He wants it?

So, the "Death to Israel' chants that get uniform coverage on Al Jazeera are a figment of my imagination? 

Has anyone on the Arab side taken a serious moment to ask the logical question of exactly how the average Arab's life would be improved if the extremists achieve their goal and Israel were wiped off the face of the Earth?

Maybe the elimination of Israel is the worst thing that can happen to Arab regimes.  They may actually have to account to their people that perhaps Israel isn't the real problem?

And please don't sugarcoat the message that most Arabs are angry at Israel because of the bad treatment of Palestinians.  Last I heard, the Palestinians aren't living in palaces in Jordan.  But, in that case, refugee camps are ok.

737689[/snapback]

You seem to be making less and less sense. The "Death to Israel" chants are a reality but they have nothing to do with the Kashmir dispute, what's happening in Sudan or anything else on your original list.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be making less and less sense. The "Death to Israel" chants are a reality but they have nothing to do with the Kashmir dispute, what's happening in Sudan or anything else on your original list.

737692[/snapback]

Less and less sense??? :) He makes perfect sense. Answer the questions. :)

Has anyone on the Arab side taken a serious moment to ask the logical question of exactly how the average Arab's life would be improved if the extremists achieve their goal and Israel were wiped off the face of the Earth?

Maybe the elimination of Israel is the worst thing that can happen to Arab regimes. They may actually have to account to their people that perhaps Israel isn't the real problem?

Less and less sense???  :) He makes perfect sense. Answer the questions. :)

Maybe the elimination of Israel is the worst thing that can happen to Arab regimes.  They may actually have to account to their people that perhaps Israel isn't the real problem?

737695[/snapback]

I see what you are saying Eryn... You still can't equate what we think "improved" means and imply they want the same thing.

Apples and oranges... They might see our western standards not as an improvement, who knows?

Spiritually, they might see things differently.

I for one am not in a position to judge.

IMO... Of course.

:(:(

737692[/snapback]

At least we agree that Death to Israel chants have nothing to do with living conditions Kashmir or Sudan or Baghdad. But they do seve as a convenient foil to get people to forget the real issues. Welcome to Europe, circa 1200.

What Would Saddam Do?

Pakistan assembly has an issue with a military that defends its borders, and its allies, yet has no issues with its countrymen blow up civilians on trains.

In Sudan, more people died in a month, than the number of Arabs Israel has killed since occupying Lebanon, West Bank & Gaza.

But it's ok to kill your own kind.

I see what you are saying Eryn... You still can't equate what we think "improved" means and imply they want the same thing.

Apples and oranges... They might see our western standards not as an improvement, who knows?

Spiritually, they might see things differently.

I for one am not in a position to judge.

IMO... Of course.

:)  :)

737699[/snapback]

Its called, rational thought. Its apparent, there isn't any of that in the Muslim world.

For the most part at least. And especially from a certain few posters here.

And yes, you are in a position to judge.

The time line for this is clear. Hezbollah guerrillas, crossed a sovereign border, and killed two Israeli soldiers and kidnapped two other soldiers. Pretty clear in my book.

Its called, rational thought. Its apparent, there isn't any of that in the Muslim world.

For the most part at least. And especially from a certain few posters here.

And yes, you are in a position to judge.

The time line for this is clear. Hezbollah guerrillas, crossed a sovereign border, and killed two Israeli soldiers and kidnapped two other soldiers. Pretty clear in my book.

737709[/snapback]

You obviously dont understand the situation as well as osama bin chicot does.

If Israel didnt exist, then Hezbollah wouldnt have HAD to enter and kidnap/kill the Israeli soldiers. Therefore its israels fault. duh! :)

Oh, cut it out, both of you, Christ. :)

<extream whinny voice>

" oh I've never called anybody any names, noo"

The anti-Semitism on this board makes me want to puke.  :)

737730[/snapback]

anti-semitism :(

Oh, cut it out, both of you, Christ. :)

<extream whinny voice>

" oh I've never called anybody any names, noo"

The anti-Semitism on this board makes me want to puke.  :)

737730[/snapback]

And so does this PC name calling drivel:

Israeli policy bad = anti-Semitism!

Go figure... I knew it was coming... :(:(

:P:P:(:D

And so does this PC name calling drivel:

Israeli policy bad = anti-Semitism!

Go figure...  I knew it was coming... :)  :)

:(  :D  :(  :(

737736[/snapback]

so far, it seems as if most of the people on this board are for Israel's foreign policy.

so far, it seems as if most of the people on this board are for Israel's foreign policy.

737737[/snapback]

And if you think it is bad, then you must be labeled an anti-Semite.

That has got to be one of the most powerful "catch all" PC phrases ever invented. If all else fails, label them!

That was what I was referring too.

Speak boo about anything Israel does... Get labeled!

Automatic internet "win" for some...

Whats your problem ;)

anti-semitisms is a hostility toward or prejudice against Jews.

737739[/snapback]

i know what anti semitism is you jackass

i find it funny that you say that there is anti-semitism on this board because some peoples views differ from Jews.

If you want to see anti-semitism, go see my nephews school which the library was firebombed a year ago, that's anti-semitism.

And if you think it is bad, then you must be labeled an anti-Semite.

That has got to be one of the most powerful "catch all" PC phrases ever invented.  If all else fails, label them!

That was what I was referring too.

Speak boo about anything Israel does... Get labeled!

Automatic internet "win" for some...

737738[/snapback]

So it was OK, for Hezbollah to do what they did?

So it was OK, for Hezbollah to do what they did?

737746[/snapback]

Perhaps you don't understand.

Someone who doesn't agree with Israel is doing is not necessarily an anti-semite. An anti-semite is someone who says, "death to jews" or death to israel. Thinking that their foreign policy is bad is not anti-semite, it just means that you don't agree with their foreign policy.

Whats your problem ;)

anti-semitisms is a hostility toward or prejudice against Jews.

737739[/snapback]

True... I can't really argue with that.

It is a very well crafted expression (through history and use) that can encompass a lot. Very powerful brand too.

Jeepers just living is a hostile thing!

It sure makes people backpedal.

:lol: