He wants it?

They're not? That's exactly what they're doing today, and all of the Arab world, most of the muslim world and MUCH of the rest of the world is begging Israel to stop...

738124[/snapback]

Hizb'Allah doesn't have anything to lose. They get killed, become martyrs and go to paradise to !@#$ 72 fat virgins.

The Arab world probably wants Israel to stop, but I doubt if they want more European and American troops deployed to the region.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hizb'Allah doesn't have anything to lose.  They get killed, become martyrs and go to paradise to !@#$ 72 fat virgins. 

The Arab world probably wants Israel to stop, but I doubt if they want more European and American troops deployed to the region.

738206[/snapback]

What the Arab world watns, if the news reports are true, is for Israel to unilaterally cease-fire and remove themselves from Lebanon. Toot Sweet, as it were.

The problem in Lebanon is that they've ACCPETED Hizbollah into the government, desppite how the Christians ans Sunnis and Druzes might feel about them. They've allowed an intrinsically anti-Semitic group to become part of their government. How do you deal with that if you're Israel? This is the sticky part of the equation.

738202[/snapback]

Well, you know, they did get votes in the southern part of Lebanon which got them the seats in government,

It still is a democracy. Its like if the communist or socalist parties here in the US won an election and got some seats in congress, do we just kick them out?

Well, you know, they did get votes in the southern part of Lebanon which got them the seats in government,

It still is a democracy.  Its like if the communist or socalist parties here in the US won an election and got some seats in congress, do we just kick them out?

738224[/snapback]

If they had their own private army, yes.

This isn't 1906. It's 2006. Civilized, rational people don't think like this. Why does this kind of stuff exist with such vigor in the Arab world?

737936[/snapback]

Am I the only one that sees the irony in making people civilized by bombing them back to the 18th century?

If they had their own private army, yes.

738242[/snapback]

And if you do kick them out, it sparks a civil war between Hez'bollah and the Lebanese government, one that a Syrian-backed Hez'bollah would easily win.

Good-bye Lebanese democracy, hello rule by Hez'bollah.

And if you do kick them out, it sparks a civil war between Hez'bollah and the Lebanese government, one that a Syrian-backed Hez'bollah would easily win.

Good-bye Lebanese democracy, hello rule by Hez'bollah.

738247[/snapback]

You don't know that.

15 years of civil war didn't see the Muslims in Lebanon achieving victory.

You don't know that.

15 years of civil war didn't see the Muslims in Lebanon achieving victory.

738250[/snapback]

Most of the Lebanese army is made up of police officers and non-trained military officials. For their small army to go up against Hez'bollah, Syria, and possibly Iran in one big swoop would be suicide.

As I was googling for the info I read to back me up here, I found that the US government seems to agree.

I'm not so sure that Hizbollah is getting their balls blown off. I think most of those killed in Lebanon have been civilians rather than Hizbollah fighters.

738070[/snapback]

How exactly does one tell the difference? Please spare me the women and children thing, as we all know that terrorist groups now use them.

Most of the media reports I've read (including some from the Israeli and US media) are suprised at the resilience of Hizbollah and quite a few have been critical of the performance of the IDF.

Ah, so now the mass media isn't full of crap and can be trusted to tell the truth. Must have missed the memo.

Ah, so now the mass media isn't full of crap and can be trusted to tell the truth.  Must have missed the memo.

738265[/snapback]

The validity of the reporting depends on whether they are telling you what you want to hear.

That's one of the realities of asymmetric warfare. When you are massively outgunned you don't stand around in a field and wait to be bombed.

738139[/snapback]

Of course not. Its much easier to hide in a nursery school like a pansy ass B word, because you know the enemy cant go there.

Although, i have no doubts that if Isreal ever decided to hide in its own schools and hospitals, the ragheads would have no problem going after them.

What the Arab world watns, if the news reports are true, is for Israel to unilaterally cease-fire and remove themselves from Lebanon. Toot Sweet, as it were.

738210[/snapback]

It's hard for me to feel sympathy for Syria or any other arab nation that supports Hizb'Allah. They pissed off Israel and are getting exactly what they desrve. Now they have to deal with the IDF or an international force on their borders. Life sucks... thanks for choosing option F.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know where Syria keeps their chemical weapons? I know they use to have chemical munitions depots at Khan Abu Shamat, Furqlus and Aleppo. However, that info is like 15 years old. Plus it's not including the 70 mobile units that they have hidden somewhere underground.

It's hard for me to feel sympathy for Syria or any other arab nation that supports Hizb'Allah.  They pissed off Israel and are getting exactly what they desrve.  Now they have to deal with the IDF or an international force on their borders.  Life sucks... thanks for choosing option F.

738305[/snapback]

Must say, I agree.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know where Syria keeps their chemical weapons?  I know they use to have chemical munitions depots at Khan Abu Shamat, Furqlus and Aleppo.  However, that info is like 15 years old.  Plus it's not including the 70 mobile units that they have hidden somewhere underground.

738305[/snapback]

Production facilities: One or two near Damascus, one in Hama, one in Latakia and one in Al-Safira.

Storage: Khan Abu-Shamat and Furqlus.

As you said, this does not include mobile units.

Most of the Lebanese army is made up of police officers and non-trained military officials.  For their small army to go up against Hez'bollah, Syria, and possibly Iran in one big swoop would be suicide. 

As I was googling for the info I read to back me up here, I found that the US government seems to agree.

738259[/snapback]

There's also the fact that most of the rank and file members of the army are shiite muslims and are unlikely to want to fight Hizbollah.