I see that Monopods are prohibited

beerme1

as they are on the list of prohibited items in the stadium.

What the hell is a monopod?  :)

737377[/snapback]

That's really out-dated. That's what they called I-Pods before they mastered stereophonic sound.

It's a camera tripod, but with only one leg. Have never used one, but I think they're mostly for professional photographers.

737384[/snapback]

Interesting. And it makes sense! :)

Although I've never heard of monopod, it suprises me that they included that since they do list a tripod.

Would there really be an argument at the gate over this issue?

Security: you can't bring that in.

Guy: why not?

Security: no tripods allowed

Guy: it's a monopod jackass

I guess I could see this happening :)

Interesting. And it makes sense!  :)

Although I've never heard of monopod, it suprises me that they included that since they do list a tripod.

Would there really be an argument at the gate over this issue?

Security: you can't bring that in.

Guy: why not?

Security: no tripods allowed

Guy: it's a monopod jackass

I guess I could see this happening  :)

737395[/snapback]

Cool, I can still bring my quadpod.

It's a camera tripod, but with only one leg. Have never used one, but I think they're mostly for professional photographers.

737384[/snapback]

I've never used one either but I bet it'd make a great spear if you were mad at another fan or player.

Except that you can't bring in the leg you break off, because that would be a monopod.

However, if you tie a monopod to a tripod, then it's a quadripod, and you can bring them both in.

737439[/snapback]

Yet Bipods are not prohibited , so you could bring a bipod, and then break it off and have two monopods, or a spearing contest.

That really sucks. Back in the film days, I would actually lug my camera and big lens in, and needed the monopod to support the lens. My guess is that it's not so much for security, but to prevent easier videotaping.

737384[/snapback]

i have one.

but i am not a professional photographer.

I have a monopod, too. As some of my videos were blurry last Thursday, I was going to bring it. Guess I'll have to rest my camera on the fence, or bring one of them tabletop tripods that fits in my pocket.

But if the security guard hassles me, we're going mono a mono.