No huddle

I'm not trying to re-live the old days, this is a 5-11 team, but the offense seems to do better with the no huddle. Losman performed better from the gun and under those circumstances last year. I've been to camp this year,and watching him push the envelope seems to fit him better. With all current personel this teams best shot might be to take a page from the past and let him go. He strikes me as too up-tight when running a traditional offense. Obviously he's no Kelly (Jim). Maybe one day, under the best possible scenarios, he could be on par with a Jake Plummer. Time will tell. If Marv can build a quality team around him, play some D and with the right coaching! perhaps they could stumble into the playoffs soon.

:D

LOVE the name.

I'm not trying to re-live the old days, this is a 5-11 team, but the offense seems to do better with the no huddle.  Losman performed better from the gun and under those circumstances last year. I've been to camp this year,and watching him push the envelope seems to fit him better. With all current personel this teams best shot might be to take a page from the past and let him go. He strikes me as too up-tight when running a traditional offense. Obviously he's no Kelly (Jim). Maybe one day, under the best possible scenarios, he could be on par with a Jake Plummer. Time will tell. If Marv can build a quality team around him, play some D and with the right coaching! perhaps they could stumble into the playoffs soon.

737041[/snapback]

Obviously he's no Kelly (Jim). Maybe one day, under the best possible scenarios, he could be on par with a Jake Plummer. Time will tell. If Marv can build a quality team around him, play some D and with the right coaching! perhaps they could stumble into the playoffs soon.

737041[/snapback]

:D that in a nutshell is my issue with Losman. He obviously has the physical tools to be successful, but for all the picks we spent on him I expect him to be more then the "next jake plummer". I dont want to have to surround a qb with perfect conditions and limit the offense to safe throws and not having to worry about a qb winning a game if the run game isn't working, and then having to draft another high pick qb. For Losmans sake I hope he turns out to be far better then Plummer.

:D  that in a nutshell is my issue with Losman.  He obviously has the physical tools to be successful, but for all the picks we spent on him I expect him to be more then the "next jake plummer". I dont want to have to surround a qb with perfect conditions and limit the offense to safe throws and not having to worry about a qb winning a game if the run game isn't working, and then having to draft another high pick qb.  For Losmans sake I hope he turns out to be far better then Plummer.

737044[/snapback]

i dont think JP has the mental capacity to run a no huddle.Jp is worse than Rob Johnson for a starting nfl qb.Thats ok i think he will be CUT after this dreadfull season. :lol:

i dont think JP has the mental capacity to run a no huddle.Jp is worse than Rob Johnson for a starting nfl qb.Thats ok i think he will be CUT after this dreadfull season. :D

737047[/snapback]

I vaguely remember from last years atrocity of a season a games where Losman did run the no-huddle and to his defense he seemed to move it quite well.

I can't remember which game specifically so I guess this response is not validated.

.....Maybe one day, under the best possible scenarios, he could be on par with a Jake Plummer. Time will tell. If Marv can.....

737041[/snapback]

:D:lol:

If that is his bigest upside I say we get rid of him now.

;)

I vaguely remember from last years atrocity of a season a games where Losman did run the no-huddle and to his defense he seemed to move it quite well.

I can't remember which game specifically so I guess this response is not validated.

737066[/snapback]

I believe it was versus Carolina.

737066[/snapback]

It was the game against the Panthers....and the worst part was when they

were in that final drive needing a TD, Meathead decided to stop the no-huddle...

I'm not trying to re-live the old days, this is a 5-11 team, but the offense seems to do better with the no huddle.  Losman performed better from the gun and under those circumstances last year. I've been to camp this year,and watching him push the envelope seems to fit him better. With all current personel this teams best shot might be to take a page from the past and let him go. He strikes me as too up-tight when running a traditional offense. Obviously he's no Kelly (Jim). Maybe one day, under the best possible scenarios, he could be on par with a Jake Plummer. Time will tell. If Marv can build a quality team around him, play some D and with the right coaching! perhaps they could stumble into the playoffs soon.

737041[/snapback]

I expect J.P. can become "under the best possible circumstances" a lot more than Plummer ever was/will be.

But I agree that J.P. looks comfortable in the two-minute drills, which is much, but not exactly, like the no-huddle offense. His best drive of last year, IMHO, was one in last year's game against the Panthers. J.P. went no-huddle and it worked very well against a very good defense. Now, it is important to note that it seemingly came out of nowhere, so Carolina was likely caught out of position, and the Bills didn't go back to it for the rest of the game, so it is unclear if it would have worked again.

But, with the direction the team has turned toward with its linemen on both sides of the ball, maybe this is something the Bills are looking at for this year. The no-huddle calls for lighter, more athletic linemen on both offense and defense, which is exactly what the Bills have now.

Of course, running the no-huddle is very risky. It only takes a few bad drives to be totally out of a game.