Made a Good Point...

the only time madden doesnt sound retarded is on the radio. He comes off extremely knowledgeable and bright, however on camera he's a bumbling fool. I dont know if anyone else caught this. After the HOF ceremony yesterday on NFL Network rich eisen and mooch were interviewing madden, and Mooch was mentioning how it was nice to involve your family with your old team and madden said something along the lines of ....

"Yeah, well you got the kids, and the wife and kids, and the kids with wife and kids and kids running around, some kids sleeping, and other kids drinking milk and stuff" :D

"Yeah, well you got the kids, and the wife and kids, and the kids with wife and kids and kids running around, some kids sleeping, and other kids drinking milk and stuff"  :D

737057[/snapback]

Frank Caliendo (stand up comic and MadTV member) does an excellent impression of Madden. Really focuses on the complete lack of central theme in anything that Madden sais.

Gotta love Madden though. Quite a real person if you ask me.

I see it's Pile-on-Madden time again....

He has made a hell of an improvement over his FOX days and the first year on MNF. I don't know if ABC got him a speech therapist or what, but I watched a dozen times the past couple of years and Madden was clear, fairly succinct and did exactly what a color analyst should do; good insight, a touch of whimsy, share stories. Michaels helps him stay on task. Same tonight (up until he kept saying 'hope' and 'prayer' when the guy was down --- but then again, what else are you going to say?). I think it also helps him to be at his peak when it's actually a contested game rather than a snoozefest, which many MNFs were recently. The new SNF has real promise after I earlier feared how Bush League NBC would be.

Try listening to the guy instead of plugging your ears and yelling MaddenBad.

I see it's Pile-on-Madden time again....

He has made a hell of an improvement over his FOX days and the first year on MNF. I don't know if ABC got him a speech therapist or what, but I watched a dozen times the past couple of years and Madden was clear, fairly succinct and did exactly what a color analyst should do; good insight, a touch of whimsy, share stories. Michaels helps him stay on task. Same tonight (up until he kept saying 'hope' and 'prayer' when the guy was down --- but then again, what else are you going to say?). I think it also helps him to be at his peak when it's actually a contested game rather than a snoozefest, which many MNFs were recently. The new SNF has real promise after I earlier feared how Bush League NBC would be.

Try listening to the guy instead of plugging your ears and yelling MaddenBad.

737069[/snapback]

:D

Unfortunately, SNF has that hideous clown, Andrea Kramer, walking the sidelines. If you aren't going to put some eye candy at the most useless reporting job ever, why even bother? I read that CBS and ESPN are getting rid of the sideline reporters. Thank god.

RTB

Ever notice how retarted Madden sounds when announcing?

737040[/snapback]

Madden got me thinking about a famous quote by JFK at a White House dinner party "There has never been a greater concentration of intellectual power here at the White House since Thomas Jefferson dined alone"

GW Bush should host one of his own. He could invite Madden, Ozzy, and Stallone.

Can you imagine the conversation :D

:lol:

"Who isn't excited? It's August 6th and everyone's undefeated!"

:D

GO BILLS

736989[/snapback]

And after week1, 15 teams will be only 0-1 and will have 15 games to still play...

I am really sick of John Madden talking nonsense and looks like it has

rubbed on Al Michaels in recent past too...

What a bunch of pussies. We finally have a !@#$ing football game to watch, we're not 20 minutes into the game, and already you're tired of listening to it.

Christ, if it was Paul McGuire I could ALMOST understand, but for the love of god I can't believe how the offseason turns men into pussies so quickly.

Nut up, you big crybabies.