiss or AC/DC's pyrotechnics?

737666[/snapback]

You need a theatrical show when your music sucks. 'Nuff said.

If you want to compare late KISS to contemporaries, you get into Judas Priest/Iron Maiden/King Diamond and there's simply NO comparison.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need a theatrical show when your music sucks. 'Nuff said.

If you want to compare late KISS to contemporaries, you get into Judas Priest/Iron Maiden/King Diamond and there's simply NO comparison.

737989[/snapback]

Some of us like KISS' music. Some of us buy their albums (I still have many of their older albums on vinyl) and go to their shows (about 6 or 7 times for me, total). To each his own.

Some of us like KISS' music.  Some of us buy their albums (I still have many of their older albums on vinyl) and go to their shows (about 6 or 7 times for me, total).  To each his own.

738004[/snapback]

Indeed.

To me, anything that is HallofFame worthy should be loved almost universally.

Indeed.

To me, anything that is HallofFame worthy should be loved almost universally.

738007[/snapback]

What a crock. Music is so subjective. I don't love the Beatles, many don't. Do they deserve to be in the Hall? Absofukinglutely! Rock and roll is not just about the music, it's about theatrics as well (remember Elvis could only be shown from the neck up on early TV?). Go see Chuck Barry, the Stones, The Who, Pink Floyd, your favs AC/DC. Angus Young doesn't just stand there. Just the opposite.

A rock show is an event and Kiss took that event to the next level and redifined the term stage show, hence the reason they should be included in the hall.

Another thing to consider is HOF attendance. With Kiss' huge fan base, many people would visit Cleveland who ordinarily would stay away... smart business move if you ask me.

738201[/snapback]

Not sure that the spitting up blood and breathing fire crowd is the kind of tourism that Cleveland is looking for.

Although, it IS Cleveland.

what is it about those jewish boys from NYC, aren't the beastie boys jewish as well? talk about 2 acts that have really turned the music biz on thier ears...or at least on thier yamulke's(sp)

I saw them back in 79. Excellent show! This was before the kiddies started liking them.

Not bad for a bunch of nice Jewish boys from NYC.

737450[/snapback]

what is it about those jewish boys from NYC, aren't the beastie boys jewish as well?  talk about 2 acts that have really turned the music biz on thier ears...or at least on thier yamulke's(sp)

738237[/snapback]

Well you KNOW that the Jews run the entertainment industry. ;)

I was never a Kiss fan, but yes they belong in the R&R HOF, as do the Monkees, as do the Jacksons, Maybe even the Partridge Family, and as might NKOTB, Back Street Boys when thier time comes. Not saying that they belong on their musical merits rather for thier impact on the Music and Rock and Roll world. Kiss revolutionized the theatrical shows, taking Alice Cooper & Genesis to a completely next level, laying the groundwork for future bands, the wall tour comes immediately to mind. Keep in mind I am not comparing Kiss with AC, Genesis or Pink Floyd musically, rather they laid the groundwork for the theatrics alot of bands have adopted. There are places in HOF's for the fringe elements of the industries, let them enjoy thier place

my point was that kiss took it to the next level, kind of a, if you will, BAM!!

738285[/snapback]

:angry: ...if you want BAM...then Alice Cooper is who influenced KISS...KISS just "joined the act"...they were imitators not innovators...no doubt about that...

After I become dictator, the second eduational requirement after sign language is that every student must learn a musical instrument (drums and their ilk do not count, sorry cowbell fans). A modest understanding of music theory will help the world to do away with pop schlock.

After that, world peace will be a piece of cake.